Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:47 AM
Can I get a code for this from someone? Please...

AKA. Anora Acadian
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#127 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
Mad Poster
#128 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
Can I get a code for this from someone? Please...

PM'ing you one.

Edit: oh damn, refreshed the page and everything.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#129 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:52 AM
that has happened to me before too Rosawyn!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:42 AM
Thanks @Rosawyn and @gdayars

AKA. Anora Acadian
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#131 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm getting virus warnings every time I go to a Sim File Share page (attached).

Ask Tash about it

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#132 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm getting virus warnings every time I go to a Sim File Share page (attached).

You've got quite a lot of tabs up in that picture, so it could be from a different site. The domain name for the warning looks like it's for something else (inclk.com). I had the trial version of malwarebytes for a week or so (a few months ago now, though), and I didn't get any warnings on Simfileshare. I did however get some warnings for a couple of other sites that didn't make sense. Could be false positives.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM
It's only when I open a Sim File Share page, so it isn't another site. I'm wondering if it's a dodgy ad, because the ads load as grey after Malwarebytes has had its way with them.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:45 PM
Charity, I just downloaded that outfit by keoni without problem. My browser is Internet Explorer, and my anti-virus software is F-Secure SAFE. The adverts are grey for me too, and I don't have an ad-blocker. There was something on the Sim File Share tumblr a few days ago that DelphyTashiketh has temporarily disabled ads because of some malware issue. If you're still getting these messages, it's probably worth contacting him as maxon suggests.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 5:03 PM
It it too late to resurrect a dead thread to request a code? I have some old sims 3 files from 2009 from creators whose websites are long and gone.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#136 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 5:27 PM
@simmamadrama4000

I sent one to you.
Test Subject
#137 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:56 AM
Hello, I know that I am not very talkative around here, but finally, I've got all the SIMS 4 expansions and stuff and etc. and I want to share my work with other simmers, so can I ask for a code if someone does have and is willing to share of course? Thank you in advance.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 1:29 AM
Do you mean Sims 2? This is the Sims 2 forum.
Alchemist
#139 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tennousei
Hello, I know that I am not very talkative around here, but finally, I've got all the SIMS 4 expansions and stuff and etc. and I want to share my work with other simmers, so can I ask for a code if someone does have and is willing to share of course? Thank you in advance.

Check your PMs.
Instructor
#140 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 6:45 PM
Is SimFlieShare still having issues? It's giving me a '500 Internal Server Error'. Even with the 'www' removed from the link.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Instructor
#141 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Is SimFlieShare still having issues? It's giving me a '500 Internal Server Error'. Even with the 'www' removed from the link.
Yes, unfortunately the servers are not 100% working yet... I've been downloading something for almost 3 hours (100mb item).
Instructor
#142 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Yes, unfortunately the servers are not 100% working yet... I've been downloading something for almost 3 hours (100mb item).

Ok thanks. I guess I can wait to download Sun&Moon's goats. I really don't waste an hour of my internet on a 30MB file. Hopefully, the servers will be 100% soon.

Mad Poster
#143 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:57 PM
I had the same issue with it yesterday-it reverted to the error message, and then I clicked on the link in the post. Thankfully the creator had embedded the DL into their post.
It was the "Poison" DL from Meduza, at PBK in case anyone is wondering whose it was.

Many creators are now posting on Tumblr, so that's an alternative because tumblr allows direct downloads in posts.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#144 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:42 AM
I managed to upload a new version of @Bulbizarre's Sim Records template, and it's in my sig and this nifty link: https://simfileshare.net/download/972851/

Took a bit of hassle but I was able to get it onto the site. See if it works :D
Mad Poster
#145 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:58 PM
No. SFS is down with a 'Server Error 500' message.

This is seriously pissing me (and a lot of people) off. They claimed when they opened it that they would always be open, never a break in the service and now we can't even access any files. I'd suggest any creators start looking for a new way to share their creations because this is unacceptable.

Sorry if it offends anyone, but when one claims to be better than others, one had better live up to the claim.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#146 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 1:18 PM
Same for me and there is now no www. to remove.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#147 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
No. SFS is down with a 'Server Error 500' message.

This is seriously pissing me (and a lot of people) off. They claimed when they opened it that they would always be open, never a break in the service and now we can't even access any files. I'd suggest any creators start looking for a new way to share their creations because this is unacceptable.

Sorry if it offends anyone, but when one claims to be better than others, one had better live up to the claim.

This is why you don't make promises, like, "We will never break in service" because problems can happen out of the blue, and other times things can happen that you have no control over. I'm assuming that what's going with the site. Something might be going on that's out of the webmaster/site owner/main programmer hands.

And yes, creators, please use another service in the meantime to upload your creations. I heard that ModTheSims site isn't too bad

Mad Poster
#148 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 1:50 PM
Oh...Well I think it is fixed? Because I just visited mine, and it is up.
Oops...ok, now I get it. lol
By the way, can you upload pictures as well, Zips only makes it hard to see what you are downloading, so I wonder.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:05 PM
Their service hasn't been good since the maintenance which I think included a move to a new server. Sometimes with the 500 error you can still get a download going. Previously I've gotten about 40kb, which is fine with me when I run out my cap that is my download speeds. Today however I'm getting a stately 1kb even for me that isn't going to work.

I wish people would have alt download links because sooner or later a sites going to crash or disappear (I wonder long term how viable Simsfileshare is without some sort of charge to its users)
Undead Molten Llama
#150 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 5:13 PM
They've just posted an update on their Tumblr, so....yeah, they're working on it, but there are still issues. Tech is what it is.

A little patience goes a long way, and I highly doubt that SFS is going anywhere anytime soon or that they will charge for the service; it's run by the same people who run MTS, after all. I'd worry more about those other file-sharing sites, frankly. Both Box and Dropbox have had issues in the recent past, and Mediafryer is always problematic and has that propensity for allowing bad/scammy ads. So, yeah, I'm sticking with SFS and with my crappy internet that makes uploading stuff, especially, as slow as molasses ALL. THE. TIME, I don't have the time/patience to upload and link to a bunch of alternatives. Plus, if I ever croak, I know SFS will keep my files available for people to have without me having to be, you know, alive.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 6 of 8