Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#201 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
Yes, it worked! Thank you both, I tried the two solutions and I was able to shot the grid.

Also, Chickie, I should apologize for kinda shoving my playing troubles into your CC thread I assure you it wasn't my intention, it just came along! So also thanks for being so kind and understanding.

That's ok, the mods are all linked in the first post anyway. Glad you got it to work
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#202 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 7:16 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 17th Jul 2022 at 6:25 AM.
This was made to go hand in hand with Snowder's Buffet Table, which you can get here https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=668742.
This will remove the requirement for cooking stations on lots, so you will no longer be forced to have an oven or cauldron before you're allowed to exit buy mode.
The reception hall didn't take kindly to having no requirements at all so I changed it to require an alcohol cask instead. I figured most people probably place one in the reception hall anyway and if not then it's small enough to not get in the way.
Uninstalling the mod won't break anything. if you remove this mod all your lots will still play fine without cook stations, it will only require them to be re-added if you enter buy mode.

Known Issues
If your active sim is in the castle and the camera is far enough outside so that the walls are up, you'll have to click your sims portrait to follow your sim and make the castle walls drop. ONLY affects an active sim who is already inside the castle.
Any quest that requires the monarch to call the servant for food will need a cooking station to complete that particular part. You can place one call for food and then sell it again to make the quest move forward or just click it away if you have testing cheats enabled.

Future updates
The file also includes hero starting funds so I plan to have different versions of this mod. At the moment this file only alters the requirements for cooking stations.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ChickieTeeta_RemoveCookReq2406221953.zip (16.4 KB, 101 downloads)
Page 9 of 9