Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 12:31 PM
Oh, now I understand! OK, so I'll give my consort a profession, though it kind of annoys me that she'll be "spy Elizabeth" or "knight Elizabeth" instead of her actual Princess title... is there any way to change that?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Oh, now I understand! OK, so I'll give my consort a profession, though it kind of annoys me that she'll be "spy Elizabeth" or "knight Elizabeth" instead of her actual Princess title... is there any way to change that?

I'm not aware of any way to change the title of the sims. The NPCs that I gave professions to were Guard Bree, who became a knight with the title Dame Bree ("Dame" being the female equivalent of "Sir"), and Dame Constance, who became a merchant with the title Shopkeeper Constance. When you give an NPC a profession, the game gives them the title of the level one hero, so your consort may become Dame Elizabeth (knight) or Under Spy (or whatever that title is, I forget) Elizabeth (spy). You may want to avoid giving her the merchant or physician professions (Shopkeeper Elizabeth or, better still, Bloodletter Elizabeth, unless, of course, her fatal flaw is Blood Thirsty! )

The entire subject of begetting children in TSM is still a bit confusing as far as what combinations of Heros/NPCs can or cannot conceive children and in what situations conception can occur. And also whether or not the game establishes a population limit. I've noticed that, although the living quarters are tight, my sim kids share the available bed(s) and are usually up and gone by 7:30-8:00am (though I'm not sure just what the heck they're doing all day since there doesn't appear to be any school to attend! Must be out picking purses or just being general nuisances! ) I'll keep sharing any info from my observations.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 9:58 PM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 19th Apr 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Dame sounds mediumly OK for a Royal Consort, but then I remembered normal NPCs can get pregnant, my blacksmith married seamstress Albreda and they had a child, so I don't know... I've killed five innocent random Townies (pretending there was a plague), grew up a number of kids, just to see if limit of sims or kids in the kingdom was an issue. I had the Queen Consort (née Elianne of Effemont) succumb to the same "plague" in case the issue was that quest NPCs couldn't have children and had my Emperor re-marry a commoner (against my principles), they woohoo ten times a day and nothing... all I can think of is redo to Heir quest to have another child. I really wish there was just the option to click on a Sim to "make pregnant with"...

Edit: doesn't work even in the Heir quest, so... whatever, I guess it's something wrong with my game.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 2:34 PM
My monarch married handmaid Margery and everytime they woohoo, she gets pregnant! They already had 4 kids but unfortunately, you are only allowed to keep 3 kids in a household so I had to evict one of the kids and sent her to "travel the world"
Page 2 of 2