Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#626 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 7:02 AM
I have begun a little science project that requires observations from high ground in Heaven's Peak. Concerned about how well a large household would take care of itself during the project, I started a new game in which the active household was just Jake, myself and Janet. I seldom start new games, because it pains me to see Sims who ought to have some history together acting as if they've only just met. But when Jake and I got in the taxi to take us up the hill -- about 8:30 in the morning of Day 1 -- a thought-bubble appeared over the cab suggesting that things will work out OK.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#627 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 9:08 AM

I shall have to see what can be done.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#628 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:12 PM
Safe travels today @Nymphetamine!

(And any other Fangirls who're doing the over-the-river-and-through-the-woods thing for the US holiday.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#629 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:03 AM
And ... our Nymph has pinged, to say that she's starting on her way back home from the States.

A safe trip this way too, Nymph! to the True North -- where it will once more be dark and wintry, but at least you'll be able to reach the Net from your phone without international roaming robbery.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#630 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 9:09 AM
Default Happy Yule @FentonParkNinja!
... because the Eve just started where I am, but you live in Tomorrow, along with @Pary and @Flaygor. I am far from sure that one more day will be enough for me to prepare, and yet, here you are already doing it.
Scholar
#631 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 11:46 PM
Thanks Noubie, getting ready to go out for Christmas lunch. HH to everyone. <3

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#632 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:15 PM
Default Tsyo's back!
Dec. 30th is National @Tsyokawe - returning Day!
Mad Poster
#633 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:24 PM
Party over in Pizza's group - come join!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#634 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:25 PM
@r_deNoube

THANK YOU !
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#635 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 4:30 AM
Default Effie's having a birthday!
Efolger's 997th birthday will be tomorrow! (Thursday).
Fenton noticed it, and I noticed him noticing it, and now I'm telling you all.
I could be wrong about her exact age, but I'm sure she's going to be a YA.
Mad Poster
#636 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:09 AM
Happy Birth(month) @efolger997

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#637 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:31 AM
Beloved Nymph, and excellent Fangirls -- I've made one pass through archiving this group's three threads. So far, our words over these years are saved, and links and directly-embedded images. But I'm still thinking about a good way to get all the attachments captured, because we have some very pretty ones. There is time enough to do that.

It's likely I can get us to the point of being able to view, on some site TBD, the content of our forums page-by-page as of the time I retrieved them. After some unknown amount of work, they might be able to render something that looks sort of like an MTS forum page; but it is not likely that the interface to view them will be anything resembling forum software. It's not possible, in other words, to transfer stuff from MTS's content database into Zetaboards' database (where SIMplicity is hosted.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#638 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 10:23 PM
Pizza's right -- don't let's post big new stuff under Fenton's Fangirls right now. I'm not the group owner, for one thing, and can't easily re-purpose it. I'm confident that our existing Heaven's Peak topic would qualify under the "Sims creativity" threshold, but the group itself clearly falls under "fandom". I will see if I can get some administrative guidance on how best to do this so that it sticks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#639 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
So .. I guess Noubie let us know what the guidance you seek says, and pass it along?

My received guidance says the best bet is for the creator of the World to make a new group for we who test it. Then the Heaven's Peak thread in this group could be moved over to that one.

@Nymphetamine and I could wrestle for dibs on telling the boy.

Fenton, I will cheat, by tagging you right here: @Fentonparkninja
But if Nymphy still thinks we need to wrestle, I guess that would be fair.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#640 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:14 AM
Of course, you'd have to contact someone else now to have the thread moved. Delphy is the only one with the necessary privileges. You could also clean up the group you have and get the group owner to rename it and change the description, but that may be more work than simply starting a new group owned by fenton.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#641 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:46 AM
What I meant is: it is easier and quicker, I think, to start a new group and have the necessary threads moved there. This moving can only be done by Delphy. I would have been the moderator here, so I don't know who's going to moderate the groups now, but my guess is that it would look better if this new group were owned by fenton.

The other option is to leave the group as is but then you'd have to clean it from the "fandom threads" and have Blake rename it and change the description. No new group needed, no Delphy needed, just hoping that it qualifies as "creative" then and live with the sight of the deleted threads. From what I've seen Blake hasn't been active here recently, so I don't know whether you could find her soon enough.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#642 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:25 AM
I'm reading Don as suggesting that the Delphy part can be reduced to a purely technical thing that Delphy knows very well how to do -- like when they move a thread to Derpy, for example -- provided that we make it simple and sensible. Having the world-testing group owned by the world creator would allow it to be done with less back-and-forth of messages and permissions. I guess Fenton will be home from work in a little while, so he'll be easier to contact than Blake.
Scholar
#643 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 9:57 AM
Sorry, I missed all this when I saw that other thread in OT discussing it.

Thanks for stopping by Don!

Also putting italics around a mention seems to make it malfunction, I didn't get a notification about it.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#644 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 8:16 AM

Page 26 of 26