Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 3:50 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 9th Apr 2012 at 3:52 AM.
What was your first game console?
Well my first gaming console was SNES and I was addictive to that game very long time ago =D My first game was Diddy Kong Country Quest 2..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:10 AM
my first console (if handhelds count) was a gameboy colour. i saved up my pocket money for weeks and then brought a second hand purple gameboy colour and pokemon blue. i was about 12 at the time (so about 10 years ago), and i remember having to walk 2 hours to the store and 2 hours back because if i wanted to get the bus, i'd have to wait another 2 weeks to afford it xD it was the best thing ever.
heh, just thinking about it takes me back... *goes off to dig out that same copy of pokemon blue*
i don't have the gameboy colour anymore. i traded it to a friend for a gameboy advance sp because he had 2, but wanted to own every nintendo console. (though i do still have the sp)

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:29 AM
I had a nes that was my cousins for a while. It was fun but I was maybe 10ish and by then there was newer consoles that had improved graphics and it made me sad. But now I miss my nes because I sold it at a grad sale a few years later. Then I got my first ps2 and my first game for it was kingdom hearts. And now years later at the age of twenty I have a gamecube, n64, and ps2.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 5:27 AM
An Atari 2600, I'm old school. I believe the first game my brother and I had for it was called Yars' Revenge.
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 5:53 AM
The first game I ever played, or the first one I actually bought?

The first I ever played was an NES, playing the original Super Mario Bros. There was also Duckhunt. The handheld pistol was so cool, though I thought the dog was annoying at times, being a little kid and more easily irked by things.

The first game console I bought (well, I got it as a birthday gift) was an N64, though I probably should have conceivably obtained an SNES. When I first got it, the games I got at first were Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Starfox 64. I later expanded my library to include a few others such as both N64 Zelda games (OOT and MM), both BK games (now that was a series that ended too quickly!), and a few others which I don't feel were as notable.

I remember that at the time, my mother had no idea what she was getting into, when she agreed to buy me an N64, a small TV (so I could play it without using up the main TV we had at the time), a few games, and three extra controllers so I could play multiplayer with a few kids who I saw sometimes at the time. How I got her to spend all that cash, I don't know.

Then again, I remember a time when PC RAM was $50/MB and I wanted my father to upgrade my PC from 8MB to 16MB (basically asking him to spend $400). I don't know how I did it, but I convinced him to do it.

Anyway, thank you for this particular trip down memory lane.

I still have that N64 and it still works as well as the day I got it.

- Ben
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:39 AM
The 1st Console that we had back then , (and one that made this addiction to game go on forever lol) was the Atari for us . And the Stick Broke so easely ! OMG! My mom always though we were doing it on purpose....breaking them lol But they really broke too easely......
She stopped buying us those stick when the Nintendo came out and the Nintendo was Solid Build (Ohhhhhhh MArio and Bowser XD Zeldaaaaa I miss those !)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And one game I remember playing in there was this one :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It was like an old Flashback with Tarzan like game play lol all you had to do was use the corde that is dangling from side to side and just jump and hope you won't fall

From there , well we went to Nintendo , Sega , Sega Megadrive , Super Nintendo...and well all the old console be it handlers or not . The last console were ever got was the Playstation . From there , we jumped on PC .....so I never had the N64 though I know peoples who had it and played some games (but I believe they don't have good games on there and Ocarina doesn't count I'm a Zelda Link to the Past old Lover) .

Well now , I brough a Super Nintendo and I hunted down all the old games lol It even took me almost half a year to get a copy of Zelda A Link to The Past But it was all worth it......

- Shaar: I only have *ONE*god ! and it's ME! -
- My mind is rpg , My heart is Music and My gender is Art -
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 4:53 PM
We had the Atari, then Intellivision, Collecovision, Nintendo, and I think the very first one I bought myself was the Sega Genesis. The very last console I owned was a PS1. I'm strictly into PC games now, there's not enough hours in my day to play them all, haha.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 2:57 AM
Well, when I was a kid, (and for as long as my brother lived with us), any console we got was to "share", so that meant it was automatically my older brother's and he could hoard it in his bedroom. He tried to make a deal with me once saying that it would totally be fair if he took the brand new ps2 and gave me just the guitar from guitar hero. I dunno why he thought it would work because I was 16.

Truthfully, the first one that was "mine", aside from a gameboy color was my xbox360. That's why I'm so cool.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 3:43 AM
My first one was this Wii. I still have it. Can't remember what my first game was...I sorta got a lot of games for Christmas the year I got that thing. I still play it, too.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Banned
#10 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 5:54 AM
I want to be cool and say Atari.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 9:29 AM
Chuck Norris Superkicks was the best Atari game ever, lol. I was laying in bed last night and only just remembered that game. My brother and I loved it!

Looks just like Chuck doesn't it?

Inventor
#12 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 9:56 AM
First for me was Sega Megadrive, then Mum splashed a bought the original Nintendo. I lurved that, especially the olympics game. xD

Sad to say the last console I've played was the Playstation 1, lol.
Alchemist
#13 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 12:35 PM
I've been a big fan of Atari and I still owe Rollercoaster Tycoon for PC -which is pretty 'recent' I know..- and I also owe an Atari shirt

Oh yeah, my first console was the PS1, didn't play much with it, though, because my brother was playing all the time

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#14 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:07 PM
First game console I've ever played with was a good ol' PC.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 2:16 PM
Yeah - I've never had a console either. PC gamer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:51 PM
My first handheld console was a Gameboy Advance. My first proper console was a PS2. I'm only 13.

Just had an awesome house party

ON THE SIMS
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:58 PM
The first console I played was either the NES or the N64. We got the N64 when I was 5 or 6, and we had an old NES that I played Gauntlet on with my younger brothers. I think I actually started playing the N64 first, but I don't really remember.
#18 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:55 PM
PC for me.

My brother introduced me to counterstrike when I was in first grade. Hooked for life. My wrist still aches whenever I think of all the quickscopes I've pulled off :p
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 3:01 AM
Mine was NES moving to Sega Genesis then PlayStation. I only started PC gaming after Diablo II and The Sims.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 8:07 AM
Mine was the Super Nintendo, had one of the mario worlds and a couple of the mortal combat games.
Inventor
#21 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 10:57 AM
Second hand Pong.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:19 PM
My brother had a gameboy and gave it to me when the DS came out.
Theorist
#23 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 2:48 PM
Regular old 8-bit NES in 1986 when I was in elementary school. Those NES games were way harder than any modern game today. I only beat SMB once, took me years to do, and found it impossible to do again. I revisited SMB in my early teens and still couldn't beat it. I was never able to finish any other game, but not from lack of trying. I remember spending tons of time with SMB2, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, and Legend of Zelda.

First electronic games I remember playing were Carmen Sandiego ones on the Apple //e my dad bought in the early 80s.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:18 PM
I don't remember, I think it was a used Comboy (Famicom), and then a Playstation 1. We were living in Korea at the time.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:00 AM
Mine was a Nintendo SNES. I still have it to this day, though I don't know if it works or not.

There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Page 1 of 3