Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default GUIDE: Edit Simbots in Create-A-Sim WITHOUT Mods.
Ok, this is a guide, not a plea for help. I didn't know where else to post it (Sorry!)

This was bugging me for the last few days, because the default Simbot skins/colour don't excite me too much. I got to playing around trying to get them into CAS mode so I could either make human-looking robots, or recolour Simbots.

I succeeded.

What you will need:
Treeag's fabulous SimTransformer

Step One

Command a sim to use any mirror, or dresser action that results in entering CAS.
(If starting with a simbot, use the SimTransformer now to "Transform >> Cure >> Frankenstein" to temporarily make him/her a sim)

Step Two

Just as the sim arrives at the object and is about to go into CAS, but BEFORE CAS loads, use the Simtransformer to "Transform >> Frankenstein".

This will see your sim become a Simbot, just as the CAS loads, leaving you with a fully functional Simbot with full access to CAS.

NOTE: Simbots have no skin colour, meaning they will appear invisible in most normal sim clothing.

Step Three

To recolour any parts, simply click on the area you wish to change. Even when using mirrors, you can recolour the chassi (body/clothes area) by doing this. This should bring you into Create-A-Style mode.

I hope this helps someone and again, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place, I'll be happy to relocate it.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 6:16 PM
Cool!

(But the Sim Transformer is also technically a Mod...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 6:24 PM
How to edit without mods:

Step one: download a mod