Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 4:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default This item crashing my game
The SiMART Board downloaded from here is causing my game to freeze and crash, just by stopping on it in the buy catalog. I don't even have to click on it. It is in the right place. I have a lot of other custom content and this is the only item causing a problem. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 8:36 PM
Remove it?????
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 12:41 AM
Yes, if you know that it is the SMART board that is causing the issue, the only solution is to remove it. Then post a feedback comment in the thread to alert the creator to the problem and hope that the creator can/wants to figure out how to fix it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 7:32 AM
@tootsiebell98 - tried it in my game and I'm not getting any crashing, maybe it conflicts with some other custom content you have?

Edit: there is some lag, gonna investigate this further.
Edit2: nope, false alarm, things are OK. No lag.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 8:42 PM
Ok. Now there are several options.
1. Run dashboard. See if it's detecting a conflict. if it does detect a conflict, decide which of the objects you want to keep and remove the other one. If it doesn't find a conflict, you're going to have to start hunting or just give up on the SMART Board.

2. Put the SMART Board in and see if it's working by itself. Then, with the SMART Board constantly in your folder, do a binary search with the rest of your CC until you find out what is interacting with it to cause it to crash your game. Decide which you want and remove the other one. (If it decides to work properly now, chalk it up to EA weirdness. or, possibly, loading order.)

3. Actually, loading order might change things. Make a folder named something like AAAA and one named ZZZZ. Put your SMART Board into AAAA to load it before any other CC. Cross your fingers and test. If it doesn't help, put it in ZZZZ to make it load last. Test again, and keep your fingers crossed. If neither helps, it's not something that the loading order can fix and you're going to have to get rid of something. You might even want to do this before you do your binary search.

4 And, of course, you can always just sob a little and give up on using the SMART Board. Or redownload it, in case it got corrupted the first time. (Although if you run Dashboard, it should tell you if it is corrupted.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:40 PM
Dashboard not showing any corruption or damage or anything. no conflicts. So will try the separate folder loading order thing. If that doesn't work. I give up and out it comes.