Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Sims 3 Late Night Extreme Lag... No cure?
Well, I bought the Late Night download from Origin about two days ago and basically, Late Night is beyond laggy! It's so laggy to the point where it takes my Sim about an hour in Sims time to get out of the bathroom, because she stands there is a stasis-like mode for about 30 minutes (Sim time) and the time skips forward in increments of 10 seconds! And it's so laggy that if I try to speed up time by the third measure, it moves as if time is still normal. It freezes up about ever 10 seconds and it's so nerve-wrecking. Mind you, my game was *fine* and running smoothly before I installed Late Night. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it was in vain; I also tried both Overwatch & Master Controller but they only worked for about 10 minutes. Is there any solution to this or am I just S.O.L? I feel like I just wasted $30, which really sucks because I've really been looking forward to this expansion pack... This has also deterred me from purchasing anymore, I don't want to waste any more money! Lol.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 4:25 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Freezes and Lags
    If you encounter any freezes or lags in gameplay, try the suggestions in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki.
    If issue persists, please provide the answers to the questionnaire when you post in the Help forum.

Lags are caused by bunches of things in TS3. If you've just installed LN, then the most likely culprits are abandoned cars (fixed by Overwatch), Bridgeport (fixed by installing the Bridgeport fix by ellacharmed or by using a different world), or underpowered computer (not really fixed by anything).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whiterudder
  • Sims 3 - Freezes and Lags
    If you encounter any freezes or lags in gameplay, try the suggestions in Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki.
    If issue persists, please provide the answers to the questionnaire when you post in the Help forum.

Lags are caused by bunches of things in TS3. If you've just installed LN, then the most likely culprits are abandoned cars (fixed by Overwatch), Bridgeport (fixed by installing the Bridgeport fix by ellacharmed or by using a different world), or underpowered computer (not really fixed by anything).

Thanks for responding! But, I'm pretty convinced that it's not my pc - it's pretty new... I think lol, I could send you the specs but I'm not sure how to acquire them...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:47 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Well, new doesn't mean powerful - most people buy computers for email and youtube and so on, so companies are always going to sell new computers which are designed for doing that and not for something like Sims 3. Instructions on finding your specs are in the link above. :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Well, new doesn't mean powerful - most people buy computers for email and youtube and so on, so companies are always going to sell new computers which are designed for doing that and not for something like Sims 3. Instructions on finding your specs are in the link above.

I think I have successfully gotten the specs! So I'll post them down below ^_^ Also, I know that because it's new it may not be powerful but it handled the base Sims 3 game smoothly, and some other games smoothly as well so I figured it was pretty sturdy!

------------------
System Information
------------------

Time of this report: 6/23/2013, 14:45:00
Machine name: DARIUSANDJORDYN
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)

(9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p2-1334
BIOS: 8.05
Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2

CPUs), ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3662MB RAM
Page File: 1897MB used, 2661MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics (0x9809)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9809&SUBSYS_2AE3103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 1951 MB
Dedicated Memory: 376 MB
Shared Memory: 1575 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP w1858 Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: HP w1858
Monitor Id: HWP2835
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name:

aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd6

4.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atium

d6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1140 (English)
Driver Version: 8.982.10.0
DDI Version: 11
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/12/2012 05:22:06, 1112064 bytes

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO

\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_103C2AE3&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6662 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 7/16/2012 05:47:46, 4065296 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------

* Drive:C:
* Free Space: 325.5 GB
* Total Space: 457.9 GB
* File System: NTFS
* Model:ST500DM002-1BD142

Drive: D:
Free Space: 2.2 GB
Total Space: 17.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST500DM002-1BD142

Drive: E:
Model: hp CDDVDW SH-216ALN
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.02.9200.16384

(English), 7/25/2012 22:26:36, 174080 bytes
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 10:34 PM
It is likely to be your graphics settings causing lag. While, yes, you had no lag prior to installing Late Nights, I know for a fact that adding in additional expansions or stuff packs can create lag out of nowhere, especially if you have a lot of CC installed (I went from lag-free without University installed to the issues you listed as soon as I installed it). Also, your graphics card is a little on the weaker side, but you seem to be playing on a laptop (I could be wrong, but the processor listed here is a laptop CPU), so this isn't really fixable.

Based on my own issues with lag, similar to yours, I would suggest tweaking your graphic settings and combining your CC into larger packages.

Simply changing a few settings, and combining my CC (I, erm. Have a CC addiction and had roughly 600 store/custom items installed...) cured my lag issues.

Here is a "tweak guide" (not really tweaks, just recommended graphic settings): http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/G...ormance/10.html

Something that occurred to me, too, if you ARE running on a laptop, when does the lag occur? Immediately, or after a period of time? It could be an overheating issue - laptops do tend to get pretty warm when games are running. A free program that shows temperatures can be found here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy - temperatures over 70 degrees Celsius can be problematic. A cheap fix for overheating is to get a cooling fan that sits under your laptop - these are usually pretty inexpensive, between 10$USD and 20$USD.
Speccy is also pretty nice for finding other information about your computer.

Here is an excellent guide to combining CC: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html

On combining CC: I recommend not combining things like NRaas' mods, hacks, or overrides as these usually need to be updated with new patches. CAS items, build/buy objects or the like, though, work wonderfully combined.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laoi
It is likely to be your graphics settings causing lag. While, yes, you had no lag prior to installing Late Nights, I know for a fact that adding in additional expansions or stuff packs can create lag out of nowhere, especially if you have a lot of CC installed (I went from lag-free without University installed to the issues you listed as soon as I installed it). Also, your graphics card is a little on the weaker side, but you seem to be playing on a laptop (I could be wrong, but the processor listed here is a laptop CPU), so this isn't really fixable.

Based on my own issues with lag, similar to yours, I would suggest tweaking your graphic settings and combining your CC into larger packages.

Simply changing a few settings, and combining my CC (I, erm. Have a CC addiction and had roughly 600 store/custom items installed...) cured my lag issues.

Here is a "tweak guide" (not really tweaks, just recommended graphic settings): http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/G...ormance/10.html

Something that occurred to me, too, if you ARE running on a laptop, when does the lag occur? Immediately, or after a period of time? It could be an overheating issue - laptops do tend to get pretty warm when games are running. A free program that shows temperatures can be found here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy - temperatures over 70 degrees Celsius can be problematic. A cheap fix for overheating is to get a cooling fan that sits under your laptop - these are usually pretty inexpensive, between 10$USD and 20$USD.
Speccy is also pretty nice for finding other information about your computer.

Here is an excellent guide to combining CC: http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html

On combining CC: I recommend not combining things like NRaas' mods, hacks, or overrides as these usually need to be updated with new patches. CAS items, build/buy objects or the like, though, work wonderfully combined.

That's odd because I can tell you that it's not a laptop lolz. How strange... But anyway! At one point, I set all my graphic settings down to the lowest notch, but it didn't help much, also I tried to package them with the S3pe, but no change... Could it be the mods that I have? I have NRaas mods, but maybe they're out of date with my game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 8:05 PM
On a hunch I went to play one of my other sims in Sunset Valley.. She played normally. So now I'm convinced that Bridgeport is the problem
Site Helper
#9 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:53 PM
Take a look at this thread: https://www.modthesims.info/sh...ad.php?t=506151

It might not be the same issue, but it's worth checking if it's a problem just in Bridgeport.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Take a look at this thread: https://www.modthesims.info/sh...ad.php?t=506151

It might not be the same issue, but it's worth checking if it's a problem just in Bridgeport.

Thank you! But I've found a solution! :D
In the Arena
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:55 PM
"New" also does not equate to "meet requirements". Plus, a release date of "Sept 2012" can hardly be classified as new these days.

Based on the specs, any Processor that has a score lower than 3000 (the CPU in this desktop has a 717 score) have shown up in Sims forums with one issue after another (not just on MTS but everywhere). You may be damaging it for long-term use if you continue playing on this system, because the processor totally does not meet requirements of the base game, when unpatched. Let alone with current patch and later EPs. Additionally, it has an onboard graphics (HD 7310). Which is not recognized in EA's .sgr files, by the way. Q&A: Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game. So that's 3 strikes it got working against it.

If you've got this solved, then I'll archive this thread.