Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 4:49 PM
Default WCIF broken doors and windows
I'm making an abandoned home in Sims 2 and I need to find the broken equivalents of the doors, windows and the sliding glass door from the base game. I want to have doors that look as if they were torn off their hinges and are laying on the floor or leaning against the wall. For the windows and sliding glass door I'm looking for filthy, broken glass and for the frames to have that weathered, paint chip effect. Since this is a base game home (the Smith's home in Strangetown) I would like to try and keep the original doors, windows and sliding glass door just dirtied up. Much thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 10:10 PM
Ghanima Atreides did these colorful/weathered paint recolors for a base game window.

For dirty windows, I use MLC's window film. Since it works with every window, you don't need separate glass recolors.

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Siofra
Ghanima Atreides did these colorful/weathered paint recolors for a base game window.

For dirty windows, I use MLC's window film. Since it works with every window, you don't need separate glass recolors.

Thanks. Although those are great, and I will probably use them for other projects, I'm looking for specific windows and doors to match the Smith Family home in Strangetown. In particular they are,
- Lafenetre Shuttered Window
- Midnight Ride Window by Cross Reference
- Chicienttina "Mauritania" Beveled Glass Door
- Colonial Tract Door
and of course the sliding glass door.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 8:26 PM
Old "leaning" doors I just recently saw here

I think a lot of what you are looking for is included in this Lot
Even though the Lot itself is not base game I think the items you need are, so just extract them with CleanInstaller. I especially remember the Midnight Ride and Lafenetre recolors from this Lot by McTrick

These are screenshots from my game and I think those are the ones found in the Lot if I'm not mistaken. First one is Numenor and other two are McTrick.

I also remember that Aviolina from GoS did some windows&doors that looked like basegame in her Silent Hill theme but I don't have any links sorry.