Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:42 PM
No Social Interactions?
This problem started when I updated the game to version 1.7.9.
I entered the game and everything went all good and well until I told my sim (who has no family) to interact with someone. I clicked the sim, and nothing happened. The menu didn't come up. I tried again and again and with other sims at different times and circumstances and it still didn't work.
After that, I used the testingCheatsEnabled to get the sim's boss and her very good friends to see if the problem is in the relationships. When I clicked him, only "Mean..." showed up.
To fix this, I went over my mods and removed "AskIfSingleIsFriednly" because I heard that would help.
It didn't.
I left the game for a while (a week or two) and then I came back to it and it updated again to version 1.8.25.
It didn't fix it either. I went over to another family and they couldn't even interact with each other.

As far as I know, this hasn't happened to anyone else. What do I do??
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 12:49 PM
There are other mods that cause this problem. You should check ALL your mods and update them if necessary.
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 1:46 PM
I remember that error as well..
I had a mod that made your sim get more 'fun points or life points or reward points' (sorry i don't know how it is called in english)
Removed.. fixed..
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:54 PM
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381187

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:08 AM
Removing mods to test your game is the FIRST thing you do to find problems. I suggest that folks read the wiki help pages under the help drop down. No voodoo, just common sense. We've been doing this for years and years and have tried and true methods for finding out what is ruining your game.

Your job is to follow the FAQ's. 99% of the time, by doing the FAQ's you will avoid having to post, as your problem will be solved. And also stickies. By reading them, half these posts in help would not be here. The above post by Airway and the post they made about their problem certainly wouldn't have happened if they had taken a few minutes to read stickies and the FAQ files.

I don't know what we may need to do? Maybe force people to read and sign off that they have read the information we have painstakingly provided? I don't know. But this is getting out of hand.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.