Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2016 at 8:18 PM
Default Mini-Tutorial: Add a picture to any article of clothing
In this tutorial, I'm going to show you how to take a picture and add a certain part to clothes.
Admins please move this to the correct place if it's in the wrong place.
(Please forgive me if this is terribly written. I've never written one before.)

Things You'll Need
  1. Picture
  2. Sims 2 Bodyshop
  3. A photo editing program (I'm using GIMP. I'm not sure if Photoshop has the same tool I use or if it works the same way.)

1.) Find Picture

For this, I'm going to use a picture of the beautiful Taylor Swift

2.) Pick something to edit

To do this, load up Bodyshop -> Create Parts -> Start New Project -> Create Clothing. Any type will do. For this, I'm going to pick a plain tank top

This custom top is by All About Style using HystericalParoxysm's mesh in case you're wondering

Name it anything and travel to your Projects folder (If you can't find it, use my picture for reference.)

3.) Editing!

Find your clothes load it up in GIMP. Find your desired picture and load it up as well.
Looking at your chosen picture, click Layers, and look for Transparency (THIS IS CRUCIAL ) and click Add Alpha Channel.

Next, select the Fuzzy Select Tool (It looks like a little magic wand ) and select the BACKGROUND or THE AREA AROUND what you want on the clothes. You may have to drag your mouse a little. When you have a area selected, press the delete button. Now, it should look like this:

You may have to do it multiple times like I do, but that's fine. Sometimes, you may have to manually erase some extra bits, so do that if you need to.

This what my screen looks line now:

Select it and copy it to the clipboard then paste it to your project.

copied...

paste'd!

Resize it to fit the way you want then click File -> Overwrite

Now check it in BodyShop! You can make edits if you need to. When you're done, you can import it to the game and enjoy your new clothes!

Here's how mine turned out:
Forgive the Eaxis pants clipping through

You can use this method for almost all editing purposes. I hope I saved some time!

BritannicStepanova

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr