Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#4326 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Hit me up on Discord and I'll help you. I use Almighty hats invisible tutorial when making things invisible, hasn't failed me yet.

@gummilutt
I won't hit you up on Discord. After some sleep I finally understand this very tutorial.
The object has four textures (subsets? ) and SimPE just extracts one. I'm now wondering if making it invisible is a great idea. I think recolours should work better but I need to find relevant pictures. ;-)
Advertisement
Scholar
#4327 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:27 PM
Maybe some of you noticed that I have been away for a while, but now I’m back Did I miss something interesting?

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#4328 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 6:31 PM
I noticed. Glad to see you. Not much, I guess.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#4329 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 6:24 AM Last edited by AliaD85 : 28th Sep 2017 at 6:36 AM.
When you go to make an attic and the pictures for the tutorial are gone. Sim life...

Edit: I have to stop watching Hotel Hell. Now I want my sims to own an inn...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4330 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 11:05 AM
Yes I have missed you @Voeille, I think of you and me as something of kindred spirits in the TS2 community, and I haven't really noticed you around since you won Jo's contest. I've started acontinuity thread for it for people still playing those Sims or anything else arising out of the contest. I felt I really had to start the thread as I has built an "extra" house for one of Jo's characters (James Evans, the Olympic athlete), and had it ready just after the official contest thread closed.

When I say I think we're kindred spirits, I certainly don't mean in our building style: you're top of the Premier League, while I'm somewhere about Division 8! But I think we have something similar in our playstyle, in that we both try to look after our Sims well. I think our emphasis is slightly different in that you go for perfection, while I aim more for their happiness. But if your Sims got together with mine, I think they'd agree that they both live in "good" places, compared to some of the things that go on in other people's games. First I make sure my Sims are safe, and then I try to keep them happy. I can't be happy playing my Sims unless they are too. You might be interested in SIMelissa's How do you Play thread (one of the threads you may have missed).

Welcome back!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4331 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
When you go to make an attic and the pictures for the tutorial are gone. Sim life...

Edit: I have to stop watching Hotel Hell. Now I want my sims to own an inn...

I recently went through the photo caption thread. It got photofucketed pretty badly on a few pages.

Also, welcome back @Voeille

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4332 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Yes I have missed you Voeille, I think of you and me as something of kindred spirits in the TS2 community, and I haven't really noticed you around since you won Jo's contest. I've started acontinuity thread for it for people still playing those Sims or anything else arising out of the contest. I felt I really had to start the thread as I has built an "extra" house for one of Jo's characters (James Evans, the Olympic athlete), and had it ready just after the official contest thread closed.

When I say I think we're kindred spirits, I certainly don't mean in our building style: you're top of the Premier League, while I'm somewhere about Division 8! But I think we have something similar in our playstyle, in that we both try to look after our Sims well. I think our emphasis is slightly different in that you go for perfection, while I aim more for their happiness. But if your Sims got together with mine, I think they'd agree that they both live in "good" places, compared to some of the things that go on in other people's games. First I make sure my Sims are safe, and then I try to keep them happy. I can't be happy playing my Sims unless they are too. You might be interested in SIMelissa's How do you Play thread (one of the threads you may have missed).

Welcome back!

Yeah I do think we have a similar playstyle with respect to sims happiness. I enjoy seeing them having perfect lives

Simblr
Theorist
#4333 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 12:44 PM
I'd like to play my game but I have to set some things up first.
Mad Poster
#4334 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa

Same here. I want my game exactly as I want it..is it too much to ask? It takes time though...

And I just now realized, that I'll be able to play, with Murano's mirror floors now that I have a super-war-machine as a computer.
I liked building with these..then found out, it was unplayably too laggy once in live mode.
As an aside, weird how TSR does not require logging in anymore, to download anything...I downloaded a few of my own uploads there, without logging in. I even downloaded other people's stuff for testing or helping someone etc...works every time.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#4335 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 2:33 PM
@Rosebine
Murano's mirror floors remind me of the time I was doing beauty contests back in the days.

Since I started a new hood, I wanted to try new things.
It's hard to deal with impatience and laziness but I try hard.

For now I replaced the neighbourhood picture by a new one. I'll enjoy it more when I'll launch the game.
Theorist
#4336 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa

This is totally me.

Wanting things to be just so before actually playing the game, really feels like a burden (albeit self-imposed) sometimes.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#4337 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 10:15 PM
Well, it is the only place you have any hope of getting exactly how you want it, for most people.

Letting go of the idea of perfection is something a lot of people need to do. But life is chaotic and most of us can't control our circumstances, so why should you settle for not controlling your game? Maybe you have to take a shot at perfection before you can sit back and realize, "Good enough."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4338 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 11:28 PM
When he goes to university, Andrew says he wants to graduate Summa cum Laude. Indeed he expects to graduate Summa cum Laude. He doesn't see any point in going to university if he doesn't. Perfectionism does have its place.

(Clearly I'll have to know how to play university properly before he goes. I'd hate to let him down.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4339 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
When he goes to university, Andrew says he wants to graduate Summa cum Laude. Indeed he expects to graduate Summa cum Laude. He doesn't see any point in going to university if he doesn't. Perfectionism does have its place.

(Clearly I'll have to know how to play university properly before he goes. I'd hate to let him down.)

Here's some tips:
Check your Sim student's career tab. It shows their class performance and what skills are needed to maximize it. Building skills in the teenage years helps quite a bit.
There's four main actions that improve class performance: doing assignments, writing term papers, going to class, and group research.

It's actually not that difficult to get a full dorm of summa cum laudes if you use the pause button.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4340 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 12:52 AM
Even without the pause button. I have sims who make dean's list without ever going to class. Once that grade bar is full, it's time to party.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4341 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Once that grade bar is full, it's time to party.

Most of my Sims would argue it's the other way around. Party, then maybe on the last day think about the performance bar

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#4342 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Most of my Sims would argue it's the other way around. Party, then maybe on the last day think about the performance bar

I’m not a party type but I do tend to study 1-2 days before exams in real life, works fine and lets me spend time during the semester on nicer things, like playing sims

Uni in TS2 is indeed not too hard, and it’s a good time to max out skills. Knowledge sims might be useful with their teaching abilities, not only does it increase the skill level, but also relationships and social bar.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#4343 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 1:33 AM
Actually, some of my sims who dean's listed without going to class did so by going to parties and visiting. I invite household and throw parties a lot, as well as going to on-campus community lots, and let them take care of themselves, which means that even the laziest Pleasure sim will occasionally sit down and do an assignment or get caught in a study session initiated by their Fortune or Knowledge buddies. If they happen to have all the necessary skill points, or only need the ones that can be done in fun ways and get them autonomously, by the time I play their households again, that bar looks like a test tube full of milk. As for aforesaid Knowledge and Fortune sims - I've often left them falling into bed with exhaustion after a final, with a "write term paper" want locked, and by the time I get back to them in the rotation, the bar's already full.

Mad Poster
#4344 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 2:07 AM
I'd also strongly suggest either getting some form of jealousy hack or something to deal with the cow mascot. Otherwise you might end up with a bunch of Sims slapping each other when the cow mascot gets into a flirtatous mood.

Theorist
#4345 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Well, it is the only place you have any hope of getting exactly how you want it, for most people.

Letting go of the idea of perfection is something a lot of people need to do. But life is chaotic and most of us can't control our circumstances, so why should you settle for not controlling your game? Maybe you have to take a shot at perfection before you can sit back and realize, "Good enough."

Well it's not really about perfection but having the right stuff in game.
I quit wanting perfection a long time ago. "Good enough" is good enough for me. ;-)

And now I have two houses to build. I'm not sure I want to.
Mad Poster
#4346 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 9:43 PM
What is the right stuff in the game? Everything is relative - and Sims are as happy with ugly green kitchen counters and toilets as with nicely recolored ones.

I like using cc myself, but enjoying the game should be the first priority.
Mad Poster
#4347 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:05 AM
Sims will be happy with anything, this is a fact. Me?..well I am not a sim...yet. I have ideas I want to see when I play. I have that cool scenery in my head, that I want to look at, from my sim's house when I play them.
That meant creating my very own SC4 map. That meant, working hard to have it just as I wanted it to look...and work! That also meant, creating my own Default Townies etc..and that takes time too.
I will be enjoying playing this 'Hood for generations to come.
Now, almost done, all I need is the perfect sky mod that will fit my lost at sea, donut Island.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#4348 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 2:14 AM
Like Rosebine I have ideas I want to see when I play and when I really want to play, I play. Aging off for the win.

The Counsillor's daughter got natural twins who are now toddlers. She decided to move her boyfriend in. Said boyfriend also came with three dogs.
No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't picture the daughter still living with her elder parents so she had to move out. I'm expecting chaos when I'll play her family later. At least she'll have a proper house next time I'll launch the game.

It's not just about CC. ;-)
Mad Poster
#4349 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:39 AM
You can see Paul's Reaction Tester in the background of one of the TV shows!

Mad Poster
#4350 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sims will be happy with anything, this is a fact.

As long as it's suitably expensive, otherwise you'll get the 'OMG this is the worst thing that could have happened to me' reaction. Slumped shoulders, sighing as if the world is about to end. XD Suck it up baby; I like it.
Page 174 of 516