Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bought clothes don't show at home
Another issue I found in my game. I went to a mall and bought all possible clothes (custom and original from the game) but when I get home I can't plan or switch clothes for my adult female sim. Again, I bought clothes for children, teenager, male adult (not all) and female adult (all, and I have a huge amount). I can change all of them except for the casual clothes from my female sim.
Is there at least a cheat to acces the clothes? This is frustrating, I have no idea why it's not showing, and only this specific one.

ps* I have only 1 adult female at home.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:13 PM
Are you using a custom clothing rack or custom wardrobe?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by biker
I have no idea why it's not showing, and only this specific one.

Is this specific one a CC? Maybe there is something wrong with this one outfit, simply.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Is this specific one a CC? Maybe there is something wrong with this one outfit, simply.

Nono not outfit, all casual female adult clothes are not showing. Either cc or original
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Are you using a custom clothing rack or custom wardrobe?

Hmmm yes I am, but like I said children, teenager and adult male clothes are still showing... I don't know why
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:17 PM
Well, try it with an EAxis wardrobe and see if the problem persists.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:29 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2016 at 10:54 AM.
Do you happen to have one of the "preg wear all" hacks? I think this, combined with one or two hacks such as Inteen might be the issue.

I've got the same problem with maxis dressers, but I mostly use a wardrobe mod that isn't affected, and since I'd rather have pregnant sims wear any clothes than take out the mods, I haven't bothered fixing it.

The SimBlender, Insimenator, Clothing tool (MATY), and similar mods will let you plan and change outfits for female sims without any troubles. You should even be able to plan outfits for pregnant sims (without the 'wear all' mod), but I like having the mod, so the sim doesn't change into pregwear every time they go to bed or take a shower, and can use more than 3-4 categories, and doesn't wander around outside during mid-winter in just everyday clothing...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:39 PM
Oh that makes sense - I have Inteen and never use pregnancy clothing hacks (for that sort of very reason).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2016 at 10:47 AM
You can use them together, as long as the preg hack loads last, but it does cause that bug.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, try it with an EAxis wardrobe and see if the problem persists.

Ok I tried that, still not working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you happen to have one of the "preg wear all" hacks? I think this, combined with one or two hacks such as Inteen might be the issue.

I've got the same problem with maxis dressers, but I mostly use a wardrobe mod that isn't affected, and since I'd rather have pregnant sims wear any clothes than take out the mods, I haven't bothered fixing it.

The SimBlender, Insimenator, Clothing tool (MATY), and similar mods will let you plan and change outfits for female sims without any troubles. You should even be able to plan outfits for pregnant sims (without the 'wear all' mod), but I like having the mod, so the sim doesn't change into pregwear every time they go to bed or take a shower, and can use more than 3-4 categories, and doesn't wander around outside during mid-winter in just everyday clothing...

I thought your suggest made sense until I tried the same in another house with 2 adult female sims, and it worked. Is it possible that one single piece might cause such problem? I don't use any hacks but I do remember downloading some clothes that had preg morph (not sure if this might be the problem tho).
I didn't have the chance to try the mods, but I will as soon as i can.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2016 at 7:42 PM
Excuse my ignorance but how do I use this clothing tool hack? I install where will it be? I'm not used to this
Mad Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th May 2016 at 8:16 PM.
If female sims are pregnant (as in first bump appeared), you usually won't be able to change their everyday outfits ingame, so you might want to check that first.

Clothing tool, Insimenator, SimBlender and The Sim Manipulator are the most common mods (you can do a lot of other things with them - please read about them before you decide), but there are plenty of others.

It is possible that the problem can happen for some sims but not for others. I know it happens in one of my sim houses, but I mostly use the different hacks to change clothes on sims, and I haven't done any extensive testing. Could be random, or it could be the problem happens only with certain dressers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th May 2016 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If female sims are pregnant (as in first bump appeared), you usually won't be able to change their everyday outfits ingame, so you might want to check that first.

Clothing tool, Insimenator, SimBlender and The Sim Manipulator are the most common mods (you can do a lot of other things with them - please read about them before you decide), but there are plenty of others.

It is possible that the problem can happen for some sims but not for others. I know it happens in one of my sim houses, but I mostly use the different hacks to change clothes on sims, and I haven't done any extensive testing. Could be random, or it could be the problem happens only with certain dressers.

My sim wasn't pregnant. I tried putting another female sim in that house and she also couldn't plan her casual clothes, so I assume it's a problem in that lot. Probably a piece of outfit bought is ruining my game, but either way I'm now using the Boolprop testingcheatsenabled code to change their clothes and it's working.

I still haven't solved this bug but thanks for all answers
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:14 PM
You may want to check your downloads to see if you've picked up an unwanted item. Could probably also be a good idea to check if the problem persists without any CC in your game.