Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 2:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Guys, I Think I broke France.
The first time I go there, the adventures board works just fine. But when I go home, then return to france, the adventure board doesn't work at all and I can't complete the tombs without cheating! Any idea what's going on? this doesn't happen for Egypt or China.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 3:36 AM
Did you try Nrass DebugEnabler or his ErrorTrap or the MasterController too fix it
#3 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 4:06 AM
Did you do all the adventures? I don't remember if they reset if you come back.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 9:10 AM
The adventure board has been broken since, I think, Late Night was released. It wasn't you who broke it, it was EA/Maxis.

The only "fix" I know is to use MasterController, which allows you to select the different adventures manually.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
The adventure board has been broken since, I think, Late Night was released.

Well, [insert rude noise here] to EA. That sucks big time.
#6 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 10:45 AM
Well, with the arrival of the last EP, Into The Future, they also managed to finally break the regular opportunities, too.
(for this there is a fix here at MTS by nikel, but for the adventure opportunities - no fix)
#7 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 2:28 PM
The adventure board has been broken since, I think, Late Night was released. It wasn't you who broke it, it was EA/Maxis.

The only "fix" I know is to use MasterController, which allows you to select the different adventures manually.

Wait... speak more of how one can use MasterController to select different adventures manually! I've been using MC for some time, and I've never seen this, and some of the "Adventures", like leave France to get a crock... is a bit of a crock, you know?

Well, with the arrival of the last EP, Into The Future, they also managed to finally break the regular opportunities, too.
(for this there is a fix here at MTS by nikel, but for the adventure opportunities - no fix)

There are regular opportunities? Are we talking world adventures here?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 3:56 PM
Moving to Help. Please post here when you have game issues, not in Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 9:16 PM

Well damn.

I thought I didn't need MasterController, but I guess now I have to get it.
#10 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
Wait... speak more of how one can use MasterController to select different adventures manually! I've been using MC for some time, and I've never seen this, and some of the "Adventures", like leave France to get a crock... is a bit of a crock, you know?
Click on your Sim, choose MasterController/Basic and then
Quote:
Opportunity
Allows the user to select a specific opportunity to grant a sim
Opportunity: By Category
Separates the various opportunities into skill categories allowing for easier searching
Opportunity: Random
Randomly spawns a new opportunity for the given sim
When you are on vacation the available adventures are then under 'Opportunity: By Category'.

Quote:
There are regular opportunities? Are we talking world adventures here?
No, I'm talking base game here. Roughly speaking, the ITF specific opportunities are set such that they take priority over any other opportunity, but as they only work in the future world you won't hardly ever receive any opportunities in your homeworld again.
This is the link to nikel23's mod that fixes this issue: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560635