Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#901 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
A little industrial island by Rflong7:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...land-o-o#latest

Could be a base for that gritty northern city people are looking for.

It looks like an interesting industrial setting, but when I look at that island, all I can think of is building Alcatraz on it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#902 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
It looks like an interesting industrial setting, but when I look at that island, all I can think of is building Alcatraz on it.

That's not a reason for a 'but'!

That's a reason for an 'and as I'm planning out my prison challenge'!
Mad Poster
#903 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:00 PM
For anyone looking for an updated Pleasantview:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/729477.page

In case anyone has forgotten doublemedion694 has also done excellent English and Scottish worlds as well.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=6024201

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=7451577

Pet peeve though- there isn't any terrain paint under the water!

I might look into fixing that myself in the future.
Scholar
#904 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 9:57 PM
I have a question about these worlds. Most of them have features from expansion packs I don't have (for instance, dive lots). Does this make the worlds unplayable by me, or will those features just be missing? Are there some features which can be ignored and others which must be had? (in case it's relevant, the packs I do not have are Island Paradise, Into the Future, Showtime, and Supernatural)
Theorist
#905 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:55 PM
Domworld3. Reminds me of a perfect Sims 2 type suburbia, but Ts3 style. On the exchange.
E]

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#906 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I have a question about these worlds. Most of them have features from expansion packs I don't have (for instance, dive lots). Does this make the worlds unplayable by me, or will those features just be missing? Are there some features which can be ignored and others which must be had? (in case it's relevant, the packs I do not have are Island Paradise, Into the Future, Showtime, and Supernatural)

I'm pretty sure that you need all of the EPs that were used. You could always try it and see what happens, but I'm thinking most people say that the world just won't load if you don't have all of the EPs. I think you're best bet would be to go check out the world's description. Some of them have a thread or blog post about them (depending on where the world is available) that would cover this kind of question.

That's the best answer I can give you since I have all the EPs so don't have personal experience with this. Maybe someone else will have some input for you?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#907 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 5:16 AM
Ok, I am being very very picky when it comes to worlds. I really like Alpine Country, but I don't like that it has no real Island Paradise support. My current go to has been Grey Meadows, but I want something a bit less urban. I so far have been enjoying Mayfield Springs, but it's not quite urban enough.

Basically, here's what I'm looking for and I hope someone can point me in the right direction:

It MUST support houseboats and dive lots.
It MUST have SOME kind of urban area (even if the tallest building is five stories, I want highrises)
I would prefer large worlds, but I'm not as picky about this.
I would also prefer a very wide variety of socio-economic areas. I tend to start my sims off in cheap apartments, trailers, or tenements. I have a starter trailer park I like to try to plunk down, but it's 50x40, so it's not always doable.

Edit: Oh yea, and lastly I really really want something with a temperate climate. This is one of the reasons Grey Meadow was my go-to for such a long time: it was one of the only Island Paradise maps I found that had a temperate climate. I like winter, but snow on palm trees makes me (personally) feel awkward.

If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been scouring the internet for a few days now looking for the perfect world, but I'm having problems.
Scholar
#908 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:11 PM
Thank you, Tangle0906.
Mad Poster
#909 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by captainradish
Ok, I am being very very picky when it comes to worlds. I really like Alpine Country, but I don't like that it has no real Island Paradise support. My current go to has been Grey Meadows, but I want something a bit less urban. I so far have been enjoying Mayfield Springs, but it's not quite urban enough.

Basically, here's what I'm looking for and I hope someone can point me in the right direction:

It MUST support houseboats and dive lots.
It MUST have SOME kind of urban area (even if the tallest building is five stories, I want highrises)
I would prefer large worlds, but I'm not as picky about this.
I would also prefer a very wide variety of socio-economic areas. I tend to start my sims off in cheap apartments, trailers, or tenements. I have a starter trailer park I like to try to plunk down, but it's 50x40, so it's not always doable.

Edit: Oh yea, and lastly I really really want something with a temperate climate. This is one of the reasons Grey Meadow was my go-to for such a long time: it was one of the only Island Paradise maps I found that had a temperate climate. I like winter, but snow on palm trees makes me (personally) feel awkward.

If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been scouring the internet for a few days now looking for the perfect world, but I'm having problems.

Point Ouerbacker? It has a built-up town area, support for houseboats and 3 dive lots, is a large world, and has four distinct regions. Only problem is that it's not tremendously urban, but it does do a small town well.
Test Subject
#910 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 5:37 AM
Point Ouerbacker? It has a built-up town area, support for houseboats and 3 dive lots, is a large world, and has four distinct regions. Only problem is that it's not tremendously urban, but it does do a small town well.

That's on my to try list. I've gotten a bit distracted by SSDs and re-installing WIn7. It DOES look promising, certainly.
Theorist
#911 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 2:32 AM

WOW!! I'm loving this one but.. I don't have Pets, Showtime, and Supernatural. I don't think I could run it without those. If someone has this world that doesn't have those EP's and are running it, please let me know. I'd love to have this one.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#912 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM
I'm looking for a nice rural, farming English village. You know, rolling hills and flowing rivers and all that stuff. I'd like the actual town proper to be close together, too. A sort of downtown area, even if it's only small. Just not all spread over the map. Bonus points if it doesn't need Superstar or whatever it was, Island Paradise or Into The Future. And by "bonus points" I mean it's probably a requirement.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#913 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 1:38 PM
@pirate_wolf_12 - I've been playing a Scottish rural village with a small area with shops and houses (where most of the stuff is), lots of rolling hills and a river and two bridges. I think it might meet your requirements. It's called Glen Donnach. It doesn't seem to rely on expansion packs, but calls for something from the Sims Store. I installed it anyway and it's beautiful. Below are a couple of in-game shots of the village.

While I was looking for the above, I saw this one, which is English and looks quite nice. It didn't fit my theme and it looks like it requires a couple of expansions and I can't tell if they are the ones you mentioned or not. I don't really have the symbols memorized. Otherwise, the town fits your description. I'm not sure what would happen if you installed it if you didn't have the expansion packs. If it were me, I'd try it and see if it still had enough content in it to enjoy.
Screenshots

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#914 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 9:40 PM
What percentage of custom worlds are up-to-date in patch, and yet require only basegame? And where would I find them? (I've seen the two at Sims Realty.)
Scholar
#915 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 10:47 PM
Thank you, VanDeTerre. When the entire sims community collapses through wars over which generation is better and the powers that be are nothing more than shadows imprinted on the blasted remains of cement I shall reward you with a sizable kingdom.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#916 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 12:47 AM
:lovestruc Ooo! Will it have some large lots so I place castles? :lovestruc
Scholar
#917 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 8:36 AM
Your castles will be crafted from bone and built upon ash and the size of a skyscraper if the lots in those recommended worlds fit my style. If the lots in those worlds are mainly 20x30 or smaller you will rule nothing more than the most forgotten, cursed and rueful wastelands where neither survivor nor roach dare to tread and also I'll pour salt into your drinks when you're not looking.

Mad Poster
#918 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:09 AM
Rut-Roh, the Scottish village has mostly smaller lots and most of them are already built upon. You could always take over a community lot and put a rabbit hole rug in another building. Also, I originally wanted a Scottish village because I downloaded the most beautiful Scottish manor house here. It uses the largest size lot available and there were none in Glen Donnach. I placed one in, but the only available space was on slopes and hills. It isn't the prettiest, but I live with it anyway.

I do hope one of those villages works for you. I didn't really want a castle quite like you described, but that's ok. Your heart was in the right place.
Lab Assistant
#919 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 10:30 PM
Sunset Valley 2nd Edition by LynxAQ
I just got this world, but I love it to bits! So, Sunset Valley's been my favorite town for a long while, and this world is just an extended Sunset Valley. It's bigger, more routable terrain, more space for lots. And, speaking as someone running Sims 3 and all expansions on a beat-up old mac, it runs pretty well. I have some stuttering in Edit Town mode, but no major lag or crashes. At least, not more than usual! :P

No other question has ever moved so profoundly the spirit of man; no other idea has so fruitfully stimulated his intellect; yet no other concept stands in greater need of clarification than that of the infinite.
-- David Hilbert

Forum Resident
#920 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 3:19 PM
Has anyone tried Modern Heights ? It's an updated version of Roaring Heights. Even though I'm still on the hunt for a less beachy world, I love Roaring Heights but don't play it often so this looks appealing.

Happy to guinea pig it for you all but if someone else has already gone there, even happier to get their feedback before I download and play.

Btw, would be great to make this thread a sticky as it provides essential information and I hate have to search for it whenever it hasn't had a lot of replies in a few weeks!
Field Researcher
#921 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:32 AM
Does anybody have a recommendation for a relatively large world (mainly looking for a large number of residential lots but would also prefer it to include commercial lots from all the expansion packs) with good routing and not a lot of bugs? Alpine County looks like it would be great, but when I started a game in it I realized that there's a bug that prevents me from seeing what houses are available when I'm trying to move a new family in so I have to just click on a house and hope it's available. Also when I finally found a house my sim could move into Error trap caught over 800 errors in the first couple of minutes so I'm worried it will crash any time.
Mad Poster
#922 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:39 PM
For people looking for a New England/Northeastern world (or another one), there's this one to look out for:

Coventry

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-m-back-pg-4/p5

Also, anyone know where Babolat's Acadia world went?
Theorist
#923 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 5:35 AM
Just yesterday I went to my bookmark for Babolat's site and it seems to be gone. All of it. Just...gone.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#924 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:56 PM
For people looking for a New England/Northeastern world (or another one), there's this one to look out for:

Coventry

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I just bookmarked the page as the creator is still working on it. Hopefully she releases it soon! I've been downloading a lot of craftsman style houses lately and have nowhere to put them as they would be so out of place in the worlds I'm currently playing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#925 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 5:43 PM

Coventry

Also, anyone know where Babolat's Acadia world went?
From merely looking at that picture and then at the thread posted I can tell you straight away that this world is going to be a routing nightmare and will probably lag a lot, too.
All lots seem to be small and very close together with a lot of trees in the open areas. Quite taxing on the rendering engine and difficult for on lot routing.
And judging from the pictures the lots will have fences and house borders going very close to or directly on the lot borders. Sims tend to get stuck on the corners of such lots when they try to turn these corners.
This will probably be a world where you should avoid placing pets, large families and playing Sims in the active Ambition careers. I bet you will find it impossible to play a fire fighter in there in any case.
Page 37 of 42