Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 7:12 PM Last edited by Arsil : 1st Oct 2014 at 9:11 AM.
Default Floor Mark Summoner (was "[SOLVED] What's wrong with this script?")
Sometimes when I compile a script, put it in a package and start the game,
the game wont start (doesn't even reach the intro, crashes before that).
Usually I try to figure out why that happens, then get frustrated and get
rid of the whole project I was working on.

This time is different though. I'm using a slighly modified subset of another
script (taken from ani_'s Produce Stand) which I can modify&recompile&use
succesfully in the game, so it really pisses me off that I can't use a subset.

So, the question is: what's wrong with this code?
Can you put its .dll in a package (even w/o any object using it) and start the game succesfuly?
Thanks in advance.

As usual, sorry for my bad english, bye,
Arsil.

EDIT
I deleted the upload since it's no longer relevant.
See post #4 for the updated version.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Sometimes when I compile a script, put it in a package and start the game,
the game wont start (doesn't even reach the intro, crashes before that).
Usually I try to figure out why that happens, then get frustrated and get
rid of the whole project I was working on.

This time is different though. I'm using a slighly modified subset of another
script (taken from ani_'s Produce Stand) which I can modify&recompile&use
succesfully in the game, so it really pisses me off that I can't use a subset.

So, the question is: what's wrong with this code?
Can you put its .dll in a package (even w/o any object using it) and start the game succesfuly?
Thanks in advance.

As usual, sorry for my bad english, bye,
Arsil.

I dont see anything strange. When I started modding, and I copy some code from others creators, the game doesn´t start, because my mod has conflicts with them. Can it be your problem?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Arsil : 30th Sep 2014 at 11:18 AM.
Thanks for your reply. It kinda was the problem.
I think it was because I was compiling the code as
an existing .dll filename (from one of my other mods).
Silly me!

It's not working yet but I'm close and I'll get it done eventually.
The purpose is to summon the selected sim in a certain place (where the floor mark is placed)
at a certain hour (I plan to add a filter for day of week also). It could be useful with my
StandUpComedy mod or with a Disk Jokey Sim if you want an inactive sim to be
every night at a certain venue in order to simulate work hours or just to be there.

You think something like this it's worthy of uploading or only few users will find it useful?

---

I'm also working on two gym equipment mods.

1) Step Aerobics. Using as a base a cc object from ATS3 (actually a coffe table
or something like that), I added an interaction to reach the object and animating
the sim. I plan to add the various athletic tones (no sweat, ecc) and make it compatibile
with the trainer from NRaas SelfEmployed Careers (maybe for that I just need to derive
the class from a certain gym object, I've yet to do my researches).
I isolated a few basegame animations that could work well:
- a_stepInPlace_0_L and a_stepInPlace_0_R (as brief warming up. Somewhere I saw
a piece of code about checking if a sim is left/right handed, but sadly I can't find it anymore).
- a2o_stairs_up_start_standing_x (left foot)
- a2o_stairs_up_start_locomotion_x (right foot)
The problem right now is the transition between the right step and the left step.
I'd like to add a slot to the object (so I can treat it like a mirror) to simplify things.
But me and blender don't get along well.

2) Spinning Bike. I cloned a bicycle but I can't find it anywhere. Once solved that
it should be easy since I can reuse existing basegame animations and state
machines (I only found out "enterbike" atm).

Since I can't find a way to clone it, I'd also like to implement a simplified and
basegame version of the beach towel of Island Paradise, but I plan to make it
as a placeable object so you can use the interaction only where there are towels.
If I do a decent work and decide to upload it, using the mesh of the beach towel
and the relative animations/sounds from that EP will be considered illegal/piratery?
[EDIT: yes, can't be used unmodified]

Other projects include a gym mat to use Simoro Workout mod (if I get his/her permission),
a dance rug to use Simoro Waltz mod ((if I get his/her permission)) and another one
for the Slow Dancing from Seasons (same problem as the beach towel [EDIT: yes, can't be used unmodified]).

Any help/collaboration would be great (mostly for meshing and object
editing, for example to modify the bike) but I realize it's a lot to ask.
Besides it's an egoistic request since I'm not able and don't have time
myself to help others being busy trying to realize my projects.

Bye,
Arsil.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM Last edited by Arsil : 8th Dec 2014 at 9:25 AM.
I doubt someone will be interested in this, but here it is.

To work it needs the floor mark you can find HERE.
My package overrides the OBJK of that object so (my package) goes in the "Overrides" folder
(make sure that Resource.cfg gives to that directory a bigger priority than that of "Packages").

Of course you can use my script on any object you want changing with S3PE its OBJK script name to
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Arsil.FloorMarkSummoner
(if you do, you can delete the OBJK resource in my package and put it in the "Packages" folder).

As I said before, the purpose is to bring to the floor mark the selected sim at the specified time.
Example: take a inactive sim specialized in Disk Jokeying to the venue with the DJ booth.
I know that certain sims are attracted to certain venues based on their traits, but I needed
something more reliable: in the DJ example, going there every day makes more probable
getting a regular income.

WARNING: the code is not robust enough, if Sims to be summoned are working
or are not in the current world the mod probably wont work.

Bye,
Arsil.

EDIT: I almost forgot. This mod is largely based on Ani's Produce Stand.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_FloorMarkSummonerOverride.package.zip (6.7 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Description: FloorMarkSummoner Mod by Arsil
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:05 PM
Hmm well, I changed the OBJK on the floor-tile, downloaded your file, placed them both in Mods/Packages, chose a townie sim, and time, activated it, and got nothing? removed the OBJK from your file, tried again. Nothing. Anyone else?
I can use the 'anysim ivy' just fine however.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:30 PM
Maybe the sim you selected was sleeping or doing another long duration activity.
If too much time passes between the selected hour and the hour on which the
summoning actually begins then the interaction is cancelled (no sense getting
there too late). The margin is 1 hour, so if the sim was eating or taking a shower
it has all the time to finish was he was doing and then be on his way.

You can also try using the "Imperative" option that cancels the current interaction.

Of course if you put the floor mark in an unreachable spot, like a residential lot
or a bar during closing hours, the sim wont be able to reach it, though he will
try nonetheless.

Please let me know how it goes.
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:25 PM
Yeah, I did use the imperative option, and I used a simple grid hood with only 2 families. Y'know, I recommend putting this, and your other objects, on the nexus site, in my signature. It's a very simple thing to do. MTS, bless it's socks, is much more stringent. But on the nexus you'll get feedback straight away.

Is the stand up mike a finished object? I like that, man. You make good stuff. You know the TV workout animations? Could it be possible to work them into a daily gym session thing with multiple sims turning up? Like a rug object? There's some good potential here...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Yeah, I did use the imperative option, and I used a simple grid hood with only 2 families.

If it doesn't work let me know every little detail. What kind of sim did you choose (children have curfew for example),
how did you configure the summoner, where did you put it, etc.
Try also selecting the active sim so maybe you can tell exactly what goes wrong
(is the interaction added to his queue? Does he at least try to reach the spot? ...).

Quote:
Y'know, I recommend putting this, and your other objects, on the nexus site, in my signature. It's a very simple thing to do. MTS, bless it's socks, is much more stringent. But on the nexus you'll get feedback straight away.

I'm good here at MTS.

Quote:
Is the stand up mike a finished object? I like that, man. You make good stuff.

Yep, the stand up comedy mod is finished for now. Maybe one day I'll try to improve it.

Quote:
You know the TV workout animations? Could it be possible to work them into a daily gym session thing with multiple sims turning up? Like a rug object? There's some good potential here...

I guess so, but coordinating/synchronizing more sims is beyond my abilities right now,
I'm struggling with much more simple tasks.