Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:06 AM
OK, wow, they actually look pretty nice.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:05 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 7th Jun 2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Changing img tags to link
I tried your methode, and it really worked! Too bad I forgot taking the after-pictures...

Well, here is my science project x]
http://i41.tinypic.com/334p74l.jpg

Edit by HP: Please do not post inline pictures using the img tag that are greater in size than 800x600

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:11 PM
I just want a slider hack that makes the male face as variable as the female one. Not all guys have chins the size of houses. Some of us are more of a slim variety.. ^^; i kept trying to get a chin that was less wide and more v shaped typical bishounen and for some strange reason it just accomplished giving him a chin-neck. I finally had to settle for a half way that looks decent.. I guess.

Maybe this can help a bit with doing that, I'll have to try.

I am, "The Man". I will get you down... Don't stick it to me... "Drink milk and be non-puntable"
Thank you Mimewhite for making the Seph trench coat.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:29 PM
Howabominable, that Sim is awesome! Will have to try this out for myself, thanks a million Hysterical.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:26 AM
Tried this technique and had some pretty good results, but I think I moved the sliders a bit too much into the "blah" area. Her profile is a lot more interesting though.
Before:

After:
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:47 AM
Thanks to the talents of the resident modders here, it's now possible to make pretty Sims in the Sims3. Something I hadn't seen mentioned here are recommended video card settings. Even with Ms. Paroxysm's wonderful retextures, something on my system was not quite right, the facial textures had noticeable banding, a white spot in forehead, etc. It looked like full-screen anti-aliasing was turned off (I have an Nvidia Geforce 8800 card). I've had pretty good luck with setting up custom game profiles in the Nvidia Control Panel, so I thought I'd give the Sims 3 a shot. Here's the settings I used:

Anisotropic Filtering: 8x
Antialiasing:8x
AA Gamma Correction: on
AA Mode: Override Application Setting
AA Transparency: Supersampling
Conformant texture clamp: hardware
Max pre-rendered frames: 4
Texture filter negative LOD bias: allowed
Texture Quality: High Quality
Treaded Optimization: On
Triple Buffering: On
Vertical Sync: On

This solved the banding problem, the textures and to some degree lighting look much better with these settings.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:10 AM
I made two Sims that I wanted to appear related but unique...

Forum Resident
#33 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:46 AM
Thank you a million times HP for posting this technique. I made this sim tonight using it. I don't have a shot of her distorted look, but I'm sure you know it looked awful

Her head looks a little big in game, can't figure out why. Also, I'm still not set on her hair style and color, but otherwise I think she looks pretty awesome. She reminds me of Scarlet Johansson, so I named her Scarlet Johnson. :D
Forum Resident
#34 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:50 AM
That's a lovely sim, ktbcca. She really does look like Scarlet Johansson.
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:03 PM
Okay.. been trying to follow this up in case anyone else is as stupid as i seem to be, but no such luck (darn).
my sim just keeps on having the monster-face on. in the thumbnail she looks kinda cute, but in the CAS-mirror room-thingy she still looks like someone put her in a blender.
ive made the changes to the face and added some more-or-less random make up and after that changed the hair and clothes and such. without editing the face anymore.
i must have missed some spot somewhere. doh.
<-- feeling incredibly intelligent at the moment.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:37 PM
Haha, this is pretty cool, these are the faces I made with it:

The top is my friend, and the bottom is a self sim :O
Definitely a cool and effective way to make faces

¤´¯`-´¯`¤♥Kaylee♥¤´¯`-´¯`¤
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
Thanks for suggesting this technique. I just got around to trying it, and I'm very happy with the results so far.

Here's the first one:

Forum Resident
#38 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:08 AM
Wow she looks great Gribbagabba! That nose is absolutely insane!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:09 AM
I forgot to take a before picture, but I'm sure you guys know how crazy she looked. haha. Here she is...
(Sorry for the quality)
Instructor
#40 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:26 AM
Interesting idea! I'll have to give it a try. Thanks, HP.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravvid: Phase -0
I just want a slider hack that makes the male face as variable as the female one. Not all guys have chins the size of houses. Some of us are more of a slim variety.. ^^; i kept trying to get a chin that was less wide and more v shaped typical bishounen and for some strange reason it just accomplished giving him a chin-neck. I finally had to settle for a half way that looks decent.. I guess.

Maybe this can help a bit with doing that, I'll have to try.

My male Sims kept coming out pretty crappy too. I was having problems w/noses and chins.
Instructor
#42 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM
It's interesting to see this thread. I honestly have had no issues creating very interesting Sims. In fact, I freaked out my mother when she came over to see my son, looked over my shoulder and says "OMG, is that your BROTHER?!?" Not an hour later, my brother and his friend managed to replicate my work and expand upon it by creating their friend Chris. Seriously, my brother even makes the same face in-game when he's angry that he does out of game!

As for the person who says, "This is a game, not work" - when you spend as much (or more!) time playing a game than you do going to work, it should tell you something about how involved games have become. Most of them take a lot of time and, from what I've seen, if they can be "completed" in under 100+ hours of gameplay and/or have no replay value...they don't sell very well.

To everyone's Sims: Well done! The freakish ones are really freaky but the end product is fabulous.
Test Subject
#43 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:34 AM
This method gave me Crabby McCrabberson. She was athletic, evil, grumpy, hated the outdoors, and a loner. She only lasted a few minutes in her new life when drowning while trying to swim in the underground pool in her home. RIP, Crabby McCrabberson.

Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
I've been spending most my time on TS3 trying to get interesting faces. Thus far, I have been mildly successful in females, but have failed (epic proportions) in males.

I don't know how interesting she is. But when she started she was a bit of a freak show!
At the very least, I don't think she looks like a pudgy faced moron..? :P

Now, for a before & after, since I forgot for the first one :

I think I adjusted a little too much, but:

I can't wait to come up with more sims! Thanks for this method!

Floydian. Simmer. Beatles Fanatic. Zeppelin Lover.
One sound, one single sound. One kiss, one single kiss.
A face outside the window pane. However did it come to this?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:05 PM
wow psychedeliria that sim is fabulous! will she be uploaded anywhere? :P
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:40 PM
I adjusted a lot, woops. She looks a little regular compared to everyone else. But here she is:

before:

after:

with normal skin:

Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:32 AM
This is my favorite one i've made so far

To that -->
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:46 AM
i feel extremely dumb but i don't get what i'm suppose to do
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
wow I love looking at the before and afters. haha however, some of the before shots will most likely haunt my dreams.
Page 2 of 4