Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:05 PM
Default Vampire Babies?
Basically, my legacy founder got pregnant by a man who i found out was a vampire afterwards (for the full story theres a link in my signature.) I know it's possible for babies to be born vampires, but how can i know for sure? She has her fathers vampire skin tone, but her need bars and such are normal. Is this only because she has just been born, or she's just a normal sim with a vampire skin tone? Im confused, . Any help is greatly appreciated!

I will get pictures up as soon as possible.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 9:33 PM Last edited by twilightgarden0 : 8th Dec 2010 at 10:36 PM.
I don't know if there's a confirmed way to tell for sure until the baby grows up, since vampires aren't functional as vampires until young adulthood. All of my vampire babies have had glowing eyes and strange skin hues, but I've never had sims in a vampire/human relationship. My vampire kids have always been full-blooded.

Other than that, you may be able to use the master controller or awesomemod to see if "vampire" is one of their hidden traits.

I'm curious now though. I'll go run a few experiments.

EDIT:

I gave Elvira Slayer "instant baby" triplets by Matthew Hamming, and Marina Prattle instant baby triplets by Beau Merrick. They all had slightly glowing skin and the red border in the relationship panel. After aging them to toddlers all of them developed glowing eyes. As children, all of them could drink plasma juice from the fridge. At young adulthood they all became full-fledged vampires.

So after testing six half-human children and all of them growing up to be all out vamps, I'm not sure it's even possible for a vampire to produce a non-vampire child.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 10:40 PM
the baby is a vampire but the only difference is when it becomes a child, it will drink plasma juice from the fridge rather than regular food. they get full vampire abilities and disabilities at young adult.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 12:50 AM
If she has pale skin then she is indeed a vampire; however, she won't have full vampire attributes until she's a YA.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 1:19 AM
You can tell by looking at the relationship panel. All vampires, regardless if their powers are active yet or not, show up with a red border.

So select a parent and look at the baby under relationships, if its red its a vamp, if not you got a normal sim.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velve
You can tell by looking at the relationship panel. All vampires, regardless if their powers are active yet or not, show up with a red border.

So select a parent and look at the baby under relationships, if its red its a vamp, if not you got a normal sim.

This

Also, while my vamp/mixed relationship sims sometimes have normal skin colors, their eyes have always been wonky. But the above is the best sure fire way to know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 2:30 AM
She is definitely a vampire. and here are some pictures.... Look at those eyes and the fangs in the last one 0.o
Screenshots
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 2:47 AM
Camalus Those eyes are clearly photoshopped [the neon green doesn't quite reach the edges of the colored (iris) part of the eyes] and the fangs you talk of are completely non-existent.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Camalus28 : 8th Dec 2010 at 4:57 AM.
No they aren't? I can send all of you a copy of her if you'd like. Her parents eyes are bright green to begin with, and being a vampire makes them glow. Also, on the right side of the photo, at the edge of her mouth is a fang. It looks like it to me anyways.

Now that I take a look, I see what you mean with the colour not reaching tje edge, but I swear to you it's not photo shopped.

The fangs I spoke of exist.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 6:01 AM
That's just her mouth. Vampire kids only start having fangs at YA stage. Purity4, sometimes the glow doesn't line up properly. I know with the custom eye defaults that I have, the glow oversteps the eyes.
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:02 AM
The eyes aren't photoshopped -- I have a green-eyed vampire guy whose eyes are green and, as a vampire, they're exactly that colour. If you want, I'll post a picture of him later :P

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Camalus28
She has her fathers vampire skin tone, but her need bars and such are normal.

Normal needs bar = human. And as Velve said you can confirm it by checking a parents relationship bar to see if the baby's thumbnail has a red border.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Normal needs bar = human. And as Velve said you can confirm it by checking a parents relationship bar to see if the baby's thumbnail has a red border.

Sorry but wrong
needs bars only turn to vamp colours when they become YA.
baby/toddler/child/teen need bars on a vamp are the normal green colour
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:37 PM
It looks like a fang to me . And yeah, her need bars are normal but she is definitely a vampiress. I used Twallan's MAsterController to look at her traits. There was Vampire and Can Apprehend Burglars. Her mom's a cop. haha
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:58 PM
in the picture you posted from your ipod, that is not a fang that is just the edge of her mouth, if that was a fang then its one heck of a big fang in relation to the size of her mouth. But yup she is a vampire because of her eyes and her skin tone its pale. she wont have any vamps abilities or needs until she is YA. Also have her play with a stuffed animal she will bite it lol.

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 9:17 PM
I will do that, and I really like her eyes! I didn't plan on having a vampire this early on in my legacy, but whatever. How much does it cost to get them unvampirized anyways?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Camalus28
I will do that, and I really like her eyes! I didn't plan on having a vampire this early on in my legacy, but whatever. How much does it cost to get them unvampirized anyways?

I think its 7000, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Let me open my game and confirm. Will edit this post.

Edit: costs 3000 in my game.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:42 AM
ok, can someone rant with me about how crappy the vampires are in TS3 compared to the vamps in TS2?? i mean c'mon:

1) The vamps dont even look like vamps -- you can barely see their fangs (but who am i kidding you cant see any TEETH for ANY sim!) and their skintone is like 0.0000001 % paler-- wow. and they didnt even give us cool vampire clothes like in TS2! oh, and they make the "needs" section purple and black - OMG! (sarcasm)
2) I hate the new alter bed--WTH?? since when do vampires sleep on a hunk of stone, called an alter------i thought it was coffins! oooh, somone should convert the TS2 coffin for TS3
3) The vampires dont really do anything special! oooo, they have some wind effect when the run, they "slightly glow" (as EA says, but i dont see any "glow"), they cant stay out in the sun too long and will smoke, or they die after awhile (which isnt even a good thing!), they can read minds and make people think about them (which isnt anything special cuz it just tells you one of thier traits or if theyre single, etc.. and you can only do it like every hour, and lastly, you can hunt, which doesnt even work for me, so i end up doing just this: going to the store ang getting plasma fruits -woooo (sarcasm intended)

Questions:
CAN VAMPIRES TURN INTO BATS OR FLY AS BATS???????? i have been wondering so long!
How do you make somone a vampire if youre a vampire?

im not gonna lie: VAMPIRES SUCK IN TS3!
well thanks anyway
moogloo88

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nestfilms
Sorry but wrong
needs bars only turn to vamp colours when they become YA.
baby/toddler/child/teen need bars on a vamp are the normal green colour

Sorry for spreading misinformation... I hate it when I do that!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 2:40 AM
Yeah, she grew in to a kid. Silena's need bars are still green, but she immediately rolled a want to drink plasma juice. So she did just that.
Alchemist
#21 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88
ok, can someone rant with me about how crappy the vampires are in TS3 compared to the vamps in TS2?? i mean c'mon:

1) The vamps dont even look like vamps -- you can barely see their fangs (but who am i kidding you cant see any TEETH for ANY sim!) and their skintone is like 0.0000001 % paler-- wow. and they didnt even give us cool vampire clothes like in TS2! oh, and they make the "needs" section purple and black - OMG! (sarcasm)
2) I hate the new alter bed--WTH?? since when do vampires sleep on a hunk of stone, called an alter------i thought it was coffins! oooh, somone should convert the TS2 coffin for TS3
3) The vampires dont really do anything special! oooo, they have some wind effect when the run, they "slightly glow" (as EA says, but i dont see any "glow"), they cant stay out in the sun too long and will smoke, or they die after awhile (which isnt even a good thing!), they can read minds and make people think about them (which isnt anything special cuz it just tells you one of thier traits or if theyre single, etc.. and you can only do it like every hour, and lastly, you can hunt, which doesnt even work for me, so i end up doing just this: going to the store ang getting plasma fruits -woooo (sarcasm intended)
moogloo88

1. You can see the teeth better than in TS2. And the 0,000000whatever% skintone is WAY better than the grey shit from TS2. It's way more realistic. The vampire clothes? You can find them on any Sims site. And what does the needs panel bug you with? What's the problem if the needs are purple?

2. You can find coffins for TS3, I'm sure of it. And the vamps can sleep on normal beds, so you don't have to buy "a hunk of stone".

3. If you look closer, you'll see they glow. They don't die after a while in the sun, they just lose their vampire status. Unlike TS2, where they died after 5 minutes in the sun. You end up going to the store and buying plasma fruits because you don't know how to play.

Period.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88

Questions:
CAN VAMPIRES TURN INTO BATS OR FLY AS BATS???????? i have been wondering so long!
How do you make somone a vampire if youre a vampire?

im not gonna lie: VAMPIRES SUCK IN TS3!
well thanks anyway
moogloo88

agreed the coffins and clothes are what i would like to see from ts2 <just got ts2+nightlife
Inventor
#23 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 1:45 AM
Congrats, you just necored a 4 years old thread.
Scholar
#24 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joey28813
agreed the coffins and clothes are what i would like to see from ts2 <just got ts2+nightlife

Magical Christ, why do people even necro shit this old?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 2:06 AM
I think most of us have stopped asking that question, and have attributed it to a very extended April fools day.
Page 1 of 2