Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 1:50 AM
Default Can I move the Electronic Arts folder to D drive?
I have recently bought a laptop with a small 128gb ss c hard drive and a 1 tb d drive. I've installed the game to the larger d drive no problems, but the game still made an Electronic Arts folder in the C drive. As the game folder can get really big (my desktop folder is 22gb with all the stuff I have in it) I'd like to move the Program files/Ea folder to the D drive. Can this work or do I need to leave it alone and just play a smaller game?

The C drive has the operating system and the EA folder only on it so far and already it is telling me I have 55gb free space. Which could be fine, I don't know how much I need to keep free. How much space do I really need to keep free?

I have downloaded TS4 from Origin to the D drive, to see if downloading rather than manual installing would be the correct way to do it. However it didn't make a play folder on the D drive, just added that game to the one on the C drive. So that wasn't the answer.

So can I move the Ea folder or does it have to stay?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 3:45 AM
Just a quick reply to say thank you for this. It hasn't worked yet......because I don't have administrator privileges on the only account on the machine? So I'll go figure that out 'sigh'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 1:59 AM
I think I've got it, but in a different way. Right clicking on Documents>Properties>Location allows you to change the location everything in Documents is saved to. So I've saved it to D:Users\Annette and so far this is working. The EA folder is still there but nothing is being saved to it. I've added some CC to the game downloads folder over in the D drive and when the game started it was there in the launcher waiting to be installed, so I think I'm fine. Time will tell!

Edit :This article was where I got the information from if anyone else is ever interested.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2079...-partition.html