Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:26 PM
Default Risky woohoo
If you guys have a risky woohoo mod installed (I have Twallan's woohooer mod) what's the chance your sim will get pregnant without "trying for a baby"? I have a 5% chance.

Annoyingly my poor sim was woohooing with her boyfriend and got pregnant -____- She only has one bedroom :')
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:08 PM
Mine is set at 25% and she still hasn't gotten preggers. Not that I'm wanting to have kids yet in my current game. Just figured that I would make it very risky, ya know.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 4:53 PM
Lucky. Mine always seem to get pregnant :')
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 10:54 PM
I have this mod and I altered the risk to 90% so my Sims nearly always get pregnant.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I have this mod and I altered the risk to 90% so my Sims nearly always get pregnant.

If risky woohoo is at 90%, why even keep a try for baby option around, even if it's at 100%?
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff

Whoa! 90%?
Open an adoption agency.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If risky woohoo is at 90%, why even keep a try for baby option around, even if it's at 100%?

The try for baby is option you can't get rid of can you?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 11:39 AM
I wanted to keep it more realistic. If you used a condom correctly they're something like 95% - 99% effective (I don't know the exact figures)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart
I wanted to keep it more realistic. If you used a condom correctly they're something like 95% - 99% effective (I don't know the exact figures)

Yeah but you're making them 90% ineffective.

Imagine if that was the effectiveness of real condoms.

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:29 PM
kampffenhoff is making them 90% ineffective, I'm making them 5% ineffective :P

and this is where this come from.

Damn you virtual condoms.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:26 PM
I just like pregnant Sims. Also, I like to read the messages that come up saying that a certain Sim has had a baby and then read the weird name EA gives them. I like full neighborhoods. I enjoy sending my Sims to parks etc and seeing toddlers and babies around. I have a family called Filler {I'm not playing them} and they now have two sons called Patch Filler and Fuller Filler. Another Family is called Brandt and they have just had a daughter called Willa.

I can't make Patch have a capital, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 10:12 PM
Oh ffs, it happened again -_____- LOL. She got pregnant AGAIN with a 5% chance. She hasn't even got the fertility treatment thing, wtf? She must have a super ovaries -_____-
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 12:29 PM
I've got 10%, and in around 80% cases my sim get pregnant after risky woohoo. Today my teen sim got pregnant after her first woohoo... Geee, how lovely, and her mother is expecting a child too. Good thing I bought bigger house lately.
Instructor
#14 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:12 AM
Mine is set at 5% because no Woo-Hoo is without risk. Also, my Sims never try for baby or regular woo hoo without my permission because, again, no woo-hoo is without risk unless, you know, medical reasons.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 1:32 PM
What do you guys do if you get a townie pregnant with the Risky Woohoo? Do you marry your sim with the townie or are you fine with having an illegitimate child?

I never really use the Risky woohoo option because I already have plans laid out for my sim. I already pick out a suitable wife -to-be for my male sim and didn't want to complicate things with illegitimate children. Does the disgrace for having a child out of wedlock gossip only exclusive for celebrity sims or is that like a universal thing?

Maybe I should just let him go be a man-whore and impregnate every female sim in my town lulz Maybe setting RW to like 30% or something...
Inventor
#16 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Kestie Freehawk : 30th Jun 2012 at 3:43 PM.
kampffenhoff is making them 90% ineffective, I'm making them 5% ineffective :P

and this is where this come from.

Damn you virtual condoms.

Is that a Bunch child? It looks like some I have I ask becasue Darleen seems to have some kind of fertility time bomb if she ends up alone in the house. She had three kids and no husband once when I looked up. I had been feeding my home Life Fruit and didnt notice that the game was set to normal life spans. I had a lot of older men and they all tried to have a kid with Darleen. Here are Arlo's kids (The house I was playing).
Screenshots

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
One Minute Ninja'd
#17 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:52 PM
Arlo really shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Nothing personal, I'm sure the kids are very nice sims.....................................................
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 7:16 PM
If you only have one bedroom, just kill the baby.
Just kidding.

I'm not a psychopat, ya know.

Instructor
#19 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NAJ P. Jackson
What do you guys do if you get a townie pregnant with the Risky Woohoo? Do you marry your sim with the townie or are you fine with having an illegitimate child?

Depends. If the couple wants to be married/be together, then I let that happen. If not, meh.

Ruby Broke (Brooke in my town) had 10 children, some legitimate, some illegitimate. She only lives with two of them. It cracks me up.

Also, the Bunches make pretty babies in my Sims. Nose jobs.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 9:54 PM
I lowered it to a 3% chance, I was getting sick of these unplanned pregnancies :')
Instructor
#21 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:44 PM
I have it on whatever the default is, but I never use Try for Baby. I guess its just kind of a rule that I play by. Although.. my sims have no problems making lots of babies ^__^

IS there a way to hide TFB from the options? :S

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
IS there a way to hide TFB from the options? :S

In [Woohooer] ? Set the "Try For Baby Chance" to "0".

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Instructor
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:06 AM
I knew there had to be that option with Woohooer somewhere. Thanks!

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 1:25 AM
I lowered it to a 3% chance, I was getting sick of these unplanned pregnancies :')

I had mine set to 10% and I still haven't spawned some rugrats. My sim is just lucky I guess, which is true seeing as he has the Lucky trait
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
In [Woohooer] ? Set the "Try For Baby Chance" to "0".

I didn't know it was possible to cancel TFB

And I noticed that the risky Woohoo won't show up on any of the woohoo places in my house. Not on the bed, shower, time machine etc. Only the woohoo interaction is available. It's fine if I visit other homes or if I went on vacation, the Risky Wohoo is available then. Anyone knows why this is?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 2:54 AM
Mine is set at 3%. Working on karma simtra takes a lot of woohooing and really don't want that many babies.
Page 1 of 3