Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 1:08 PM Last edited by Neeri : 6th Feb 2011 at 6:27 PM.
Default The cookie stand
So the cookie stand, The bakers half dozen stand. Its a very awesome thing, Ive used it before but now it seems to have stopped working.

I bought one for my current household and the child in it, she began prepping by making all sorts of bakeries, put it in her inventory and then stocked the table. I put her on "tend table"
But every time she gets a customer she automatically cancels out the action "help customer"
He/she walks up to the stand and begins to ponder on what to buy, but as the action on my child's behalf is canceled out the buying sim proceeds by starting to chat with her.

This, is very frustrating.
Ive deleted the stand and bought another one, tried changing locations and lots, nothing seems to work.

Have this occurred to you and if so, what did you do to fix it?

I just realized as i was typing this up, it only happens to adults, YA, teens. Not to children, she serves them well..

I'm s confused.

Edit: this is still happening :< doesnt anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neeri
So the cookie stand, The bakers half dozen stand. Its a very awesome thing, Ive used it before but now it seems to have stopped working.

I bought one for my current household and the child in it, she began prepping by making all sorts of bakeries, put it in her inventory and then stocked the table. I put her on "tend table"
But every time she gets a customer she automatically cancels out the action "help customer"
He/she walks up to the stand and begins to ponder on what to buy, but as the action on my child's behalf is canceled out the buying sim proceeds by starting to chat with her.

This, is very frustrating.
Ive deleted the stand and bought another one, tried changing locations and lots, nothing seems to work.

Have this occurred to you and if so, what did you do to fix it?

I just realized as i was typing this up, it only happens to adults, YA, teens. Not to children, she serves them well..

I'm s confused.

Edit: this is still happening :< doesnt anyone have any ideas to why this is happening?

Try deleting the bake stand and buying another one. Maybe that one got borked (like elevators do). Also is it possible that the Sim kid is canceling the action because she doesn't feel like it (low needs perhaps)?
I'd check the kids needs and if that looks okay then I'd try switching the stand.

I had this happen once but there were 2 kids in the house so when I had his sister tend the table instead it was fine -- turned out the her brother just didn't feel like doing it at the time. He was able to tend table next day though.

Good luck.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 9:44 AM
She has her mood green, like over the top green. Not a single negative moodlet on her.
She also has the want to sell cookies, and her cookies are of the perfect quality.

But even with her mood high, her needs at green she still instantly cancels out the action of "help customer"

Ive seen one other person have this issue besides me (google)
But he didnt get a solution either which is why i posted this here.

I google everything for hours first trying to find the solution xD
Didnt work this time..

Thanks for trying though.
Shes also the only child, her brothers are teens. So i couldnt switch it up to see if that was the issue.
Oh and i as i wrote, i did delete it and buy another one, tried restarting and all that jazz, no luck.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 2:15 PM
It has happened to my sim child also. I just had to sell the table. I think childern and babies are so messed up in the game now. I use to play with large families, now I just play one or two adult sims. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if there is a solution. Good luck on it.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:24 PM
Last night was the first time I've tried to use the Baker's stand and I got the exact same thing you did. She just cancels the action. I've tried different locations and her mood was elated. So hopefully this thread can provided us with an answer because you aren't the only one with this problem.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 10:36 PM
Totally out of interest, what patch level are the people experiencing problems on? The details for the patches after 1.14 are hidden on the EA site so it doesn't say what they've fixed, but it sounds buggy to me...

And does anyone have this problem without custom content?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 10:40 PM
I have the same thing, I managed to sell to ONE customer (well, he said it was too expensive, but at least I could tend to the customer!) in the whole sim weekend
I have the newest patch, and I do have CC. I have had many glitches with LN even before I used CC, so I don't know if it's the cause at all.
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 9:08 AM
I will try any one of my 8 girls and no boys to see if any of them will sell, I have used it with the Bunches and Riskillas kids have one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Neeri : 8th Feb 2011 at 1:18 PM.
i have the latest patch too, and she helps customers who dont want to buy for deferent reasons, such as, being on a diet or too expensive but those who clearly want to buy she cancels out. Weird, Dumb child doesnt wanna make money. >
Haha, Oh wells, glad to know im not alone. <3
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:59 AM
Open the cheat window:

resetsim SimName

It works for me every time I have a stupid glitch like that. Even with the baker's table.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baratron
Totally out of interest, what patch level are the people experiencing problems on? The details for the patches after 1.14 are hidden on the EA site so it doesn't say what they've fixed, but it sounds buggy to me...

And does anyone have this problem without custom content?

I also have the latest patch and I do have CC installed. Silly me for not taking it out and seeing if that was the problem. Next time I'll try that if resetting the sim doesn't work.

I only had ONE customer that she actually helped. Which I then got excited about because I thought it was magically fixed. But then the customer said he was on a diet. -_-
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:22 AM
well, I'm having this problem, too. I do have CC and mods installed, but haven't found that any of that interacts with the table because I've had it before and it worked fine. I wish someone found a solution to this for those of us who still play.