Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:56 AM
WCIF a way to stop creating random sims
This is one thing i have yet to find in vanilla site info about turning off the random sim generation. Be nice to be able to control this and be able to interact the sims you have made and/or loaded into the game rather than the game dumping random gen sims

I know there needs to be slots filled for mail and bar tenders and so forth and i have seen it use sims that i have put into the game use those sims so why cant i turn off the random gen?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 7:08 AM
I've been wondering that myself. The reduced random townie generation mod is at best, a temporary fix to a permanent problem and townies still spawn no matter what happens. I don't think it would take much modding effort to make a checkbox toggle for townies on/townies off. Someone really needs to come up with a townie toggle mod before our computers get bogged down with ugly townies with horrible traits.
So yes I'm bumping this thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:16 PM
Yea i have seen that but there is no permanent option or an on off switch in game.

This is also one of those areas apparently not easy to code but i might be wrong.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I've been wondering that myself. The reduced random townie generation mod is at best, a temporary fix to a permanent problem and townies still spawn no matter what happens. I don't think it would take much modding effort to make a checkbox toggle for townies on/townies off. Someone really needs to come up with a townie toggle mod before our computers get bogged down with ugly townies with horrible traits.
So yes I'm bumping this thread.

The devs really need to fix this issue. Instead of culling sims like crazy they need to make an option where we can determine how many townies we want to keep spawning. If any at all. I have more than enough sims I've personally made that can fill areas where they're needed. There is no need to keep spawning a new townie to play a chef in a restaurant when my NPC sim is already one... I'm not requiring modders to do it as they didn't develope the game nor did they make this problem. Them making a mod that fixes this issue is much appreciated but I don't think it's fair they have to pick up the developers slack.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 5:33 PM
There are some amazing workarounds with this and, I am not an expert on this but this seems to work for me:

AKSLsimmer is working on updating the mod for reduced townies. In the meantime though, Rope from Simsontherope.tumblr.com created townies - and it works so well with the reduced random townie mods http://simsontherope.tumblr.com/ - and he also suggest using NPCC with it. I use MCCC by deaderpool as well.

So, the combination of these (yeah, I know) should make your game work better. READ Rope's instructions. Basically you move the townies in, evict them and move them to other households. What I love about this mod is that for my configured world, I don't get a bunch of super white, red-haired Japanese sims with pink eyebrows. His townies have French names and I rarely see the game spawn more.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:57 PM
I second all these statements those townies are so annoying and nearly always have annoying names and the same names repeated over again. I use testingcheats.on and CAS.FULLEDITMODE to edit them the way I want em!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 8:15 AM
The sims 2 and sims 3 both had mods that stopped townie spawning. The service sims would just stay on their designated lots doing their jobs and not bug anyone else. Of course the uneditable NPCs such as the grim reaper, father time, santa, etc. would be left alone because taking those out would break the game. But as far as random townies being spawned, there were NONE! If the sims 2 and 3 could both have successful no townie mods, a.k.a. notownieregen. There is no reason why the sims 4 could not have these as well.