Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM
Default CC Magic uninstall and any other way to install sims3packs
Hello there!

I need some help with sorting this one out... I love using CC Magic it's such a quick and usefull tool for sorting and installing things... But! I love creating lots and sharing them on TSR - i can't do that with CCM because it turns sims3packs into packages (merged ones) and when someone downloads my lot the items doesn't really transfer in package form to their game. I hope you understand what i mean.

It pains me to do it but i'll have to remove CCM and everything installed through it - on the other hand is there a way to keep it and use it ONLY for installing clothes, hair. makeup .. You know create a sim items with it? And how do i remove already installed objects with it without loosing everything else - like worlds, saved games, sims etc.?

And one more question: is there some program similar to CCM to install sims3packs but to keep them in sims3pack form? I just really hate to install my CCs via launcher because it will be painfully long process and it's just hard to sort things out in Launcher. Plus my Launcher might decide to stop working in the middle of process (happend before hence why i got CCM). I have a little over 2GB of CC items.

Thanks for the help
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:02 PM
I never install lots with CCMagic. What I do is, I install them with the EA launcher, then when CCMagic runs, I put them in a set "EAlauncherinstalled" and disable that set.

I don't quite understand the second question: Why would you lose worlds and saved games when deleting single objects?

I hope you have backups of all your files. So, let's say you uninstall the lots that you installed with CCMagic, all you need to do is delete them within CCMagic, put the Sims3pack into Downloads, install with the launcher and then do as in my first line. Is that what you meant?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM
No, no you understood me wrong (or i explained badly - sorry English isn't my 1st language). When i share my lots on TSR people who download them get faulty lots (missing items) because package files doesn't transfer into their game with lot - i didn't know that till now and have been using CC Magic to process everything with it except items you can't. So because of that i'm changing/reinstalling everything in sims3packs form and installing those via Launcher (haven't found any other alternative).
Can i still use CC Magic just for hair, clothes and other CAS stuff i won't be sharing on TSR?
Just to be safe i've started fresh game - is it possible to somehow move just my saved Sims from backup files to new vanilla game?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:12 PM
@Ursek
did you read the cc magic informations on what grantes tools is for? this is the first thing you should do
further if you have questions concerning mods that you grabbed here at MTS you should always post your questions in the mods Comments section first. give the creator the possibility to support their work for themselves please. choose the Feedback option to do so (erm you already thanked grantes anyway, didnt you). then grantes has a better chance to find your question in all those thanks.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:31 PM
Yes i did read what it's for and i've been one very happy CCM user till now i mean i still am it's wonderfull tool just makes it impossible for me to share my own lots on TSR. That's why i'm changing everything around - i've already reinstalled objects (that i previously installed with CC Magic) via Launcher - for some strange reason my launcher didn't die in the middle of the process and it actually worked fine.
Now i'll try to use CCM only for selected items - those for my personal use (i figured CAS items are safe bet).
And because of all this changing and switching around i started with fresh, vanilla game. And now i wonder if there is a way to move my saved Sims from backup folders to this brand new vanilla game folder?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
i think thats why one would backup sims and saves. to put them back in later e.p. after re-installation or factory reset

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:19 PM
I understand that i'm just not sure if i can move just "saved sims" folder from my backup game folders to a new game folder i've created today.Not whole backup just this part if that makes sense.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:23 PM Last edited by shmovese : 14th Sep 2014 at 11:36 PM.
hey being cautious is good . if it makes you feel better read this guide:
Game Help:TS3 Back Ups => further How do I restore files

the restore only covers the mods folder: in case of the mods folder its important that your game should be in the same state as it was when using the mods folder before=> same patches or installed the same EPs/SPs as when you perform the backup this is likely true for your saves and sims (if sims are saved with certain skins / cc in general and you dont put that back they likely look different then) but i will check that

ok i think its absolutely ok to paste the backup SavedSims folder into the new Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > SavedSims folder to override it with your old data.
deleting cache files is also recommended after all that re-arrangements : Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Files

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:35 PM
Thank you! I'll read that and try to figure it out from there =)