Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Device Config not Showing Nvidia GPU
So periodically when I boot my copy of TS3, all of my settings get reset to default. Furthermore, I discovered today that despite having TS3W.exe set up to run under my Nvidia card, my Device Config shows my Intel integrated graphics card.

I've attached both my Device Config and a screenshot of my Nvidia settings.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DeviceConfig.zip (1.5 KB, 207 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:51 AM
From the Wiki:
Quote:
If you have dual-GPU, the deviceconfig.log report is no longer accurate. Just go by the GPU vendor's Control Panel's report when you have the game running. If that panel shows TS3W is using the dedicated GPU, then you're good to go. You can safely ignore whatever the deviceconfig.log claims.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...e#What.27s_Next

This will help if it turns out that your game isn't using the correct device:
http://modthesims.info/t/481768

For the settings getting reset to default- that's a common issue, it happens whenever your graphics driver is updated. What I usually do is to keep a copy of the options.ini file when I have it set correctly. Then, if you run the game and find that your options are reset, you can copy the lastdevice line from the new options.ini, and paste it into your saved copy. Then replace your new options.ini with the old (but keep that safe copy!).

I'm not sure what possessed EA to have all of your ageing and gameplay options reset each time your graphics drivers are updated, but there it is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 12:16 AM
Ah thanks. Oh EA, always confusing.