Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Playing in Windows mode
Does anyone know if it is possible to play Sims 3 in windows mode, like we could with Sims 2? And is it as easy to change as in Sims 2?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM
There's an option in the in-game settings to use windowed mode, or you can change the shortcut just like in TS2 - make sure you use a shortcut to TS3.exe, though, not to the Launcher.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:36 AM
Yes in menu options graphics is the first one it has the option for full screen mode untick it and it is in window mode
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:23 AM
The one in the game itself isn't great to use. Sentences of the pop up boxes keep disappearing . It makes it hard to read. Maybe Whiterider's option is better.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:44 PM
Angel, I have no trouble using the in game windowed mode. I get the entire screen with no cut off pop up boxes. What screen resolution are you using?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
1680X1050 from the top of my head. I tried smaller resolutions too, but it kept cutting off the upper half of the sentences.