Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 9:14 PM
Well, does that apply to middle aged too? Guess I have to put my blinders on and not double take a look at the young adult hotties when I am out.

Since the relationship values between Sims are not staggered, they are the same as your Sims like or dislike a sim, then I find the attraction system useless and turned it off. Thanks Shimrod.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM
You know, with how badly done and very minimal coding some of these are I really wonder if Maxis recently had a change that either resulted in the coders hating thier jobs or they got a bunch of new guys who just know how to do the bare minimum.
One Minute Ninja'd
#53 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
You know, with how badly done and very minimal coding some of these are I really wonder if Maxis recently had a change that either resulted in the coders hating thier jobs or they got a bunch of new guys who just know how to do the bare minimum.

Or, a bunch of new guys who hate to do even the minimum.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 11:56 PM
The attraction system drives me cray, but for some stupid, unknown reason, I don't want to use a mod to turn it off. I'm hoping for someone to create a mod with different flavors to better control how it works. I like having the moodlet of the sims being attracted to each other, so that could be a possibility as to why I don't want to download a mod to stop it.

But the calls are annoying. My sims' list of people they know is crazy long, and they've never even spoken to half of them, ever.

It's a cute idea, but poorly executed.
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
So, you are under the impression that elderly ladies aren't attracted to young adults?

If I ever lose that ability, I'll let make sure my doctor knows that I do not accept it as an inevitable result of normal aging.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 3:52 AM
I guess my sim is unlovable then because she hasn't got a single phone call
One Minute Ninja'd
#57 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I guess my sim is unlovable then because she hasn't got a single phone call

Just remember, there's a lid for every pot. I even have 3 ex-lids to prove it.
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 4:28 AM
I haven't noticed any of this new attraction system in my game... I was kinda hoping I'd get to see it. Does anyone know if there is an official explanation of all it's functions and whatnot?
Instructor
#59 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 5:37 AM
I have noticed that if my doctor sim is in a community lot, I get a message saying " Oh is there a doctor in the house? I am getting feverish". I have never seen this before and thought it was a new "pickup line" I zoomed in and my sim was examining and giving shots to the sims that were saying it. I don't know, but to me I think it was a way for him to have to touch that other sim so they can get his attention.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I have noticed that if my doctor sim is in a community lot, I get a message saying " Oh is there a doctor in the house? I am getting feverish". I have never seen this before and thought it was a new "pickup line" I zoomed in and my sim was examining and giving shots to the sims that were saying it. I don't know, but to me I think it was a way for him to have to touch that other sim so they can get his attention.

Nope, these interactions were added in Ambitions for making the Medical career an "in between", something more than a normal rabbit hole job but less intensive than a profession. Doctors get these "emergencies" in community lots, as well as opportunities to vaccinate sims in a certain place, etc. Nothing to do with the latest patch.
Scholar
#61 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 1:28 PM
ive got one for you, downloaded the patch and went to play, almost immediatly my single teen male was asked on a date, he accepted and ran to the fire station (?), where i soon realised there was nobody there!! not even a fireman! he then went home, sad, and i had a popup in the corner say 'sorry, something came up' haha then the next day she was an adult and married :/

also, im now playing that teen sims brother, who is an evil ghost and almost everyone seems to be attracted to him at the same time as being terrified and getting the 'omg ghost!' moodlet... weird...
Instructor
#62 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 8:50 PM
At first I liked the attraction system--it means my painfully single sims can find someone to love! Then my sim kept trying to kiss her best friend (Morgana Woolff), and I found it less interesting, and then Beau Andrews decided to make out with my sim in front of his pregnant wife and I was repulsed by it.
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:38 PM
Ugh, that damn system.
I've not had too much trouble yet, but it's frustrating. I remember my happily married and pregnant housewife got called up and asked on a date (which she refused, she's already got 2 children), and her husband goes out and about and loads of people find him attractive. Thankfully, he's an assassin who just kills them all with his powers of thought.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 7:43 PM
It works better once you get Seasons installed. Not as many phone calls and no stupid, non-existent hookups. I feel for the ones that will not be getting seasons soon, there was no new patching when I installed it. They will definitely need mods to get pass this stuff.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
It works better once you get Seasons installed. Not as many phone calls and no stupid, non-existent hookups. I feel for the ones that will not be getting seasons soon, there was no new patching when I installed it. They will definitely need mods to get pass this stuff.

No need to feel for anyone, Shimrod's mod does the job great

19 - Female - Australia
Mad Poster
#66 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:37 PM
I know, but there are simmers that refuse to use mods. Those are the ones I feel for.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#67 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 1:26 AM
I know, but there are simmers that refuse to use mods. Those are the ones I feel for.
true, but for simmers who refuse to use mods, this latest flub by EA is probably the least of their worries....
Inventor
#68 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 8:36 PM
So what is the new attraction system? I'm still on 1.29 so I don't have it yet. However, I am interested in the details.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#69 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:18 PM
OK, turning off the attraction system again, totally useless. I wrote this morning what happened in my game.

Quote:
WTF with the attraction/love letters in the game. I sent the wife to get the mail and she notified, "There's a letter for Mookey. So and so said they can't stop dreaming of you and want to get together." After that, no mad moodlet, no queues to question him about so and so, and nothing to argue about. Shaking my head NO!! That system is bull.

Oh yeah, my sim don't get phone calls, he gets love letters.

If the wife doesn't react to the love letter what is the use of doing this? Pfft, forget it.

Field Researcher
#70 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 9:28 PM
it's a bit excessive, but i'm not terribly bothered by it (mind that i've only played with this patch for a few hours so far).

one sim was trying to chat my sim up under the guise of being interested in her 'craftiness' or something (she's a natural sculptor or something i think, or maybe handy?), which was amusing, but then another sim's brother was pretty persistently trying to get his wife's attention. considering putting up a gate around the house.

however i do have 2 sims that i want to start dating and it seems to be helping with them. their relationship is going up at a faster rate, which is necessary because the one girl is hot-headed or something and keeps stopping mid-romantic interaction to start yelling at the other. oh ea.
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:38 PM
The system is so incredibly broken for me. My married sim continually gets calls for dates from women he's never even met before. His ex wife calls, his sister in law calls, random grandma down the road he's never interacted before calls. It's gotten to the point that the phone literally does not stop ringing. EVER. It starts ringing, I end the call without answering. A half second later it's ringing again with a different sim on the line. I think there's a massive bug in my game with this stupid attraction system. I had to turn of autonomy all together because of it, and keep my phones silenced.

@lewisb40: How do you turn the thing off all together? That would be perfect!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:46 PM
A mod by Shimrod: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-mailbox-gifts/

Have to register to see it if you are not a member already.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:48 PM
Despite the fact that Grandma Anne is extremely attracted to her grandson, her brother and her own son, it's quite a cute feature.
One Minute Ninja'd
#74 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:05 PM
A mod by Shimrod: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-mailbox-gifts/

Have to register to see it if you are not a member already.

I used the same to kill it after about an hour of play. It ranks up there with automatic memories for the great idea with the worst execution.
Test Subject
#75 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:29 PM
Hate it. For some reason my sim's dad keeps flirting with her too. Like no, what are you doing, stop.
Page 3 of 4