Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#76 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 4:38 PM
Thank you =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 8:05 AM
Default I dont even know
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
I refresh my tumblr dashboard to find this floating around:

Sounds great and all, but I'm a little skeptical.

How are all these limitations that are present on most, if not all file hosting sites (bandwidth usage, file size limitations, upload as much as you want) suddenly gone? How does that even work? Where is this unlimited bandwidth coming from? Did I miss something in the fine print?

I can't be the only one who feels like this. It sounds absolutely amazing, but... how?

I tried using this site but my computer keeps saying that the files are either in an unknown format or damaged
Mad Poster
#78 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 9:06 AM
Are you uploading package files, perhaps? Could be you need to zip the files using an archive program like winzip/winrar or similar.

I've used simfileshare for a while now, and I'm quite happy with it. Easy to use, and easy to link to.
Only issue I have is with the folder system, which sometimes acts up a little.
#79 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 12:30 PM
When I get the files damaged/unknown format issue and it happens with other sites as well I simply open up the download in folder view which will bring up my local temp folder and usually it';ll highlight the last thing i downloaded and I simply copy and paste the package file from there to my downloads folder and it works.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 12:49 PM
@nikita1819 : Are you trying to upload or to download?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 21st Mar 2016 at 1:21 PM
I haven't gotten that message when I upload. I only use zip and rar format, and only very occasionally upload separate package files (not sure I've done that on SFS).

How do you do it when you get the unknown format message? Do you drag-and-drop the file to the white "drop file here" area (it's what I do), or drag-and-drop to somewhere else on the page, or do you click a button and get the folder view?
Test Subject
#82 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 12:27 PM
Please give me invitation code in the Sim File Share
Field Researcher
#83 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 1:01 PM
I wouldn't mind a code either.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 2:12 PM
@DogsikSueno @WildIrishBanshee

You need to be a creator of Sims CC/mods to upload to Sim File Share.

Any of you two have stuff on another site and if so I will give you a code.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 2:33 PM
I mostly share sims, so it's cool if I can't get a code. Just thought I'd ask!
Test Subject
#86 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 2:51 PM
Hello -

I've been away from the community for a couple of years now - but I'd love to come back and revamp my old site Basic.

I have hundreds of downloads and would love to offer them again. I've missed the Sims 2, started playing again and decided that I want to revamp Basic.

Is there anyway I could be sent a code? The file hosting there seems incredible and I've downloaded from there - it works amazingly. Media Fire has purged hundreds of my files, but I still have them.

If anyone could send me a code, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thank you.

btw - I'd be happy to share samples/pics of my creations if you need proof that I'm a creator. I create clothing/Sims and Lots.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 2:58 PM
@playwithnina I sent you a code.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#88 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@playwithnina I sent you a code.

Thank You.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#89 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:07 PM
@WildIrishBanshee
Did you get a code sent to you? (You ARE a creator since you make and share sims. )
Field Researcher
#90 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 7:52 PM
Not yet I haven't, if sims count.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#91 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 8:42 PM
@WildIrishBanshee
I sent you a code by PM.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 1:14 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:09 PM
Please send me an invitation code
Mad Poster
#94 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyMaurader
Please send me an invitation code
Have you got something Sims-related that you want to share with somebody? Or with everybody? If you have, I'll happily give you an invitation code. Even if you just want to share something privately with a few friends.

If, on the other hand, you just want to download stuff, you don't need to join. Sim File Share works in much the same way as MediaFire and Box (except that it's only for Sims stuff). You only have to join if you're sharing something. Otherwise the creator will give you a link to your download.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 7:30 PM
Hello -

I was wondering if someone here might be interested in doing me a favor. I have literally been away from the Sims community for about 5 years and am a bit rusty. Would anyone be willing to look at a view of my creations before I release them on my new site for me? It won't be this week most likely - I'm being really ambitious and trying to get a LOT of new things together as well as updating old things to launch the site. I could either share urls to pics or I don't know if I can attach them directly in messages here.

I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:02 AM
@AndrewGloria
Could you send mme an invite?
I am currently uploading all my creations for my blog on onedrive, but I want a back up.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 13th May 2017 at 8:35 AM
You don't need an invite. Just give them a link to your blog when you apply.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#98 Old 13th May 2017 at 2:43 PM
Thing is though, they can take a while to respond with a direct application. With an invite, you can get access immediately I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#99 Old 13th May 2017 at 3:12 PM
lientebollemeis, I've sent you a PM with an Invite Code

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#100 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:49 PM
I LOVE SimfileShare...! I use it all the time for Mods! I prefer it, over EVERYTHING else, And, trust Me, ESPECIALLY Ad.fly! That site is HORRIBLE!! Yucckkk!!
Page 4 of 8