Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 8:58 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:57 AM. Reason: set to solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations
Default Moved misplaced .package files into right folder, but no package CC is showing up
Hello, I need your guys' help. I think my issue is a rather unusual one. Today, I downloaded a bunch of CC, most of which were .package files. It'd been a while since I've played the game, and being forgetful, I accidentally exported all of my new CC files to the Mods folder, rather than exporting them into the Packages folder like I should've.

When I realized my mistake, I copied all of the .package files and pasted them into their rightful place, the Packages folder-- shouldn't that work? Well, when I loaded my game and expected everything to be okay, lo and behold-- none of my package file content was in the game anymore, including package files that I had previously downloaded a long time ago. .sims3pack files show up in game, however.

I've tried lots of things. I've restarted my computer, I've deleted everything in the Packages folder and re-pasted them back in, I've made a .zip folder containing all of my .package content and exported it back into the Packages folder, and none of those things have worked. I'm feeling very desperate and defeated because I had lots of previously downloaded CC that would be an absolute pain to re-download, and would possibly even discourage me from playing Sims 3 for a long time.

Does anyone have a solution to this weird problem? I would be eternally helpful if you guys could help me figure this out.

EDIT: nevermind, I figured out I was missing resource.cfg! it's all good
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: resolved