Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:25 PM
Has Everyone Gone To TS3?
I just joined the group and the last posting I saw was in 2011. Just wondering if everyone gave in and started TS3. I may be alone in the sims 2 universe. lol
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 12:16 AM
It's just you and me, I guess.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 9:46 AM
Looks like it! Hello to you!!! Maybe we can share some sims 2 things? I have a ton. I want to learn SimPE but the program scared me. lol
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 10:14 AM
Alone? Not at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 7:24 AM
I wish I hadn't sold my copy of TS2. Sorry I'm a traitor. :P

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 7:40 PM
I just started playing about a year ago. I see two people are still here in TS2 with me. lol I have Sims 3 but prefer sims 2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
I wish I hadn't sold my copy of TS2. Sorry I'm a traitor. :P

You can always get it back by going to amazon, best buy or wal-mart. You are not a traitor. You may simply like TS3 better.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolterGeist44
Alone? Not at all.
I'm very glad I'm not. Was beginning to worry. lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:00 PM
Nope, you're not alone! Although I wish all The Sims 3 expansions would've been for The Sims 2 as well... Medieval, Supernatural... Seems a lot of fun but still The Sims 2 will always be my favourite no matter what...
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 3:02 PM
Alone never I am still a devoted sims 2 fan despite the fact I play sims 3.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucia940
You can always get it back by going to amazon, best buy or wal-mart. You are not a traitor. You may simply like TS3 better.

In the UK we don't have Best-Buy and Walmart. As for Amazon... Im 13 and i highly doubt my parents are going to let me buy shedloads of old games, they wouldn't let me pay £30 of MY OWN MONEY on the Amazon Marketplace (2nd Hand) to buy The Sims 1!!! I want to play it so bad, but id probably miss colour co-ordinating with CASt.
I might have a look in my ASDA next time I'm dragged out shopping, or GAME or another shop when i'm in a shopping centre.

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:41 PM
I never played sims 1, and only began with sims 2 about a year ago or so. Still don't know how to build a basement home or houses that are not square. lol I love sims 2 and I do have sims 3, and sims Medieval, and so on. I was not impressed with them, just sims 2. lol I am normally a FF fan. The only other games I have played on PC have been Nancy Drew And another I can't remember. I normally play on play station and xbox. I love sims 2 on PC so much I purchased it for my play station too. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 10:09 AM
I never played sims 1, and only began with sims 2 about a year ago or so. Still don't know how to build a basement home or houses that are not square. lol I love sims 2 and I do have sims 3, and sims Medieval, and so on. I was not impressed with them, just sims 2. lol I am normally a FF fan. The only other games I have played on PC have been Nancy Drew And another I can't remember. I normally play on play station and xbox. I love sims 2 on PC so much I purchased it for my play station too. lol

If you want to learn how to do basements or other stuff go to The Sims Supply for The Sims 2 and 3 tutorials and a lot of the sims 3 ones work for The sims 2! May I ask what's FF?

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:14 AM
FF is Final Fantasy. lol Thank you for the information and I actually need to learn even more than I realized. I am trying to join a TS2 contest and when I bring up the lot information I cannot snap a photo of it. I guess I had better find some tuts on this kind of stuff. lol
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 7:37 PM
Ok! Good luck!!! :D

Just Call me Square!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:42 AM
One of the main reasons I went for sims 3 at the time it was realesed was that at the time I had sims 2 troubles and now I have both sims 2 and sims 3 problems.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:08 PM
I have TS3 on my Mac which is my current computer. I still have all of my TS2 expansion packs and file folders. Once I get my old PC up and running again I'll start installing and playing again. There are a couple of S2 expansion packs I'm missing so I looked online for them; they're freaking expensive.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 5:53 PM Last edited by newuser : 22nd Feb 2013 at 7:33 PM.
I have tried to play TS3 on my PC, however, I thought that there's something that The Sims 3 lacks, compared to The Sims 2. Sims are less customizable, and the lack of realism in cars animations made me decide to revert for good on TS2. For custom content and storywriting, TS2 is much more flexible, as it allows you to make much more things.

Plus, I'm registered at a community that is heavily focused on making custom objects and stories for The Sims 2, it's called "VPN's Garage", the team on that site is making a custom fictional universe, called "Alterra", with the usage of The Sims 2. If you've still got the game, I suggest you to check it out. Here's the link:

http://vpnsgarage.sims3carsource.net/

In my opinion, it's one of the best niche sites focused on TS2. Hence why I've also chosen to publish their updates here on MTS.
They're also recruiting new creators and storywriters, if there's someone interested.

We are looking for new Creators and Storywriters!
If you're interested click Here, Register for free and Submit your Recruitment Request!
VPN's Garage - The Best Free Roleplay and Storywriting community based on The Sims 2.
Visit us today: http://vpnsgarage.sims3carsource.net/phpBB3/
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:44 PM
I just joined the group and the last posting I saw was in 2011. Just wondering if everyone gave in and started TS3. I may be alone in the sims 2 universe. lol

I tried Sims3 I found a Copy of it and Late Night in a local Thrift Store for 5 dollars for both; installed it and disliked it quickly. I hate not being able to being flexible and EA's big brother attitude.
So I am staying with Sims 2
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:09 AM
I was a Sims 3 player until I decided to give TS2 a whirl. I have never played Sims 3 since. You are not alone.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:12 PM
I think TS3 is better for CAS. Muscles only. But TS2 ROCKS !

I hate SMS language...
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 10:16 PM
The Sims 2 > The Sims 3
If I didn't believe this then why would I be here o-o
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:43 AM
I play sims 2 and 3. Heck I even play sims 1.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 5:45 PM
You're not alone.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 8:21 AM
Actually I've gone back to sims 2. My computer can't handle sims 3 anymore so I put an alienware on my wishlist.

Page 1 of 3