Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2016 at 10:00 PM
Default WCIF a restorable car made into a wagon or something like it.
I had put this in General because I wasn't sure where to post this..

I am either looking for the Restoreable car turned into a wagon or something like it or if it hasn't been done is there a way of making it..I still a bit confused on where to put this post..sorry if it is still in the wrong place

Thank you in advance for your help..
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2016 at 12:26 AM
No - that's the right place now. Problem is, I don't think I've ever seen something like that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2016 at 1:59 AM
I'm a bit shocked that it hasn't been done..I'm hoping someone sees this and can make it..

Thank you maxon for your help
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:15 AM
I would not want to be a pest, but the ownable/restorable car is more like a low sport car...and is animated. Sims can *try* the engine, and for that they open the door, start the car (or try to) and all...They also try to fix a broken engine, do a paint job... I am not sure what kind of wagon or even what is a wagon for you, all I can think of is train and locomotives..sorry, I speak french mostly.
But i wonder how one could use another mesh than a low sport car to achieve this? Anything else medieval would be either too high, have no engine...or would fit weird with a paint gun.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:24 AM
I wasn't real sure if it was even possible..but I figured since cars were transformed into school buses and cabs with horses and things like that..then maybe that car to be transformed into something other than the car..

I guess I am stuck with that car lol..

Thank you Rosebine for your help and your English is just fine
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2016 at 2:32 AM
Oh it might be completely possible, for many. I am just trying to see animations working great...or what to replace working on a modern engine with?...I know accessory can be replaced...instead of a paint gun, someone could attach something else, etc. I wish I knew how or had a good idea of what to change that car INTO. And thank you.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2016 at 3:28 AM
It was just a thought..maybe someone will see this and do some thinking on how it can be done..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th May 2016 at 3:47 AM
Restoring a wagon would be really great though. I think either people would have to put up with them restoring a non existing engine or that part would need to be skipped. Wish I had the skills to do something like that. That's why Sun&moon came to mind because if anyone has the skills they would.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2016 at 4:41 AM
Thanks joandsarah..I think it would also have to be something that when that want for restoring that car came up for the Sim whatever is made will also fix that want..I wish I knew more about CC, modding, and all that for at least talking about this..

Thank you all for all your help and onsite on this subject.. I really appreciate it
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th May 2016 at 6:27 AM
I'd ask on Plumbbob Keep. Especially here. If they haven't made it already then I suspect that it might pique their interest. http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th May 2016 at 6:30 AM
Thanks Charity for your help
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2016 at 4:42 AM
Not sure if I am able to double post but have some news..

Over at SimPearls I posted this same topic and raynuss from Imagine That! posted this..

http://simpearls.co.uk/simpearls/in...61.msg14788#new

Thought it was worth posting that here..there might be hope yet lol..
Mad Poster
#13 Old 15th May 2016 at 4:52 AM
Here you go...the big *hic* in this, is that we must come up with THE idea...what to replace modern things with...how to deal with an engine and modern tools...this is also why i said (earlier in this thread)..I so wish I could do this, or have some great ideas about what and how...
Good to know for you anyways, that someone else is interested as much as you are..and now, we are at least 3..lol
Even though I am not about to play any medieval hood anytime soon. The project itself is catchy.

Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th May 2016 at 5:42 AM
lol..for me I just want something other than the car..it doesn't have run or start engine or anything like that..just a fixer upper that doesn't look like a car..then sell it..I never drive the car after it's fixed anyway..my first generation Sims don't work so I give them the car to fix up and sell..along with paintings and things like that..and when that stupid want to fix up that car comes up I would like it to take care of that want..

But am hoping that raynuss and others will come up with something..there are a lot of awesome minds and creators out there and my thanks goes out to all CC creators..awesome job everyone..
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2016 at 6:35 AM
In this case, with your reasonable wish, it becomes even more possible without being too complicated. Removing an interaction on any object, is a piece of cake. If on top of that, you don't even want/need the cart, wagon etc... to be drivable, I see hope right there.
The run? and rev engine though, also adds up to the thinkering skill's building. Might be true for all other performable interactions. (is performable a word?)
Let's say, if you only wanted one of them, playing in the engine for instance, then it would take longer for your sims to gain thinkering skill. (This is only my logic, here)
But i doubt you or your sims are in a hurry.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th May 2016 at 7:11 AM
Nixnivis is also someone to ask, she made me as a secret Santa gift this amazing blacksmith set: https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/page/3/ and this one later https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...ing/#more-10147 Also Rebecah at Affinity Sims might have some ideas. Just putting those creators out there as being people who might some of idea of how to achieve this. I never even imagined when I said I wanted a blacksmith bench that I would get one!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th May 2016 at 4:21 PM
I posted over at SimPearls on what I wanted and needed and it's not just for me..raynuss mentioned that it has to appeal to everyone..and their right..so am waiting on pins and needles on how it can be done to appeal for everyone..

Thanks Rosebine and joandsarah for your input..
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:28 PM
You want to hear some good news..omgosh..raynuss is working on this project..can't wait..and I have goose bumps on this..will let you know as things come together..I just read it over at SimPearls..
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 5:41 PM
bump..I thought this might be happening with rayness..now I am not sure..I know he is busy with real life and all..I still hope that he will be able to accomplish this. but if not it would be cool for someone else to try this project out..

It's hard to do a medievalish/fantasy/old country stories and pictures with a car..lol..

Thank you all that have helped and for anyone that might be brave enough to do this project..