Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Download Organiser - v1.2.6365 updated 6th June 2017

by Tashiketh Posted 11th Apr 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2020 at 4:57 PM by Tashiketh : Updated bbcode for headers

1661 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1565 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 67
Field Researcher
#101 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:21 PM
You are officially my hero now.
Test Subject
#102 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:21 PM
Hey i have to say this is one of the best things i can get off of this web site...I just luv the organizer it is helpn me figure out wut file works or not. THX again Delphy
Test Subject
#103 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:23 PM
Thank you so much for this, I am desperate to kill all my orphans. I do have a problem though, when I click to install it I get this message:
downloadorganiser.exe-common language runtime debugging services
application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
process id+0x454 (1108), thread id+0x8ac (2220).
It will not let me debug or run the program. the Sims 2, bodyshop and SimPE all work fine and I do have net framework 1.1, so I just wanted to report the problem. Thank you again, I cannot wait to have it up and running!
Test Subject
#104 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:30 PM
can't wait to get home and give this a try. Been waiting forever for someone to finally come up with a complementing (sp) system to the Clean Installer which has been great but still needed more.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Composed by Rebecca[/COLOR]

"[COLOR=Plum]Love, Peace, and a little ketchup."
-Sheena[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#105 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:34 PM
Oh and I found another bug/glitch (or maybe just a package identification error): it calls the LadderStairs by Targa a 'BuildModeDoor' though I'm quite sure it's not ;p

See also previous post (#91) for a more annoying bug.

Still a great program that does just those things I ever wanted to do with my downloads. =D
Field Researcher
#106 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
phantomgremlock, can you give me the screenshot from the one that errors on you when you scan?

It's the same one as earlier but it happened just before the end of loading the package files.

Also, when I moved a floortile listed in the downloads folder to a sub-folder names floors. It show that it was moved successfully but when I restarted the program, the floortile showed up under walls instead. lol!

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Test Subject
#107 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:40 PM
Your creations make my downloading addiction possible! I've tried to sort out my DL folder in the past and the crazy amount of downloads I have made it impossible. I am so grateful for all of your creations but especially this one. Thanks for all your hard work Delphy, you are a God.
Test Subject
#108 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:42 PM
this is an amazing tool delphy, just one problem when i delete a package it normally does'nt delete that package but instead it will delate another package. someone else reported this and i wanted to know if you had uploaded the fixed version yet?
thanks again for creating a great tool anyway though.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#109 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
The DDO only detects the files. It will not auto-delete them for you.

Regarding hacks, it will not detect compatibility with the EP you have installed. Use SimWardrobe's Hack Scanner Detection Utility for that.

Regarding non-hacks, does it detect EP compatibility?
Does it search for duplicates by filename or contents (e.g. "Red Shirt.package" for a Male Sim located in one folder versus "Red Shirt.package" for a Female Sim found in another folder)?
Does having multiple user accounts with Download folders on a single computer affect how it works?
Does it make breakfast or dinner, if it doesn't make lunch?
Am I asking too many questions?

In all seriousness, this looks great and I can't wait to put it to good use. Thanks.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#110 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:44 PM
Thanks so very very much! you are a genius

"Don't Sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." - Dennis the Menace
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#111 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:45 PM
Wow. Thank you.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Field Researcher
#112 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mouseyblue2006
this is an amazing tool delphy, just one problem when i delete a package it normally does'nt delete that package but instead it will delate another package. someone else reported this and i wanted to know if you had uploaded the fixed version yet?
thanks again for creating a great tool anyway though.

This is why I haven't deleted any packages yet

Say "Keep your neighborhood User Friendly ^^
Field Researcher
#113 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:46 PM
I spent 3 hours going through my downloads with CleanInstaller last night. That's me, a day late and a dollar short!

But this will still be wonderful for next time!!

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:46 PM
You can use subfolders to organize DLs where have I been and why have I not known this? How does the subfolder deal work??

~Ashley~

"Whatever female-based, emotion-driven dilemma you may be dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But right now, we need to break this down into male-based, fact-driven logic." Jackson Rippner Red Eye
Test Subject
#115 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:49 PM
Thank you soooo much for this! I've been keeping my downloads organized by folder because I've always had problems with downloading objects and things that mess up my game, no I can actually go through and get rid of anything I think or know is causing me problems! Thanks!
Space Pony
#116 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:50 PM
OMG - you are a life saver Delphi - i was sooooooo waiting for a tool like that, because i´m such a moron when it comes to SimPE. *blush*

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Silvi
Test Subject
#117 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:52 PM
You ARE a God!! Thank you sooooo much for this!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ who has survived, died or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:56 PM
OK this is amazing but when I go to delete many files it claims its deleting them all but only deletes two of the files

My mind never wanders, it packs it's backpack, puts on it's boots and goes on a mountain hike.
Top Secret Researcher
#119 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:59 PM
I have run the program in various of my folders. The only problem i have so far and therefore hesitate deleting files is that some of the orphans aren't really orphans .I don't know if this mixed-up is caused by subfolders or not but i thought i'd mention.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#120 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:02 PM
Exactly what I needed! Thank you!
Test Subject
#121 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:04 PM
Thank you!!! I was looking for something like that in a long long time!!!!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:13 PM
What's your real name? I'll tell ya it's.....SUPER GENIUS!!
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
I have run the program in various of my folders. The only problem i have so far and therefore hesitate deleting files is that some of the orphans aren't really orphans .I don't know if this mixed-up is caused by subfolders or not but i thought i'd mention.

I'm running into the same problem. It says I have over 700 of them >.> and some of them I'm positive I've seen in my game.
Forum Resident
#124 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:18 PM
There is nothing to add to all these comments but my personal expressed "Thank you!" for this super useful tool!!!
hexameter
Test Subject
#125 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 8:19 PM
I've been looking for something like this! Only problem is....I downloaded it and it won't work. I'm clicking the file to open it, and every time, it has like fatal exception type error.....won't open for me at all.
Page 5 of 67