Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 4:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
My game crashes when I select specific "Store" objects
I have an issue with some Sims 3 Store Objects:
- The stove from the set "Future Shock".
- All washing and drying machines from the set "Loads of Laundry".
My problems: Everytime I select them or expand the inventory window (to see the description, price, and features) my game crashes. If I place these objects, without expanding the inventory box, I have no problems. I can play the game perfectly until I try to move them. I guess this issue has something to do with the movement thumbnails (because it only happens in cases in which appears these thumbnails). I tried to delete all the cache files and uninstall/reinstall these sets, but my game still crashes no matter what I do.
This issue only happens with these objects, neither any other object from the store, sims3pack file, or package files, make my game crash.
So, I ask everyone here, the place with the wisest simmers, how can I fix this issue for good.
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:15 PM
When you reinstalled the files, did you also redownload them from the Store? It may be that you need an update of the item - or they could just be broken.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 9:49 PM
Well, I have already done it and my game still crashes everytime I select or expand the catalog windows for these objects. I can use them anyway, but I just have to be really careful and don't forget never select these objects. I still waiting for anyone who knows how to fix this issue.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:40 AM
Do you have sims3packs installed with the launcher? Do you have .package files under the Documents folder or under Program Files? If under Program Files, you need to move them to the Documents folder as shown in the wiki guide. Make sure you remove all the Old Framework for the Program Files location. Crashing is most often caused by custom content. Temporarily remove ALL Custom Content, rename your User Files, then start the game. Does it still crash? If you have removed all custom content and it still crashes, you may have a hardware/software issue.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:23 AM
Do the in game laundry items cause any crashing issues that anyone else knows about?

I built an empty house, furnished the first floor completely, and the second floor is pretty bare bones. I only furnished the bathrooms with in game items, and then the laundry room. No CC on the 2nd floor at all. Plenty of CC on the 1st floor, without a problem.

Finally moved a family into the house.

Every time I try to move up to the 2nd floor, as soon as the screen moves up a floor, whether in game or in build mode, it crashes. The only thing on that floor that I haven't already experimented with in my test house is a laundry room.

I'm loading my test house as a type this. About to create a laundry room there and see if there are any issues.

Malibu
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 2:14 PM
I have this same problem. Was an appropriate answer ever discovered?

Please check out my Sims stories:

Conrad Legacy
Jensen Legacy
(will remain unfinished)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 3:47 PM
Well, the original poster never answered the question on how they installed these items and during the last 4 years these Store items have not been known to cause issues for many. So, no, no answer yet.
But anyhow, please do not resurrect old threads. It's against the site rules. Rather start your own and link back to this one.