Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 14th May 2014 at 4:33 PM
If you have uni, make a Hookah Bar!
I have one in almost every neighborhood and with the ticket thingy
It is very profitable, sims love it and the owner is just chilling and has no heavy work . Also a bathroom of course!
And I would recommend the Bubbles Are Social Mod I forgot who makes it but it is on modthesims. This helps customer loyalty and easily makes friendships too. It makes the bubble blower twice as useful :lovestruc Kinda stupid ea never made this social to begin with! Nonetheless it is a very profitable business I suggest a minimum of 3 hookah(bubble blowers )

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 14th May 2014 at 5:53 PM
Bubbles are social is by Neder, if anyone is wondering.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 18th May 2014 at 2:30 PM Last edited by LA MEMES : 18th May 2014 at 3:56 PM.
lmao look here .....post 25

and here too http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=523332
Forum Resident
#54 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:57 PM
Reality has no meaning after looking into these eyes. You all will sell llamas. It is your destiny!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th May 2014 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There is a lot of XPTL mods here: http://sims2graveyard.com/index.html

Yes, but not his toddler mattress, I've never been able to find those. I have the frames and no mattresses, but I still hang onto them. I downloaded the frames the day before he took all of his downloads down and didn't realize until the day after that was only part of the download.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If your sims are lucky enough to have a hot tub, you could open up a spa with a bandatron. Sims love a hot tub! Whatever entertainment items your sims have in their house (games console, chess table etc.,) can be used to tempt customers in and be paid for with the bandatron.

The spa concept can be further built on with Bon Voyage items. Thanks for the suggestion, i will try it out
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
When my Sim couple was super-broke and I didn't want to use a money cheat (yes, sometimes, I don't use cheats), they invested in an easel, paint-paint-painted to skill up, and opened a home business art gallery in their tiny (1x2 lot) house. Good for just two poor Sims (one does the register, one schmoozes with the customers) in a small venue. Not the hugest easy-money-maker, but they commanded quite a price for the masterpieces. (Too bad most artists can't do this in real life.) Then once they got the money, they moved up to a bigger place and got into a more lucrative business.

(I know you wrote that you wanted a single-Sim business, but one Sim could schmooze and sell in-between looking in on the children once in a while. That's what I did. It might work a little better with child than toddler Sims, though, unless you have the "stay out of the toilet" cheat, or use some other method to keep Junior out of the bathroom. I did it with toddler Sims; however, my poor parent was exhausted by the end of the day.)

And ... I didn't realize there was a huge time gap between posts. Sorry!

I agree, you need a minimum of 2 sims to run a successful business which requires a cash register as one can ring in the customers while the other is busy at sales. Having the same sim do both can drain his motives quickly. For a single sim the Brandaton ticket machine is the best option or cheap priced items which don't need sale tactics
Field Researcher
#58 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:22 AM
I love OFB, it's probably my favourite EP. Lots of my sims run their own businesses. The most successful one I've ever done though (I don't usually ever think of that bandatron thing, I just have them make stuff and sell it) was a Robot Factory. The beauty of that one is you can get your own servos to work the till, make new bots, etc, and they just go and go and go. It's dreamy! When I started it was just one single woman working on her own at it, but eventually she married Kennedy Cox (what was I thinking??) so they worked together once they were married. I was shocked at how efficient a system that was, to have tireless robots slave away from dawn to dusk with smiles on their faces, but I guess it makes sense. She started with basically nothing and worked her way up to a quarter-million simoleon business before my computer crashed and I lost that whole lovely little town. (*sob . . . sniffle) I wish I could tell you how quick it all went, but I had several other households in that town I was playing at the same time, and it's impossible to keep track. I know that once she got to Gold Level in robot building and put a couple of servos to work, things sped up significantly!

I also, very recently, downloaded the capability for my sims to run a brothel! I can't remember where I got it, but by golly it works! Now, if I have a home- or community-based business (with a double bed in it) I can get the tarty sim to 'relax' and then click on any patron of the establishment and 'ask to join'. I think there has to be at least one lightning bolt of attraction before it will work, but eventually up comes the option for a 'brothel woohoo'. How much is paid out varies quite a bit, and I'm not sure yet what this wild variation is based upon since I've only had it going for a short while. And I've been roaring with laughter for most of that time! I mean really! This game! (I've also downloaded very realistic-looking horse-poop, and a bottle cap which is so teeny-tiny you can barely see it, no matter how closely you try to zoom-in. I look at all these things and say to myself, almost with tears in my eyes: THIS is why I love this game!)

Okay, I had to Google it, but I found it: Cyjon Sims is where I got the brothel. It's not as if I've always dreamed of running a brothel or anything, but geez, I couldn't resist! The whole scenario reminded me of that old TV show Gunsmoke, so I built my sim a community lot (motherlode) that looks rather like some old west Saloon with rooms upstairs. Downstairs I have a full kitchen, a bar (of course! What would the Longbranch Saloon be without a bar?), pool table, poker table, two hookah pipes, an elegant little lounge with a TV, and bathrooms. I have installed a banditron near the front door, and people pay to get in whether anyone is selling up to them or not, so the money they make on the 'brothel woohoos' is pure gravy.

I know this whole last bit about the brothel is a little off-topic, since what you need to know is a quick way for a single sim running a home business to make money. The first bit, about the Robot Factory, is my best advice. As far as the brothel goes: I've cheated so much to get them into a community lot, just to see how it would really work, it's hard to tell if the brothel bit is really raking in decent money or not. There is a fair bit of schmoozing that needs to go on between the two parties before the brothel woohoo can occur, so it's not like it's simply 'bang, bang, bang', it's a lengthy process. I've got two 'workers' there now, and they might only do one or two a day each. I'm hoping that will improve as I progress.

I hope this helps.
Scholar
#59 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 4:01 PM
Hope it's o.k. to add to this thread instead of creating a new one !

Trying to run a business from a community lot my sim bought.....

So she has a few hot tubs and some gaming tables,jukebox, drink and snack machines, and some bathrooms.

Installed the ticket machine just in front of the main business door.

Used the Simblender to give her gold level in all business badges-- so she can "Dazzle" the customers.
Also used the Simblender to call in Townies and Downtownies to populate her business -- since not many sims walk by.

Her business is located in the second, custom Downtown (the first Downtown is one that came with the game, the default one).
She's gotten to level 6 in her business-- which is the highest I've reached so far. (I don't play businesses very often.)
So the next business perk she gets I think I'll choose "Call Everyone even if they don't have a phone" ; since it might be easier than using the Simblender to haul in Townies.

Problem : When she tries to set the ticket machine to a higher amount (like 100-200) ; everyone thinks it's too expensive and either doesn't pay, or just leaves ! Even though she can "Dazzle".
So she has to set the ticket bandatron to "cheap", which is about 16 Simoleans.
And even though she's at level 6 in her business; the "intake" cash flow is still red, even though the daily amount is green---meaning she's making SOME money.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 10:15 PM
By level 6 she should be able to set the price at average to expensive. There is a difference when dealing with strangers and friends. friends will pay more. Also since this is a question and nothing to do with this thread you would have been better to post your own thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#61 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:10 PM Last edited by Tleilaxu3 : 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added
Default thx
Sorry... Thought this was a business-related question. I will start a new thread next time.
~.~

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:13 PM
That's an argument between classic and Bootstrap. I mostly use Classic view since it's kinder on my eyes, right now I am posting on Bootstrap so the post will show.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 12:33 AM
Hi,

I've had a few businesses. I've bought the Crypt o Night club renovated it for a bigger restaurant and some add ins. Put a ticket machine outside, pretty much raked it in. I had it set for a 50 dollar cover.

I had a restaurant, pretty fancy place. All employees wore formal wear, 100 bucks on the ticket machine and the food was very expensive. Made a great profit.

I did a real estate office, this one is a pain. There is only so much inventory (and restocking isn't easy), it requires a lot of work. You have to buy properties and then resell them, but it's a great way to make money. Sell it at very expensive, make almost double. (This one I created so I could sell my 5 businesses for away more than they're worth to live off of)

I currently only have one business now, it's an auto dealership. I downloaded a bunch of expensive cars off of here and then put as very expensive. Today I had almost 1 million in revenue and profited about 500k.

Please note, I use cheats. I use the buy faster, more employees, simlogical customer limit(generates a lot of customer) (I have the automatic cash registers, but they never work. So having 4 cashiers eats into profits)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#64 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:53 AM
@CotyCarothers Do you want to post it to my career and business thread? It's not stickied so it tends to disappear, but the link is in my siggy for easy finding. Unfortunately the whole photo Bucket disaster has nuked many pictures, so if you have any I recommend uploading directly to the site.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#65 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deryn
Something i don't know if people do, but helps is to have a phone in the business, and then have your Sim use it to call his or her friends and invite them (invite household is great for this) to the business instead of waiting for customers to generate. Then you get a ton of customers beyond the number that the game generates, and you can increase your sales, and relationship scores at the same time as those invite someone over wants.

Simlogical's Autoteleporter is great for making sure you get enough customers.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Page 3 of 3