Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 5:17 PM Last edited by kaykeyser : 28th Mar 2016 at 5:42 PM.
Default Windows 10 issues
I have Windows 10, having issues installing. I got the starter pack. Instaled Sims 3 and Late Night EP just fine but the computer can't support High end stuff. Beforehand I buy more EPs has this issue happened for any one else? and how do I get around this? I don't see a place for just give us the code to prove you bought it and get a digital copy.

Issue 2 I can't find on this computer how to open the folder for the sims downloads I got or how to otherwise install them and I still need a body shop equivalent. I don't see one either any place.

Update I got as far as User data my name AppData. then I have to choose Local or Roaming then I assume Origin as I don't see a Maxis folder but I have no clue what folder is next.

under Roaming Origin I have CataloCache, CloudSaves, Common Titles,NucleuCache, Widget Updates Under LocalOrigin I have Avatar Cache, Origin and Web Cache. under THAT Origin folder is Cache and Local Storage. I don't see any Sims or Maxis Folders.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:23 PM
Within Origin, the place to enter the code should be on a pull-down menu, Redeem Product Code. Or is this not what you meant? There is no standalone digital copy, all the installs have to be through Origin now unless you have a base game disc that was produced before Sept. 2012.

Your game folder should be in Documents, not AppData. Can you not get to Documents from your Start Menu? Win10 is sneaky though, and might have tried to build your game folder in OneDrive if you don't have OneDrive deactivated.
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:41 PM
From what you told in the 1st paragraph it doesn't sounds like windows 10 issues because you managed to installed and play TS3 with LN EP, what patch version is your game now? I hope it's not 1.69..

And for the rest of what you told, you might want to try to disable using OneDrive before installing the game, in your case (if you have 1.69 patch now) it might need a new fresh clean TS3 re-installation after OneDrive have been disabled and just patched it to 1.67.

Note: in win 10, it's better that your local account and your online account (the email you registered with Microsoft which enabled you to use win 10's store contents) have the same name, I got this one messed up the 1st time I use win 10, I made my local windows account's name as PapaEmy but the one at my email I registered was my first and last real name, once I got it verified, win 10 overrides my local account's name because it made me login to windows with my online account, I can use my local account back though.. to use and play win 10 apps but I have to go back and forth every time it needs update or adding some new win 10 apps, if you have the same name for your local account and online account this will prevent win 10 creates 2 accounts' name and folders for the same user.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
From what you told in the 1st paragraph it doesn't sounds like windows 10 issues because you managed to installed and play TS3 with LN EP, what patch version is your game now? I hope it's not 1.69..

And for the rest of what you told, you might want to try to disable using OneDrive before installing the game, in your case (if you have 1.69 patch now) it might need a new fresh clean TS3 re-installation after OneDrive have been disabled and just patched it to 1.67.

Note: in win 10, it's better that your local account and your online account (the email you registered with Microsoft which enabled you to use win 10's store contents) have the same name, I got this one messed up the 1st time I use win 10, I made my local windows account's name as PapaEmy but the one at my email I registered was my first and last real name, once I got it verified, win 10 overrides my local account's name because it made me login to windows with my online account, I can use my local account back though.. to use and play win 10 apps but I have to go back and forth every time it needs update or adding some new win 10 apps, if you have the same name for your local account and online account this will prevent win 10 creates 2 accounts' name and folders for the same user.

I need more basic lingo then all that. Can you or a video tell me how to go from my windows 10 desk to to my sims 3 folder? I don't follow any of that, I just need a list of steps like click this, go to that etc. or at least the name of what Im looking for so I can add things, an auto instal program? links to the patches I need? instructions? I don't know if I can or want to uninstall stuff. or maybe list some other cheat codes? I really want to accesses that folder I need to know its name and how to get it. Nothing on the box says the that I have the date and I thought the Starter Pack would save money.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Within Origin, the place to enter the code should be on a pull-down menu, Redeem Product Code. Or is this not what you meant? There is no standalone digital copy, all the installs have to be through Origin now unless you have a base game disc that was produced before Sept. 2012.

Your game folder should be in Documents, not AppData. Can you not get to Documents from your Start Menu? Win10 is sneaky though, and might have tried to build your game folder in OneDrive if you don't have OneDrive deactivated.

oK that worked ! Documents EA games not Origin. Ok Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 10:31 PM

I Have things a bit better. I found Sims 3 Downloads but I don't see any in the game yet.
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaykeyser
I need more basic lingo then all that. Can you or a video tell me how to go from my windows 10 desk to to my sims 3 folder? I don't follow any of that, I just need a list of steps like click this, go to that etc. or at least the name of what Im looking for so I can add things, an auto instal program? links to the patches I need? instructions? I don't know if I can or want to uninstall stuff. or maybe list some other cheat codes? I really want to accesses that folder I need to know its name and how to get it. Nothing on the box says the that I have the date and I thought the Starter Pack would save money.

Ok since you got digital copy, I'm going to assume it's 1.69 patched, I don't have and I never tried patched 1.69, so I'm not going to talk about the troublesome 1.69 patch, but the basic should be the same.

Basically by default your game programs should be installed in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3, and your game folder (where your download sims files should be) located in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3. Note: Do not mess with AppData folder under the same Users' folder, that folder should be hidden, apparently yours is not. Just leave the AppData folder alone or you might mess up your other win 10 apps.

Now my question is, what do you mean by your computer can't support High end stuff? The High-End Stuff SP won't install? Or causing the game won't start? This is what concerns me that you might have different account names on your windows 10 local account and the account you registered to Microsoft. Because if this is the case.. you might have 2 users' names with 2 separated Documents folders for the same user. You have to install the game with its EPs and SPs under the same user's account when you login to windows.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 10:59 PM
Ok since you got digital copy, I'm going to assume it's 1.69 patched, I don't have and I never tried patched 1.69, so I'm not going to talk about the troublesome 1.69 patch, but the basic should be the same.

Basically by default your game programs should be installed in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ElectronicArts\TheSims3, and your game folder (where your download sims files should be) located in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ElectronicArts\TheSims3. Note: Do not mess with AppData folder under the same Users' folder, that folder should be hidden, apparently yours is not. Just leave the AppData folder alone or you might mess up your other win 10 apps.

Now my question is, what do you mean by your computer can't support High end stuff? The High-End Stuff SP won't install? Or causing the game won't start? This is what concerns me that you might have different account names on your windows 10 local account and the account you registered to Microsoft. Because if this is the case.. you might have 2 users' names with 2 separated Documents folders for the same user. You have to install the game with its EPs and SPs under the same user's account when you login to windows.

ok issues where I am So far

I found the Sims 3 folders I have
Documents Electronic Arts The Sims 3 then
Collections
Content Patch
Current Game Sims3
Custom Music
DCBackup
DC Cache
Downloads.... I have all my downloads zipped and unzipped here but its only detecting the house I downloaded all the objects and cloths are not being detected.
Exports
Featuredltens
Library
recoded videos
saved outfits
saves
screenshots
sigscache
thumbnails

but I don't know what patch version I have and don't see a package folder. a lot of my downloads are pakadge files and are not showing up when I bring up the game menue and hit the downloads tab.

Also whats with these sim points things? I just want to play the game I don't want to earn points. I don't want to conect to an online community either.

on the Soms3 site I have no clue how to search by name I can only search by various categories. I can't search by name. I could be ok if I found a comparable file type however. But I do want to learn how to replace default skins and download cheat objects.

Next

The other issue fixed its self. I think.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 11:32 PM
Downloads.... I have all my downloads zipped and unzipped here but its only detecting the house I downloaded all the objects and cloths are not being detected.

Have you check C:\Users\YourName\Downloads folder? Maybe some are in there..

but I don't know what patch version I have and don't see a package folder.

Open your game launcher, you'll find it on the bottom left of the Launcher Menu

Also whats with these sim points things?

Sims Points is the currency you need to buy for premium contents, your actual payments will be converted to Sims Points for you to be able to purchase from the store.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 11:36 PM
Have you check C:\Users\YourName\Downloads folder? Maybe some are in there..

Open your game launcher, you'll find it on the bottom left of the Launcher Menu

Sims Points is the currency you need to buy for premium contents, your actual payments will be converted to Sims Points for you to be able to purchase from the store.

yah its 1.69
there is mo package folder in downloads and I can't register for the official sims site. I enter my email, name, password twice, VC code. agree that I read the stuff, and it sends me back to the regester page.
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 11:42 PM
Next

The other issue fixed its self. I think.

with 1.69?? well good luck then.. I wouldn't touch it if I were you.. it's evil..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:06 AM
with 1.69?? well good luck then.. I wouldn't touch it if I were you.. it's evil..

can you explain and help me fix it?" also where on Amizon does it say the version? why was this version in the starter pack? isn't the starter pack three older games?
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:17 AM
can you explain and help me fix it?" also where on Amizon does it say the version? why was this version in the starter pack? isn't the starter pack three older games?

I don't know about the starter pack, all I have is the original BG disc and all the EPs and SPs I have also bought in disc copy, not digital copy like yours. I'm sorry I can't explain and/or fix the 1.69, you can find the subject about patch 1.69 in the general discussion.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 1:49 AM
I don't know about the starter pack, all I have is the original BG disc and all the EPs and SPs I have also bought in disc copy, not digital copy like yours. I'm sorry I can't explain and/or fix the 1.69, you can find the subject about patch 1.69 in the general discussion.

What do you think of this? https://sims3fixes.wordpress.com/20...ts-for-dummies/ is it a good safe download?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:40 AM
Sims3packs go in Downloads to be read and then installed by the Launcher when you instruct it to do so.

Package files go in Mods/Packages within the proper Framework. You can download the Framework here and just place it into your game folder after unzipping it.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

There should be no package files in Downloads, and no sims3packs in Mods/Packages, the files have to go into the correct places to be read. There should be no zips, rars, or 7zs anywhere within your game folder, those should be saved and extracted elsewhere. When the game encounters extra clutter or things in the wrong places like that, it will choke on startup and many items will just fail to load.

Windows 10 and Patch 1.69 do not change any of these things.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 7:29 AM
Sims3packs go in Downloads to be read and then installed by the Launcher when you instruct it to do so.

Package files go in Mods/Packages within the proper Framework. You can download the Framework here and just place it into your game folder after unzipping it.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

There should be no package files in Downloads, and no sims3packs in Mods/Packages, the files have to go into the correct places to be read. There should be no zips, rars, or 7zs anywhere within your game folder, those should be saved and extracted elsewhere. When the game encounters extra clutter or things in the wrong places like that, it will choke on startup and many items will just fail to load.

Windows 10 and Patch 1.69 do not change any of these things.

I found that I had to create the folders my self. New Issue CC only works some times. It likes to freeze up some times. Other times it works fine. Theres certain files that are in the wrong spot.