Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 2:11 AM
Default Are custom sliders in The Sims 2 possible?
This is probably a question best answered by those of you who are familiar with sliders in The Sims 3. I really would like to know, are custom sliders in The Sims 2 possible, and if so, why haven't we made any yet? I'd really like to get into making them for Sims 2.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:03 PM
I don't think so... In TS2 the "bodybuilder-large" are made by custom meshes or, like preg, with morphs. An, i think, the sliders of CAS and BodyShop aren't made according to the joints skeletons that we already know.

BTW, wait someone who knows the game coding.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:19 AM Last edited by Ambular : 20th Aug 2010 at 5:49 AM.
The only meshes that are adjustable by slider are the pet bodies. If there's any possibility of applying slider tech to human-Sim bodies, I would assume the secrets would be found in studying the pets. But there always seems to have been a curious lack of interest in studying and/or modding the pets, outside of a scant handful of custom 'wing' accessories and the like. Shame, really.

ETA: I'm wrong, obviously, the face meshes also use sliders.

I am told by JMP, however, that many aspects of TS2 are more difficult (if not impossible) to modify than their TS3 counterparts because changing them would require access to the game's source code, which has never been released or leaked. That's probably the biggest stumbling block for this sort of thing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:03 AM
this mod allows MORE C.A.S sliders usually found in Sims 2 BODY SHOP which is all well n good I'm after the other part of body shop as-well though such as blending/morphing aka mixing face templates w another template and to assist smoothing out the editing I'll do :P

well I found THIS it's a start but I want ALL of body shops edits in game as the Sims are BUTT UGLY haa I wanna morph their faces and smooth out my editing as-well SO HARD to make SMOOTH edits ...

* http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...68166#msg268166
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:05 AM
I think it's possible to make body sliders although it'd need to be some kind of add on there's NO way of creating such a mod for DEFAULT meshes as they go by a STATIC mesh TS3's ones are a slider 3D mesh visually so yeah but I bet there IS away isn't there a way to mod games doing ANYTHING haa I'd think so lol