Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:36 AM
Default Ciara and Kess
Ciara felt his eyes run over her and it was as if their icy colour translated into chills running down her spine forcing her neckhairs to stand on end. From his interest in Jake, she guessed he wasn't interested in women and yet his gaze still held an almost predatory edge.

"All right then, Miss I'm-Uncomfortable-but-Trying-Not-to-Show-It, let's get a drink. And will you relax a little? You looked so stiff over here that I almost didn't come, despite my cunning plan to get my little hands all over that devastatingly handsome friend of yours."

Ciara smiled. This, this she could deal with. The wry humour, the playfulness - she could deal with that and she followed him to the bar, relaxing along the way. But then he changed again, practically pushing her into a bar stool and once again Ciara was on edge. What was going on? Playful one moment and completely careless and forceful the next. She had to conciously think to not instinctively throw him when he did that. Probably had one too many drinks.

"So, you got a name there, honey?"

"Ciara." she ventured, alarmed that a little bit of her unease crept into her voice. She quickly decided to try to continue talking to mask it. "And yours. I'm going to need to introduce you as something, and a name tends to work better than 'this handsome stranger.'"

Ciara was relieved when the bartender brought her a drink sooner than expected. She took a sip, smiling at the stranger, "Thanks." It was strong and sweet, but she didn't know quite what it was. Jake would know, and she hoped he had already picked someone up this evening. Mr. One-too-many here was bizarre and slightly creepy. And her suspicion about him being slightly drunk seemed correct, after all - he hadn'torder himself a drink.
Advertisement
#252 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:42 AM
Default Mihael&Michael
"I'll deal with her. But I get to do it my way. Do I have your word on that?" Valerian's rich voice questioned, a stern look reflected in those icy orbs. For a moment, Mihael simply observed the other young man with mahogany eyes. He then shrugged and gave what might have been a laugh, though it was difficult to tell. Happiness came as a very dull emotion for him, often blurring between arrogance and mockery so that even he himself could not piece it away.

"Of course," the Tremere eyed the beautiful young man thoughtfully. "This is your game, Valerian. I am nothing more than an onlooker. This triviality,” he gave a flourishing stroke with his arm, as if repainting the situation that occurred only moments before, “does not concern me. Though, I would like to thank you for handling that encounter so well. Even though it does not appear to be the case for you, many neonates can be quite unruly. I will have to have a word with Ada about addressing her Elders. I apologize for her misconduct.”
He shook his head with a thoroughly peeved look stapled upon his features. It was because of occurrences like that that he avoided contact with others. Generally, others served as nothing more than mere nuisances and even allies could become enemies with a snap of the fingers. Long ago, the Elder had sought out the wisdom and comfort of others. The passing of time, however, drew great rifts between himself and his Kindred. He began to find interactions with others tedious, and everyone slowly began to fit under textbook labels. None were unique. They just liked to think they were…
Mihael looked at Valerian with a curious expression decorating his features, “To my knowledge she isn’t one known to act so audaciously. Though I suppose I wouldn’t know. I don’t believe I’ve exchanged more than a few words with the girl.” His shoulders bobbed and he crossed his arms, eyes lingering on Vevila and the pianist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael grimaced as the beautiful young woman prattled on, "Aren't you the sweetest thing alive? You know, so few people are polite nowadays. It's truly refreshing to meet someone of such skill who maintains good manners. What a rare find you are,” the young woman then nodded, a light spray of giggles flitting from those plump, crimson lips. "I look forward to creating a wonderful symphony of song and music with you! And if beauty translates into skillful musical ability, then that explains your talent."

Oh. She had done it. As uneasy as the girl made her feel, and as annoyingly beautiful she was…she’d flattered her. How could she dislike someone who gave her such unabashed compliments? As the maiden brushed her silken locks away from her eyes, batting them as she did so, Michael couldn’t help but place a hand to her lips and attempt to stifle the giggles rising through her.
“I must say, your eyes happen to be the strangest, most beautiful things I’ve seen,” Michael commented, leaning in a bit closer to get a better look on the eccentric hues of her eyes. “I don’t believe I’ve seen anything quite like them.” Though her voice dripped with flattery, there was a vague twinge of grimness behind her voice, a solitary drop of suspicion. Something that could easily go unnoticed.
Straightaway Michael washed a pure grin over her face, and brought her hands to her mouth to mask the excited smile burbling there, “I can’t wait to work with you! I’ve never been accompanied by a songstress before.”
Still grinning, she gathered her belongings and began to descend the stage.
#253 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:53 AM
Default Ciara (human) and Kess (Malkavian)
He flashed her a grin, having a guess as to what she was thinking about him. "Hi, Ciara. Pleasure to meet you, and 'handsome stranger' works for me, actually," he told her as he watched her drink, eyes never leaving hers. "An air of mystery, don't you think? Yeah," he answered his question. "You do think, I can tell. You think I'm weird." He shrugged carelessly. "Doesn't bother me. We made a deal, so I still get a chance to meet your friend either way...or I could do it without you, but I'll bet he's more receptive with you around. Plus I love making friends."

He spun in the stool and leaned against the counter, finally taking his gaze off hers and instead surveying the room. "I'm Kess." No last name from her, so none from him. Seemed a fair trade. "So, what do you want to talk about first? How creepy I am? How hot your friend is? How uncomfortable you are around me? I'm not drunk nor a rapist, if you were wondering. Or we could cover the basics...I'll go first. I like bubble baths, sunsets, and long walks on the beach." He flashed a sarcastic smile. "How about you? You're cute, think I'm handsome, or at least pretend to do so for flattery's sake, and you're not sure if it's safe to hook your friend up with me or not. What else you got, baby doll?"

He was pretty sure no one else was here with her besides her friend, which seemed to be part of the issues making her uneasy. It really would be quite easy to slip her out of the club and get at least a snack before moving on to the guy...but no. She was intriguing, and the night was young. There was still plenty of time. Plenty of time to have some fun first.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#254 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:15 AM
Default Valerian, Mihael & Jessica
At first, the Tremere Elder trapped in a young boy's body merely looked at Valerian. It was the oddest thing. Valerian was getting mixed signals. Miheal's appearance opted for an easy-going approach, but the knowledge that he was in fact an Elder - a rather old Elder at that - opted for something else entirely; respect and humility. Valerian could do both. But it was hard to do them at the same time.

"Of course," Mihael said finally, after giving a shrug and something that had sounded similar to a laugh. "This is your game, Valerian. I am nothing more than an onlooker. This triviality, does not concern me."

By speaking those words, he could see the slightly worried crease between Valerian's eyebrows fade, and vanish altogether. Obviously, he was relieved that Mihael, unlike Ada, left it up to him to sort out the situation in whatever way he deemed most appropriate, instead of deciding for him what needed to be done, and how.

"Though," Mihael continued. "I would like to thank you for handling that encounter so well. Even though it does not appear to be the case for you, many neonates can be quite unruly. I will have to have a word with Ada about addressing her Elders. I apologize for her misconduct."

As Valerian gave a slow nod, to show that he appreciated the comment, Mihael himself shook his head, and seemed to momentarily drift off into deep thoughts. But unlike most, Valerian wasn't going to shift impatiently, or sigh to indicate people's usual annoyance when someone didn't speak fast enough. He knew all too well how easy it was to become distracted, either by something happening around him, or inside him. Therefore, he waited until Mihael's attention was once again focused on him.

"To my knowledge she isn’t one known to act so audaciously", he said, still speaking about Ada. "Though I suppose I wouldn’t know. I don’t believe I’ve exchanged more than a few words with the girl."

As he spoke, his eyes drifted from Valerian's face once again, and settled on Vevila and the pianist. Valerian's gaze followed, and the sight of the two together, bonding over music, drew another smile from his lips.

"If you pardon my saying so", he said softly, his voice having returned to it's usual sound of lush, sultry allure. "... it's my understanding that you don't exchange more than a few words with anyone."

Tearing his gaze away from the two beautiful women on stage, he looked at the captivating young man next to him, and added with a playful smile;

"Pity."

But before the few moments of allowing the words sink in, in silence, had passed, Valerian's Primogen Jessica suddenly appeared out of nowhere, completely ruining the spell Valerian had been creating.

"What happened here?" she demanded. "Why was that woman passed out?"

Quickly forgetting his annoyance over being interrupted, Valerian glanced over towards the doors, where Melody had just left along with the unfortunate girl, after successfully trying to make her come to. She'd still been dazed and wobbley, but she would be okay. Especially after the trip to the hospital.
He then looked back at Jessica.

"Good evening to you too, my queen", he impishly greeted her, his lips parting in one of his charming, heart-warming smiles.

Leaning in, he brushed his lips affectionately against her ivory cheek, before finally answering her questions. With Ada and Beyonca gone, his temper had cooled, and he was once again his usual, kittenish self.

"One of our guests got carried away", he said, shooting the human girl's friends a look, and holding up a finger at them, urging them to wait just a minute longer.

And of course, they waited. With the prospect of the enticing young man coming over, they would've waited an hour. Even two.

"I'm dealing with it right now", he added, motioning towards Mihael to indicate they were just discussing the matter, even though that was no longer the case.

He didn't feel there was any need to go into details. He was not some little child who came running to his mother (or Primogen, in this case) just because someone hadn't played nice in his sandbox. Plus, Mihael had said he'd talk to Ada, and the Prince was sure to have a chat with Beyonca. Although he would probably think of a good way of excusing her behaviour. He did have a tendency to cover the backs of his own clan.
Still, all was well again. No need to bother Jessica with any of it.

(((ooc: Just so there's no misunderstanding; the "spell" Valerian was trying to create, had nothing to do with disciplines. He was just flirting. *lol*

Also; ShadowBlade - I love Kess! He's a riot! )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Inventor
#255 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM
Ada gave a badley aimed kick at the tire of a parked car.
She missed, scuffing her boot in the process. "D***.." she
muttered. What a night it had been so far and the evening
was still young. She had gone to Haven hoping to have a little
fun and instead had injured a human, angered Valerian, and
spoken out of place to an elder of her clan. "The prince'll have
my head for this." she sighed. Ada watched Beyonca storm
out the doors and stalk around the corner. She turned to follow
her but stopped. No, she had done enough damage to her
kind for one night. Ada ran her fingers distractedly through her
tangle mane of raven hair. "There must be some way for me
to get back in reasonable favor." she thought. "Maybe I can
propose a blood bond." she snorted sarcasticely; although
the thought chilled her. A dull scrape pulled Ada from her
thoughts and made her whirl around to glare at the
shadowy form behind her.
#256 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:34 AM
Bee saw Ada Standing out in the street. the what appered to be a someone behind her. Bee stood up straight and looked. Maybe I should go see. No! she said to herself. Remember last time she helped her out. Not even 30 minutes ago. She wiwll just watch. I wounder what goes on in the life of her exspeciallt to make her go out of custom like she had done in the Haven.
Field Researcher
#257 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:42 AM
Default Ciara and Kess
Ciara nearly choked on her drink. She hadn't met someone who read people so well. Perhaps that was because hardly anyone ever tried. And he was brutally straight-to-the-point with only the slightest hint of sarcastic humour.

And the blunt honesty was a relief. So many people played stupid games when talking to each other. She took a large swig of the drink before attempting to match his little tirade.

"Yes, you are creepy. Switching from charmingly delightful to forceful without any sign that it's going to happen and then back again. I don't know if I should be on my guard around you or not. And yes, I'll introduce you to Jake, but you're dealing with the protective, stuffy big-sister at the moment. As for me, well - I keep myself busy with work, which is also a hobby and I have no luck in picking guys up. They're either put off by my ...heritage... or intimidated by me. In fact, the only guys I seem to be able to talk to are always more interested in Jake than in me." A wry chuckle escaped from her lips, "I find you infuriantingly unpredictable while I seem to be as easy to read as a cheap paperback novel."

She downed the rest of what was in the glass and added almost as an afterthought, "And its my birthday. So, ready to go meet Jake?"
#258 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:15 AM
Default Ciara and Kess
(OOC: Sorry to be posting so fast, skylark, but this is the last post I'll get in until tomorrow night...so it's up to you if you want Ciara to interact with someone else since it'll be so long before Kess can respond.

Atropa- Thanks I also think you should be told how evil you are for making me fall in love with Valerian. Appeciate it )

He had to hold back a slight laugh as she choked; it was kind of funny that she had thought it so well hidden. He patted her on the shoulder lightly in mocking comfort. "You're an interesting girl, Ciara. I'm so very glad to have met you tonight." And truly, he was. She had grabbed his attention like no human female ever had before.

"Yes, you are creepy. Switching from charmingly delightful to forceful without any sign that it's going to happen and then back again. I don't know if I should be on my guard around you or not. And yes, I'll introduce you to Jake, but you're dealing with the protective, stuffy big-sister at the moment. As for me, well - I keep myself busy with work, which is also a hobby and I have no luck in picking guys up. They're either put off by my ...heritage... or intimidated by me. In fact, the only guys I seem to be able to talk to are always more interested in Jake than in me."

"I'm creepy?" He sighed. "Oh, I was afraid so. It's the eyes, isn't it? The forehead brand? Do I come on too strong?" He snickered. "Oh, what am I saying, I don't care, of course! On your guard, hm? Well, I would personally recommend it, what with the riffraff that hangs out around here." A wink. "Excluding present company, of course. So...Jake, huh? That's his name? And you're like a sister to him? Splendid. Sisters can be dealt with. The motherly types though..." He shuddered. "Hellish." Her next statement definitely caught his attention. "You know, babe, I wouldn't exactly call you stuffy in that dress..." He waggled his eyebrows in a suggestive way and lowered his eyes down her body for just a split second.

"Ah, but there I go in that creepy way again...It's the atmosphere, and the company...I get so flustered. Honey, you can't honestly tell me you don't pick up guys when you wear that dress. I may be gay, but I have eyes. Apparently the rest of the male population doesn't, though...Don't you ever make Jake do any special...favors...for you? He might be gay too, but you think he'd help you out if you needed it. Is there anything I can do to help? Some corny pick-up lines? Other things?" he couldn't help teasing her a little and gave her another wink. "I fancy your heritage as flat out sexy, and if the straight guys are so stupid as to not see it...Well, it's a sin."

"I find you infuriantingly unpredictable while I seem to be as easy to read as a cheap paperback novel."

He threw his head back and laughed. "Is that so? Well, I'll give you a little hint; it's all in the body language..." he looked her up and down again. "See, like now, you look a little defensive, which is natural, because I'm a prick. Most people get defensive around pricks, you know, so if you are one, you get used to seeing it. Tell you what, my dear Ciara, what if I give you lessons in reading body language sometime?" He giggled inwardly, knowing how the statement could be taken in more than one various way, some of them on the dirty side. She knew he was into guys, but some girls reacted anyways...Whether she was one or not remained to be seen, because that was one part of her he couldn't read.

"And its my birthday. So, ready to go meet Jake?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Your birthday, hm?" He gestured her to lean forward, put his mouth next to her ear like he had a secret to share, and murmured, "Happy birthday, sweetheart. What do you say we forget Jake for now? If it's your birthday, you deserve a...present...wouldn't you agree?" He nodded off to the dance floor. "I think Jakey's already found a date for the evening, and you, my dear, are intriguing. There's all kinds of fun to be had in L.A."
Field Researcher
#259 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 7:34 AM
Default Ciara and Kess
Kess was quick as a whip and seemed to have a comment for everything she said. Oddly enough, Ciara found that she was enjoying the conversation if only for the bluntness. Some of it was shocking - a brand on his forehead, she must not have heard correctly.

"Ah, but there I go in that creepy way again...It's the atmosphere, and the company...I get so flustered. Honey, you can't honestly tell me you don't pick up guys when you wear that dress. I may be gay, but I have eyes. Apparently the rest of the male population doesn't, though..."

Well, Jake had picked out the dress and she had just arrived. She smiled and said, "Just give it time." But she doubted he heard her as he continued lavishing complements on her. But in between the complements a certain suggestiveness was creeping in - a certain suggestiveness that was treading on some of the only holy ground known to Ciara, her relationship with Jake. And yet there was something almost intoxicating about him and when he gestured she lean forward, she did. His words caressed her ear like soft feathers. "Happy birthday, sweetheart. What do you say we forget Jake for now? If it's your birthday, you deserve a...present...wouldn't you agree?" He nodded off to the dance floor. "I think Jakey's already found a date for the evening, and you, my dear, are intriguing. There's all kinds of fun to be had in L.A."

After his previous comments this could be interpreted in a number of ways. Most of them ones that Ciara didn't like. If he was really interested in Jake, he shouldn't be blowing him off this easily. He was the very prick he professed to be. Anyone watching Ciara would have seen her eyes widen in suprize and then narrow in the universal body language for "stay the hell away, you are treading on thin ice". While still this close to Kess, Ciara near growled in his ear, "You seem to have misunderstood me. When I said I was like his big sister I didn't mean the kind who whines cos he played in her make up, I meant the kind that beats the snot out of the kids that dare hurt him."

As she sat back up, she pushed him slightly away from her, only to see a worried looking Jake swanning over to check on her. Her upper lip twitched as she looked at Kess, "A deal is a deal."

She stood, swivelling to look at Jake. "Jake, this is Kess. Kes wanted me to introduce you to him. Kess is also a right shit." She looked at Kess one last time, "There, done. But if you lay a a hand on him..." She stopped and took a deep breathe, "I need to get some air."

As she started stalking towards the exit, she could hear Jake behind her, "Wow... you sure said something to get her riled up..." Oh Jake, Jake, Jake - he was always a sucker for a pretty face and she would have to help him put himself back together tomorrow. But right now she needed to get away from the Kess before she kneed him in the crotch or started a barroom brawl in an establishment that would certainly frown on it.
#260 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:31 AM
Default Edward and Ciara
Ed hooked an arm loosely around the girl's neck when she wasn't looking. She was standing on her own--she definitely looked like prey.
"I'm Edward," he told her smoothly, dipping into a bow that somehow managed to be mocking, extravagant and elegant all at once.
"Ciara," she murmured.
"Do you like motorbikes?" he asked, cheerfully. Without waiting for a reply, he asked, "Were those your friends?" He pointed at the two boys at the bar chatting. Then he repeated the previous question, half-preoccupied by a beautiful girl who he was watching out of the corner of his right eye. She had dark hair and he'd been watching her for a couple of weeks--he'd seen her around. He thought her name was Jess. She was captivating, entrancing. The kind of girl who he'd be prey for, rather than the other way around. He wanted to meet her.
But for now, he'd stick with Ciara. He could do with a friend.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#261 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:46 AM
((poor Jaden isn't getting any action....hmm gotta think of a way to extradite her from her situation....I won't be around for most of today as I'm working but I will be here this evening Of course that's GMT+3 LOL))

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
#262 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 12:01 PM
((Devvy, Ed'll play with her...he likes girls. He's got his eye on Jess, too. Pretty funny for a straight gay boy, yeh? ))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#263 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:18 PM
(((ooc: Just to clarify: the Prince is always approachable. Unless involved in an RP with someone already, in which case he's still approchable. You'll just have to wait outside his office until he's done with the first meeting. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#264 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 7:14 PM
Default Mina with Esther
“I feel remorseful for you, too. Having to smug up to that pathetic excuse for a Prince.” Which Cade followed with cattery laughter. This was soon followed by another comment, before anyone could react to his first. “The line ups for Primogen of this city appal me. So many females…” He grinned to himself, and reached into his pocket to retrieve a pair of black sunglasses before stalking off into the night.

As Cade spoke Mina’s eyes narrowed into slanted pieces of glass. She felt the anger rise and once again reminded herself to stay calm and so her face was almost unchanging and she held her quick tongue. He wanted a reaction. But the fool was playing dangerous games. Insulting the Prince in front of two Primogen did he wish to get his self expelled from the city or worse? Was the elder curse turning on him making him desire death to escape from the years of memories? She could only wonder at his audacity.

When he walked away the icy glare Mina gave his back was unmistakable, she did not like or approve of anything the Brujah said or did. Annoying the hell out of the Primogen in this town would not win him any favours, and could just bring his downfall. Did he honestly think such sexist comments would be accepted in this day and age? Clearly he had been unable to adapt to the passing of time to the new thoughts and ideas that embraced these centuries of enlightenment.

“Delightful isn’t he.” Mina commented her tone like smooth hard steel that dripped with icy sarcasm as Esther cursed in Herbrew. She paused a slight thoughtful smile on her lips before adding a light word of caution. “That disrespect isn’t evident in us all and even when it is one should be careful just when and where it is expressed.” Certainly not all the Primogen liked the Prince or each other, but most had the decently to hold their manners and act like the elders they were. But then after those few seconds Cade was dismissed from her thoughts. One such as he was not worth the trouble. He would bring what he surely deserved on himself she would not need to have any part in it.

Turning to Mina, Esther grinned, "Well, now that the brute has left us, perhaps I may ask a brief question. I too feel that it would be best for me to discuss this situation with the Prince myself. Not being a native to this city and only having been here a short while..." she left that sentence hanging, letting Mina draw whatever conclusions she wished from it. If she gave any hint of her assumptions, it would let her know more f how this one thought. "Would the Prince be available for discussion tonight? Or would tomorrow be better?" She inclined her head slightly, as if in deference to the Tremere.

Mina’s cold gaze warmed slightly as she noticed the slight inclination of Esther’s head and the careful way she formed her words, and her body gracefully slid back around to face her. Here was one who like her passed a moments thought before opening their mouths. A true Nosferatu she remained clear headed. A trait she highly respected, it showed that they considered the options and so their thoughts were well worth her time.

A fellow visitor Mina noted, but did not enquire of her business in the city of her length of stay. If Esther wished her to know then the knowledge would be imparted at will. Although her vagueness left her unsure as to what knowledge Esther had of the Prince and his workings, so she took care to supply details without sounding patronising. “The Prince can usually be found in his Penthouse Office, where we hold council. He was still there when I left but if not then one of his staff will locate him for you. Damien is approachable. Though it pays to remember his title.” She gave Esther a small smile, she doubted this one would make the same mistakes as the Brujah even without her words. “Although you may have to wait if he is otherwise occupied, given the nature of your new position, I am sure he will be happy to accommodate you tonight.”
#265 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:01 PM
((ooc: Is Club Biebuk open yet. It says 9 it opens I was just wounder if it is 9 yet?))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#266 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:04 PM
(((ooc: Sure, it's open. Should be a couple of hours after sunset now, so yeah.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#267 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:27 PM
Default Bee at Club Biebuk
Beyonca needed something to do to pass the time. Watching Ada was a bad idea. Instead she opted to go to the Brujah club,Club Biebuk . Not her usual thing. They were complete opposite of the Ventrue clan but she needed something to do. Plus Cade was an interseting vampire himself. She wouldn't dare try to hook him, but he was a sexy devil. The Prince would have her head for getting involved with him any more than talking when need be. But then there was also Vahn was interesting too. A little on the dangerous side but all Brujah were. Now Tiger was one of a kind. Known to be a vicious one. A smart attitude but killer instincts.
As Bee got to the door she walked in and went down the stairs she could she bouncers and humans everywhere. She simple sat in a seat at the bar with a pissed of look on her face waiting for someone to talk to.
Test Subject
#268 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 9:51 PM
Default Vevila/Michael -- Alric
The giggles that perforated the young pianist's lips sent a tingling along Vevila's spine. There was something inherent in the voices of the living, their laughter, their breath, that sent her into a tizzy. The really magnificent ones, beautiful ones, talented ones; there was an air about them. This girl had that cloud swirling about her in a thick, amorphous cloud, so that it almost obscured Vevila's unusually perceptive senses. Brushing closer to her face, clearer yet somehow more blurry in her view was the face of the woman zooming in to inspect her eyes.

“I must say, your eyes happen to be the strangest, most beautiful things I’ve seen. I don’t believe I’ve seen anything quite like them.”

A minute pang of some ancient emotion fired through her synapses, as if carrying a warning. Those eyes of hers had always been the troublemakers. What had gone wrong when she was turned, to create such a potent and unnatural color? The piercing blue of her human life had intermingled with the bloody crimson of the vampiric life coursing through her veins. Somehow, she had retained colors of both worlds--her own abnormality. She had seen such things in others; vampires with purely scarlet eyes, vampires with excessively small canines--so small they had to struggle to extract the blood they thirsted for. Those gems of eyes that sat so elegantly in the caves of her head. They were her calling card from the fringes of two lives woven into a single mangled and haphazard tapestry.

She would have to inquire with Valerian or Jess about whether she should be concerned. Even though the human most likely was only intrigued by the odd color, it made the inhuman skin wound around her neck prickle with hesitancy. The mask of the girl set firmly in place was difficult to read; the air of humanity obscured Vevila's sight. The smile never faded from her features, however, as she mused alone in the caverns of her mind.

“I can’t wait to work with you! I’ve never been accompanied by a songstress before.”

The questionable eyes of Vevila trailed the movements of the girl as she collected her personal affects and exited the stage. Vevila's hand extended an alabaster finger that struck the nearest ivory key. It sounded a single cacophonus note that sent a few grimaces rippling through the crowd beneath her, raising a few hands to cupped ears. A faint smirk dashed over her lips, and she descended the stage after the girl.

"And I've never been accompanied by a master-pianist myself, which is long overdue..." she paused, stopping just behind the girl to let her silken voice reach her ears. "I'm sorry, I never caught your name." Names. They were key in both life and death. "I'm Vevila," her lips parted just so, plump ruby flesh spreading over invisible teeth. "Vevila van Roemer. It's a pleasure and an honor."

------------

Alric breathed into his hands. They were clammy, paler than the rest of his lightly tanned skin. The warmth of his dewy breath cloaked them in a new heat that banished the cold. Temporarily, at least.

"Damned air conditioning," he cursed under his breath, pulling his jacket closer to his chest as he flipped the lights off in the morgue. Night was rolling in, and with the artificial light gone, the few windows cast eerie shadows and streams of light cascading over the seamless linoleum beneath his feet. From over his left shoulder he could see the first stars of the evening blinking impishly beside the waning moon which hung in solemn observance like the guests at his funerals.

"I'll come for you tomorrow, Ms. Harriford." A crescent smile broke over his lips and he gave a respectful bow to the cabinet inscribed: Harriford, Beatrice. With a half-wave he secured his bag over his shoulder and closed the door quietly behind him, breaking out into the skylight of the open streets.

A quick glance at his watch sent a relieved sigh creeping out of his mouth. The Internet Cafe wasn't too far from there, probably only a block or so. He kept a steady pace, his sturdy legs carrying him the distance with little effort or exertion. Once outisde the building he descended the flight of stairs into the basement where the cafe was located and dashed inside, warming his hands by rubbing them together like two pieces of flint.

He approached the counter and smiled charmingly at the waitress. "One coffee, black." With a quick motion of his hand he withdrew the necessary bills and planted them on the pristine countertop in exchange for the steaming mug. The warmth emenating from the mug seeped into his cool fingertips and instantly warmed him, and he took a seat at a table near the window. Once the mug was set gently down on the table, he carefully took out his laptop and sat his on his lap as he reclined back in his seat, a puzzled look settling over his features.

((Updated Alric's app with simmified pictures of him, and will edit Vevila's with details of her embrace, because I don't like the old one.))

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
#269 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:08 PM
Default Zillah and Carmilla the Haven
Zillah watched as the anger seemed to melt away from Carmilla's body and a soft smile graced her face like the petals of a flower opening to the morning light. She appeared to almost be happy now. Away from her companion. It seemed the first true smile he’d witnessed her make all night. It drew him in, like a baited line, reeling his young mind and lusts to rest upon her ivory face. To see that again, well it would be worth his trouble, truly a smile to steal the stars from the night sky for.

He gazed upon her an idle smile playing upon his lips but the romantic notions were quickly wiped from his mind, vanquished again into a sea of doubt as she responded to his question “Nothing of the sort".

Her answer through him into turmoil and he could not hide the puzzlement that danced though his liquored mind. It seemed she came to stand in a dark sweaty club yet was not interested in any of its gaudy attractions. How very strange.

So was she here only as the man’s plaything? A puppet on a string to dance to his tune, mere decoration on his arm, brought against her will. The thoughts made him shift uneasily from one foot to the other and instinctively his slender toned arms folded in front of his chest. He enjoyed trouble, and was never one to shy away from something he wanted juts because it had a few risks. But he also liked to know what he was getting himself into. Be it a bed of roses or rusty nails.

“So,” Zillah drawled. “I can forget asking you to dance then. Pity I rather liked this song and you look like you’d be the most elegant of dancers. Still you must venture here for something?” He shrugged. “Personally I love the atmosphere of this place, from what I’ve seen. It feels as if you could drown in your drink, take a whirl around the floor then stumble into a taxi right back home. Without anyone caring where you came from or where you’ll end up for tomorrow there’ll be another round of fresh faces. Most charming.”

Zillah laughed, realising he was rambling aimlessly through the drink to fill her eerie silence. But still he was unwilling to ask the question that tormented his mind like a child prodding at a crusty scab. Stuffing his hands in his pockets half closing his eyes as he continued. “Well, if you won’t tell me why you come here, how about you tell me just a little about yourself.” He opened one eye a touch wider to check she’d not yet run off. “Your favourite scent perhaps, or colour?”
#270 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 11:46 PM
Default Michael
"I'm sorry, I never caught your name. I'm Vevila,” the smallest pause passed between them before the vixen continued, "Vevila van Roemer. It's a pleasure and an honor."

“A beautiful name,” Michael caught herself nearly whispering. “My name is…” for a moment her reply hung tightly in the air, the aftershock of which sent rippling waves of tension out between the pianist and the dark goddess. A weighty decision had been placed over her. Should she lie about her name? In the past she had taken such measures to assure her own safety--just in case. And that statement she had made only moments prior rang loudly in her ears, wailing like an alarm through every rut of her mind.
"And I've never been accompanied by a master-pianist myself, which is long overdue..."
Long overdue… It seemed likely that Michael might be twisting innocent words to suit her hopes--and fears. That occasion wouldn’t be the first time such a mistake had occurred. Yes, this time there seemed too many drawbacks for the more cautionary step.

She gave her politest smile and choked back her qualms as best she could, “Michael. Michael Hidenburg. It is an honor to meet you as well, Miss Roemer.” She somewhat hesitantly exposed her hand to the air and allowed it to hover precariously between them. Her eyes locked with the bizarre orbs of Vevilla, careful not to stray past the sultry curve, the dip of her thick lashes that framed them.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#271 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 12:15 AM
Default Valerian
(((ooc: trampled - He looks adorable.
cherry & Elektra - I'm just gonna go ahead with Valerian. Sorry if either of you had anything to add, but it's been almost 24 hours, I need to go to bed in less than 1 hour, and I was getting bored. I love my boy too much to just have him stand around. )))

Having Jessica stand right next to him, obviously slightly annoyed, Valerian figured it would be most unwise of him to keep trying to charm the attractive Tremere. At least for now. No matter how much he wanted to.
But, she was probably right. He probably should get back to sorting things out with the friends of the unconscious girl.

"Well, Sir", he said, turning back to Mihael. "I'm afraid I do still have a few other matters to take care of, before this whole thing can be considered over and done with. It was, however, most pleasant talking to you. And should you ever want a drink fit for your kind, do remember that all you have to do, is say the word. I'm always here."

He gave a soft smile, and then moved to leave, brushing against Mihael in order to walk over to the girls. But as he did, he paused for just a moment as he passed Mihael, gingerly touching his shoulder and adding with a slightly mischievous grin;

"It would be on the house, of course."

And with that, he continued over to the waiting girls.
As expected, he didn't really need more than five minutes to convince them of what they had seen had actually been Ada trying to grab hold of their friend in order to keep her from falling. But alas, she hadn't been fast enough, and their friend had just stumbled backwards and into the fountain, injuring her head in the process. Oh, yes, it was most unfortunate, but as compensation for having had their fun night out spoiled, they would enjoy free drinks all night, should they ever decide to come back?
Oh, good.

He was smiling to himself, once he left the girls. He'd ordered one of the employees to call them all a cab to take them to the hospital, or even home if they'd prefer.
So now, problem solved, and he could get back to doing what he loved most; socializing.
As he made his way back to the bar, he glanced up at the VIP lounge on the second floor. The windows overlooking the dance floor showed that the room was still dark, which meant none of his regulars were up there waiting for him. And while he was relieved that he hadn't kept anyone waiting, he still felt a little prick of disappointment. He rather enjoyed giving Kindred the VIP treatment. Loved it, really. Recieving the Kiss was as much of a thrill to him as giving it was to his clients. Drinking from him had become quite the trend, as his vitae was rumoured to taste sweeter than any other. He had so much humanity left in him, being young, and a Toreador on top of that, and humanity was something every Kindred yearned for, as it kept slipping away from them. Of course, feeding off of humans gave them quite a taste of it, but human blood didn't hold the exciting, powerful ecstacy of Kindred blood.

Sighing to himself, he turned as he reached the bar, and leaned back, resting his elbows on the counter. Just where had everyone run off to? None of the interesting people he had spotted over here twenty minutes ago were still there. But, he decided with a shrug, that didn't matter. New interesting people had arrived instead.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#272 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:21 AM
((DAMN you guys are moving fast. :omg:

I remade Vahn so he looks a little different, I think for the better. Also added quite a bit more history to the application. Please check it out here, everyone.

Now hopefully I can actually come up with the time to freaking RP soon...))
Field Researcher
#273 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 11:27 AM
Default Ciara and Ed/Esther and Mina
The near huddle of people that had gathered at the exit meant that Ciara was not about to get out of The Haven just yet, so she stopped and took a deep breathe. And that was the precise moment when an arm suddenly draped around her neck. She reached to remove it as forcefully as she guessed she could get away with, but the arm's owner had already dipped into a completely unneccesary bow.

"I'm Edward," he told her smoothly.

What was with the freak show this evening? Didn't normal guys go to clubs anymore? "Ciara," she grumbled. But he already seemed distracted, looking back at the bar as he spoke. Great, another one trying to pick up Jake and not me, Ciara thought to herself. Perhaps Jake had brought her to a gay club for laughs. Well, some joke it was in that case - she was having a miserable night.

"Do you like motorbikes? Were those your friends?" He pointed at Jake and Kess.

"One of them is. But Mr. Pale and icy is just a first class bastard," sighed Ciara. "And I just know Jake is going to give him a chance cos Jake is such a sweetheart that he gives everyone a chance." Then Ciara realised she was babbling just a little - hmmmm, that last drink must have been a bit stronger than she thought.

"Do you like motorbikes?" Ed repeated his previous question.

"Motorbikes?" Ciara asked. Well, at least this was slight;y more comfortable than being read like book, "I... I guess. Some of them are really pretty look at, but I can't say I've ever really developed an opinion." She smiled slightly at the memory of when she was a teen and her dad threatened her with all kinds of hell if she dared ride a motorbike... funny what conversations made you think of.

The Tremere gracefully turned around to face her once more. Her cold and austere look seemed slightly less chiseled than a few moments before. Esther doubted that Cade's words had pleased her either. She had remarkable self control.

“The Prince can usually be found in his Penthouse Office, where we hold council. He was still there when I left but if not then one of his staff will locate him for you. Damien is approachable. Though it pays to remember his title.” She smiled, and Esther was ever so slightly suprized that it was not one laden with patronism or disgust, given their clans histories. She was good at this game. “Although you may have to wait if he is otherwise occupied, given the nature of your new position, I am sure he will be happy to accommodate you tonight.”

Esther nodded, bowing slightly at the waist. "Thank you. I hope your night is fruitful. I had better make haste." She smiled at Mina as she stood up from the slight bow and then moved further into the alley, hopping the chainlink fence sequestering their side and started making her way towards the building where the Prince's penthouse office was.
#274 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 1:29 PM
Default Mihael Volckar::Talking with Valerian
ooc: Trampled, he is gawgeous. *____*

The words that spawn from that elegant neonate caught Mihael entirely off guard. It was not as though he was offended by his words, but he had not expected such unabashed comments--flirtations, even? Few neonates, perhaps even Ancilla and a number of Elders, had the proper gut to speak in such a way to the aloof Tremere. Mahogany widened eyes narrowed for a moment as he reflected on Valerian’s words, that coy smile spread thick over his dark lips. No. It wasn’t often such kittenish behaviors directed their attention to Mihael.

A silence lingered there, creating the most exotic atmosphere Mihael had ever witnessed. Never had he been one for the showy Toreador. Perhaps all were not entirely vile, and Mihael would not stereotype each character to that mannerism, though something about the way they presented themselves… He knew he would have to be choosy about his next spoken words, should they be taken out of context, for the good or the bad. Only, a new interruption cleaved that foreign silence with a clean stroke as the Primogen of the Toreador, Jessica, appeared at their side.
“What happened here?” she inquired in a firm tone, body rigid as she glowered at the neonate, eyes hissing unspoken accusations. “Why was that woman passed out?”

Mihael averted his attention shortly thereafter. The conversation no longer concerned him, it would prove him no good to listen in on alien affairs. Instead his gaze fluttered about the room again, noting the center of attention had spread about the room. So many individual conversations. So many bonds being sewn and cut in the same span of time. Even the slightest error, a minute mistake, could bring hours… days… years of constructing a relationship to nothing more than useless rubble. Was an effort so great honestly worth it, when trivial qualms could snap it clean in two?
Certainly not.

“Well sir,” that purr of a voice called out to him once again, and his gaze once more found itself lingering over Valerian’s faultless features. "I'm afraid I do still have a few other matters to take care of, before this whole thing can be considered over and done with. It was, however, most pleasant talking to you. And should you ever want a drink fit for your kind, do remember that all you have to do, is say the word. I'm always here."
Mihael gave him a cool glance, his eyes following him as the younger vampire moved in at a dangerously close proximity, still followed with wariness as Valerian brushed ever so softly against him. His brow jerked upwards as Valerian’s hand then lightly settled upon his shoulder, the presence of which brought the strangest sensation. How long had it been since another had laid a finger on him? No doubt years at the very least, and in that time his senses had heightened from the unfamiliarity of it all, and his flesh prickled as the hand faded away with Valerian’s next words.
“It would be on the house, of course.”

It was an odd thought. Numerous times Mihael had overheard the whispers of how lovely the Kiss was. He had never before tried such a peculiar ritual, then again he had never really given it a second thought. Such pleasures…they weren’t his ‘thing’.
Yet, it was a tempting offer. Valerian was quite a young neonate, still burbling with the verve of human life, something which Mihael long ago lost…and often yearned for. But what became of him when he completed this ‘Kiss’? The sensation would merely fade into nonexistence, leaving him little more than tempted by visions of the past.

“I have my doubts,” he spoke, his voice muffled as the music began to fill the silent voids, “ that I will ever take you up on that offer.”
Mihael locked his arms lazily behind his neck, and turned his gaze upwards towards the ceiling, altering his once austere presence into what could easily be taken as little more than a rowdy teenager.
“Though, your proposal is interesting. Perhaps the most curious thing I’ve heard in years,” he allowed his arms to fall to his side, before he gave a small shrug of the shoulders, a dangerous glint dancing in his eyes, “So, who knows?”
A fox-like smirk boiled on his lips as Valerian paced to his waiting ladies, and Mihael couldn’t help but chuckle as he made his way for the door. He felt like having...a latte, but not before speaking with Ada.
#275 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 2:26 PM
Default Ed and Ciara
Ed listened to Ciara babble patiently, nodding his head when it seemed correct to do so. "That's great! I have a motorbike." He looked off into the distance quickly as he thought about that Jess girl. "It's just you looked miserable," he said honestly, remembering Ciara was there, "and I can do with leaving--it's a bit stuffy in here and there's a girl over there who's making me crazy. I wondered if you wanted to leave with me and go somewhere else--a quieter area?" He noticed her face kind of screw up, as if she were about to frown, and he added, not as smoothly as he could have, "It's okay, I'm not coming onto you. I'm not..." He looked far away for a minute, before murmuring, "I'm not exactly into dating." He beamed, wolfishly, and laughed out, "You're safe with me. I'm not going to hurt you. Or I could take you home? It's just always good to have friends, and even better to have friends who like bikes."

Page 11 of 45