Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 7:13 PM Last edited by saskiiaa : 21st Apr 2014 at 8:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default game can't save after having used buydebug
Hello! I'm just wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem...

Computer Specs:
CPU: intel i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: integrated intel 4600 & GeForce GTX 770M

All right, on to the problem:
Whenever I go into build/buy mode and activate the buydebug cheat, then place something from the buydebug items onto my lot, the Sims 3 freezes when saving. I use the word "freeze" quite loosely here, since it just... continues saving and saving indefinitely. I end up just killing the program in order to get out of it.

What have I done so far:
I ran the game without CC (using the "run without CC" option on the launcher), no luck. Started a new save, no luck. When saving, both just clicking "save" and "save as" then changing the save file name don't help. The problem occurred on my desktop as well as on this clean install on my laptop.
So basically, I assume it isn't CC related, not related to my save, not related to my install, not related to my method of saving....... o_o anyone have any ideas?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok I got off my lazy butt and removed the entire mods folder... turns out it's something in my Overrides folder. Probably not one of KT's store fixes, but another one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:09 PM
Running without CC only removes sims3packs installed with the launcher. Try the steps in this guide - Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki the last step has you rename user files and completely removes ALL CC. Testing after each step, can you enter buydebug and then exit without freezing?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Running without CC only removes sims3packs installed with the launcher. Try the steps in this guide - Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki the last step has you rename user files and completely removes ALL CC. Testing after each step, can you enter buydebug and then exit without freezing?

Oh thank you, that was stupid of me. Yes I systematically went through all my CC, and found that one of the files in the Overrides folder was causing it - KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package. I moved it out of the mod folder and everything works again. Sadly now everything that was fixed by this file is broken again XD Oh well, I can live with that. Thanks for helping me with this problem
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 12:18 PM
I have been having this problem too. I seem to have fixed it now, by putting the KT_Storefixes into an Overrides folder, instead of in the Packages folder.

The other suggestion I have seen is a workaround, recategorising buydebug objects so they appear in the normal catalogue.