Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:13 AM
Default Hercules Thread
Y'know, to talk about all things Hercules, link to fan clubs, post pretty fan art etc.
There'll be one of these for all the movies that I can think of. If I missed one out then just start it yourself!

Hercules is still one of my favourites.
Megara is so fiery, the rest of the film could be awful and she'd still make up for it.

Not that this film is in any way awful. This film could never be awful.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th May 2010 at 11:16 AM
Hehehehe.... Zinthos, one of my room-mates at uni does Ancient History and she freakin' LOVES this movie As do I, these days. When I was a kid I was a mythology freak and ruined it for everyone else by sitting there going , 'That's not right! That's from Perseus! Hercules didn't do that!', etc, etc. These days I take my myths with more fun Meg is awesome! The only Disney heroine outside Esmeralda who can kick ass when required, and turn the dim-witted hero's brains inside out...
Hey, random fact: the actress who voiced Megara also played Doc Octopus' wife in Spiderman 2! Strange but true.
Any favourite quotes, people? Think my favourite pick has to be 'Hmm, my nemesis trapped for eternity in a swirling vortex of death... and there's a downside to this?' :P
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2010 at 6:46 PM
I love Greek mythology as a kid, but I never really paid attention to the facts. My favourites were Pandora's Box and the one where that pretty girl is taken by the Underworld guy. You can tell I paid attention there, huh? xD
Meg is my second favourite Disney heroine. Because she's sassy but not as kickass as Esme.
I never watched Spiderman 2 because I hated Spiderman. I thought it was crap. I was like "This is boring, I prefered the cartoons. D:"
I can't think of a favourite quote. Hmmmm... Probably "Pinhead with hooves? You know how men are. They think "no" means "yes" and "get lost" means "take me, I'm yours!". Don't worry, maybe Shorty here can explain it to you."

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th May 2010 at 10:53 PM
Hehehe.... best turning-down line ever! think I might memorise that just in case I'm ever erm, chatted up by a Hercules look alike in a bar...
And YAYS for Persephone myths! I used to eat my body weight in pomegranate seeds (just in case huh?) until someone pointed out that the range of people who've played Hades in movies hasn't been exactly Gerard Butler. I could have anyone from Steve Coogan to Lord Voldemort turn up...
Argh, my idea of hell - eternity with Steve Coogan...
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2010 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haphazard helena
Hehehe.... best turning-down line ever! think I might memorise that just in case I'm ever erm, chatted up by a Hercules look alike in a bar...
And YAYS for Persephone myths! I used to eat my body weight in pomegranate seeds (just in case huh?) until someone pointed out that the range of people who've played Hades in movies hasn't been exactly Gerard Butler. I could have anyone from Steve Coogan to Lord Voldemort turn up...
Argh, my idea of hell - eternity with Steve Coogan...

You wanted a blue guy with a flaming head? Rofl.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:06 AM

Meg is freakin' hardcore. (:

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:35 AM
^ She so is. A lot of people don't like her, but she's my second favourite Disney woman after Esme.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:59 AM
I like how she makes like a GAZILLION mistakes. She seems REAL, ya know?

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:37 PM
Yeahhhhh. And I LOVE her uberly unrealistic body shape. Her hips are made of sass.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:42 PM
Agreed. (:
She does have quite the womanly figure. 8D

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:00 AM
Hmmm. I know someone on fanpop that refers to her a gelled toothpick. I was just like "Pfft, Meg's hot".

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:05 PM
Well that's ridiculous. Fanpop-ers can be stupid. :/

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:06 PM
Hercules is one of my worst and most hated disney as it is supposed to be based greek mythology which is something I'm really passionate adout. I have watched it online and hated it as it is not hercules ladours as it just is a musical with some small elements of greek mythology. The only thing that I acturally liked was Megara she was a different to most of girls in disney. I hated hades as he is my favorite greek god and to see him like he is and the way that he pretrayed made me want to kill as he was just so annoying for me.

This is just my opinon here.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos
I love Greek mythology as a kid, but I never really paid attention to the facts. My favourites were Pandora's Box and the one where that pretty girl is taken by the Underworld guy. You can tell I paid attention there, huh? xD
Meg is my second favourite Disney heroine. Because she's sassy but not as kickass as Esme.
I never watched Spiderman 2 because I hated Spiderman. I thought it was crap. I was like "This is boring, I prefered the cartoons. D:"
I can't think of a favourite quote. Hmmmm... Probably "Pinhead with hooves? You know how men are. They think "no" means "yes" and "get lost" means "take me, I'm yours!". Don't worry, maybe Shorty here can explain it to you."
Persephone, the goddess of innocence and Queen of the Underworld. She's my favorite. Not sure why she wasn't in the movie since she was Hades' wife.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anatine
Persephone, the goddess of innocence and Queen of the Underworld. She's my favorite. Not sure why she wasn't in the movie since she was Hades' wife.

I am a slight greek mythology nerd and the story of persephone and the programit seeds have no cottection to hercules in anyway.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 3:24 AM
I love Greek mythology too!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haphazard helena
Hehehehe.... Zinthos, one of my room-mates at uni does Ancient History and she freakin' LOVES this movie As do I, these days. When I was a kid I was a mythology freak and ruined it for everyone else by sitting there going , 'That's not right! That's from Perseus! Hercules didn't do that!', etc, etc. These days I take my myths with more fun Meg is awesome! The only Disney heroine outside Esmeralda who can kick ass when required, and turn the dim-witted hero's brains inside out...
Hey, random fact: the actress who voiced Megara also played Doc Octopus' wife in Spiderman 2! Strange but true.
Any favourite quotes, people? Think my favourite pick has to be 'Hmm, my nemesis trapped for eternity in a swirling vortex of death... and there's a downside to this?' :P

She was also Lin in Spirited Away