Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 3:45 AM
Default store items -> package
Hi, Is there any way to convert store items to packages? I tried with Sims3Pack Multi Installer but it couldn't be loaded in the game. Maybe the store items are all locked (I guess). If I want to convert store items to packages, is it be the breach of the contract?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hernameis
Hi, Is there any way to convert store items to packages? I tried with Sims3Pack Multi Installer but it couldn't be loaded in the game. Maybe the store items are all locked (I guess). If I want to convert store items to packages, is it be the breach of the contract?

Install them in the Launcher like normal and go to your Sims 3 file in Documents, and you'll find them as package files in DCBackup (they'll all have funky names, but you don't have to rename them unless you want to ). Take them out of there and uninstall the sims3pack files from the Launcher and put the package files in the Mods folder.
If you're looking to merge them, you can't, but they work without issue as packages.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 10:26 PM
You need to decrapify Store .Sims3Packs to enable conversion. For a quick-and-dirty summary, see this 2013 post of mine.

JFade's site has been offline for some time now, but never fear! Use this direct link to get the Compressorizer! Redux program, if you need it.

My game and/or Launcher, for some reason, really hates .Sims3Packs and very often refuses to recognize them. I've tried uninstalling the content in question and reinstalling them, and also redownloading, but for many .Sims3Packs my only choice is to convert them to .package files and dump them into my Mods folder. Then, my game recognizes the Store content no problem, and I can actually use the items I paid good money for. I've never heard of any argument against this process from a legal/piracy standpoint, so long as you first obtain the Store content by your own legal purchase.

One caution: Some content doesn't work in .package form, whether from the Store or elsewhere. Worlds and counters are two famous examples, but I think there are others I can't remember at the moment.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 4:18 AM
Thank you so much! It was hard to find how to solve this problem but owing to you, I finally can get to try. Thank you all guys. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc