Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Hack Mastah
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 5:44 AM
Goodbye Everyone
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum & please feel free to move my post moderators & admin.

I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone I am done making mods & please feel free to modify my mods any way you wish.

All of you have been so nice to me & I will miss you.

Squinge
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:57 AM
Well, good luck on whatever you do next. I know you will be good at it.

I recently was playing with a modification of one of your hacks. If I do anything with it, you'll get the original author credit.

<* Wes *>
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 7:48 AM
Best of luck Squinge, you'll be sorely missed! I'm sure whatever your next project is will be just as successful as your sims work has been!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:04 AM
It's such a shame to hear you're quitting. Thank you for being so generous and allowing others to modify your hacks. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.

If you love something, set it free.
If it doesn't come back,
hunt it down and kill it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 8:08 AM
Good luck Squinge, I know whatever you try next will be amazing.
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:40 AM
Be happy.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:44 AM
Squinge! I shall miss your work! I always preferred your small-scale approach rather than the larger all-in mods.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:48 AM
Best to you, Squinge, and thank you for sharing your talent with us!

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 10:00 AM
You will be missed most certainly and as pixelhate said :be happy above all!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 11:13 AM
Awww noo....you didn't make my request! JUST KIDDING
Aww such a shame,we will all miss you... =[

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Stupid people are stupid
#11 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 11:54 AM
Thanks for the great deal of time you spend on making hacks for us!
Good luck!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:16 PM
Thanks for your generosity and considerations.
I do use some of your mods. Thanks again.
Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 2:07 PM
Thank you so much for all you have give the Sims community, Squinge! You will b every much missed.

Hope you have time to just have some fun with the game now!

pureheart
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:55 PM
Actually, is this for real? There is nothing about it at InSim where he has most of his work.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#15 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 6:50 PM
Inge,I was wondering the same.......because it was posted over at MATY and I think it turned out to be a hoax =/

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:40 AM
Thank you for your excellent work over the years.
I wish you the best.
Space Pony
#18 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:17 AM
Squinge!

This is sad news. I hope everything works out for you - maybe you just need a good long break

Morague

ps - Inge - unfortunately, it's for real :/
Instructor
#19 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 10:23 AM
Wow, that sucks for the community, but I can't say I don't understand. Thanks so much for all your hard work- without your hacks my game would be crap.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:38 PM Last edited by MissDoh : 30th Jun 2007 at 1:58 AM.
bye and good luck
Systemic Anomaly
#21 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:54 AM
Thanks for all of your contributions over the past many months, Squinge. I have to say I am a bit envious of your newfound freedom as we modders are seemingly bound by an invisible set of golden handcuffs at times. Perhaps, in due time and a much overdue (and frustration free) rest, you'll reconsider. Either way, I do wish you the very best of luck. The community will miss you and what will undoubtedly go down in Sims 2 history as the largest armada of mods ever written by any one person.

Even Superman has to sleep

J
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 5:01 PM
I'm sorry to see you go, Squinge. I use a lot of your hacks, and they make my game more fun. And I thought it was very sweet of you to take requests, which most modders don't do.

Thanks for all that you have given to the community.

I hope that whatever's keeping you away gets fixed soon.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 9:58 PM
Wow, i always went daily to insim site to see what new masterpice you had made,and lately it has been close and while i though something was wrong it never cross my mind that you were leaving.

This is a sad day for the modding world, to see one of the best go.

I wont say im happy cause that would be a lie but i will wish you the best of luck and hope whatever new project your life is taking brings you the best.

And i really hope that one day you decided to come back, cause talent like yours is not everywhere.

So good luck in your future.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 3:41 AM
We love you, Squinge
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 4:06 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few months I have spent simming in great part due to your wonderful hacks and all the wonderful custom content that many like you create. Your creativity and ingenuity will be sorely missed But good luck to you in the future may you reap the rewards of all of your hardwork 100 times over!
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: It's all been said, and squinge is long gone
Page 1 of 2