Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#251 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:55 AM
Quote:
One of my sims worked as a stylist and one particular glitchy day she received a request from a Maria Lionheart for a 'Grownup wardrobe'. Thus, the stylist went to her station and waited for some time but the client was *gasp* nowhere to be found! Since the town crazy cat lady, Hetty Lionheart, also worked at the salon and my sim knew her particularly well, I opted to invite her household out via phone and whatdayaknow, there's Babycakes, Mothballs, Maria and WTF, she's a CAT! OMG, Maria must have been turned into one by Hetty the bastardly dastardly evil witch and at the last moment, Maria's only way to save herself from the cat-lish fate was by sending out a profession request to my sim!

Ok, I admit wanting and asking for shapeshifters in the game. Thou this wasn't really what I was hoping for...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#252 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:22 AM
The single most annoying thing for me is the twirl the horses do to get saddled or unsaddled. Gosh. And it takes a while, as well. Hope somebody can script that right out of existence.
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 3:40 PM
For me, I have to say that I've love it so far. By far my favorite expansion, I love the ability to play as the pets, Appaloosa Plains is a gorgeous country town that I'm really enjoying exploring, and the interactions between sims and pets are just too cute. I think one of my favorite things is the houses in Appaloosa are just so spacious. I have my two sims and their three pets in one of the houses near the Equestrian center and the rooms are massive, I really liked that. One of my biggest complaints about EA homes have always been how cramped everything usually felt. I really felt that it really added something to the gameplay and revitalized it as it were.
Mad Poster
#254 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:02 PM
Yeah, Pets came with many glitches, made some things work a different way, and being without my furniture CC, I still love this EP.
This is the reasons why (btw, I love kitties):

The little leg kicking around while they sleep is so adorable.

Now this is a store item, but I love this contraption. So nice for a quick energy boost.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#255 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 7:21 PM
So far, I feel it does what it says on the label with the addition of critters and whatnot. Not a bad expac.

There was one thing that I was thrilled to see above all else. Collections. Finally, I can organise my stuff again!

Beats me why we have to go back to square one each time a new version of The Sims is released with only the basics. Things like collections, elevators, round pools etc. should have been there with the release of The Sims 3 imo.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Mad Poster
#256 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:10 PM
I got it on Friday, and so far, I like it. I'm surprised by how well the horse stuff was done - I spent 15 minutes looking for tall boots, but the helmet, show coat and breeches are nice. I like the little touches like the horse refusing a jump and trotting the cavalettis. It's better than I expected. The game crashed once, but so far no lag (knock wood). Some strange routings like when the sim brushes the dog, they first walk out of the house and then to the farthest corner of the lot.
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:03 PM Last edited by tairourou : 25th Oct 2011 at 12:03 AM.
I discovered something else: Unicorns don't come in 2 colors; they come in 3! My unicorn is gray.
Test Subject
#258 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cherry85
I wish you could enter more than 1 race a day with the horses. I'm sure someone will make a mod soon though.

watched a video on this just click the place twice in a row and can only compete from 5-8
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jrpthepixie
watched a video on this just click the place twice in a row and can only compete from 5-8

Some days there is a 12pm race - might be weekends.
Test Subject
#260 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
It turns out I hadn't told my sister about the EP. She is a casual sims player - she mostly just likes to build things and occasionally play.

A showed my mom the horses in the CAP demo and her reaction was that I needed to tell my sister. When I finally told her today she went mental. She has demanded I go get her a copy and bring it around with me on Wed. as penance for missing Sunday lunch at hers. She's planned out her entire week around getting this game!

I'm pretty sure she's excited about it :P

you have given me ideas think ill blackmail my brothers into getting me this :D
Test Subject
#261 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Limogi
The single most annoying thing for me is the twirl the horses do to get saddled or unsaddled. Gosh. And it takes a while, as well. Hope somebody can script that right out of existence.

lol agreed first time i saw that on a video (dont own the game yet...cry) i was thinking the person was going to get kicked in the head, make it more worth while if they did
Test Subject
#262 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfsbayne
Some days there is a 12pm race - might be weekends.

cool thank you.....man i read all of this hoping i wouldnt be so impaitent to play but it hasnt helped....looking around wondering what i can pawn off
Field Researcher
#263 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:58 PM
^ Why are you triple posting?

My Mum and Dad think I have to prove myself 'trustworthy' to get this EP. Step up from 'NO' though .

My Simblr: Here
Test Subject
#264 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:12 PM
how would i quote but keep reading, read every post lol
Field Researcher
#265 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:44 PM
^ And maybe you can type properly. Punctuation is good. (full stops, capital letters, etc. )

My Simblr: Here
Instructor
#266 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 2:07 AM
How can you get your sim who takes a walk with his dog back home together?

My sim went a bit far with his dog and the dog started to get very hungry so I clicked on the arrow ' go home' .
The sim called a cab and left his dog behind, poor dog had to run all the way home.

Any ideas please?

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Eminence Grise
#267 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Dee~
How can you get your sim who takes a walk with his dog back home together?

My sim went a bit far with his dog and the dog started to get very hungry so I clicked on the arrow ' go home' .
The sim called a cab and left his dog behind, poor dog had to run all the way home.

Any ideas please?

Try clicking on the house instead, in map view, and choose "go here with"? In general, "go with" is what you want for more than one sim.
Instructor
#268 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:59 AM
Ah...I should have thought of that, thank you very much.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jrpthepixie
how would i quote but keep reading, read every post lol

Simple, have two tabs opened in your browser. One tab is opened on your reply page and the other tab is opened in the thread so you can read while you edit your post. :P

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Scholar
#270 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 6:19 AM
Yes, FINALLY a black unicorn! Finally!

Test Subject
#271 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:22 PM
Man I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I've been playing with Pets for a couple of days now and it is AWESOME!! I trained my horses to run fast so I can ride them to work, the neighborhood is just PERFECT for horses due to its big valleys where horses cut through to get somewhere and I just LOVE riding them to the beach(it's the community lot by the beach, a little further from Fox's house). I enter horse races and stuff and I really enjoy a good ice cream now and then from the ice cream van.It's perfect, even though I do not possess a unicorn, nor do i know how to get one. Anyway, this new EP ROCKS!!
Field Researcher
#272 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:38 PM
Nice EP, now I can't tell that it is empty or half-done. i like how the animals look, the ability to control them, and the interactions with them. The new town, AP, is also nice. The only complaints are: the problem with CC (however, there's a fix for it already released and it seems to work as of now), some lag (the game's a bit slower than it was before I installed Pets), and the game crashing in very big towns (I can't enjoy Los Aniegos and Oahu, though both are nice worlds).
Test Subject
#273 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 3:51 PM
Default Love it!
I, too, am really enjoying this new EP. I have re-vamped Rflong7 's "Longview II" World (a personal favorite), and although it was a bit of work adding all of the small animal spawners, everything is working perfectly.

I now have strays, animals in the shelter to adopt, wild horses and deer (curse them). I love the added dimension this gives to the game.

I have been playing the same twenty Sim families for a long time now. So when I populated the new town, after getting it EP ready, I went into Create-A-Household and made twenty new pet families, sometimes just one animal, other times two or three. I then merged each of these animal families with my existing Sim families. My neighborhood is much livelier now, and I have to say that this EP has brought back a lot of the fun I've missed in playing this game.
Test Subject
#274 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Honshu Wolf : 26th Oct 2011 at 8:47 AM.
Default Sam the Horse, a completely quick and undetailed life of a Satan-spawn.
Remember that ungrateful adopted horse I mentioned earlier? Well, (like I care if you do) I named the horse Sam, probably the rarest name for a horse, ever. Since Sam was fortunate enough to possess the Ornery trait, it wasn't until he neared elderhood that my sim was able to mount that mohawked beast.

Here's my sim riding Sam for the very first time in like, a hundred years or something. She was probably too surprised to change out of the awkward pyjama and was ridden through town. Personally, I didn't care anyway since after my sim quitted being a stylist, the general fashion sense of Appaloosa Plains took a serious nosedive to gaga-land.

I reckon it must have been breathtaking to have your bum chafing lovingly with the asphalt street, during steaming afternoons no less. Don't worry though, the hospital can replace yours with a platinum one later on. Selling your house for the replacement is entirely optional, of course.

Typical cleaning session with Sam, always a glitched-up mess. Blame the tricky path-finding system. On the sidenote, you know Pet woohoo is a serious business when both parties get 'tangled up' with one another everytime

Randall's voice: Now that's just nasty.

Anyhow ho hah, my sim forfeited 2 weeks of her job in order to removed the malignant Untrained trait off Sam, successfully trained him up for the international races and look at how he repaid me. Sam rode through the Far Beyond with Grim while my sim was busied questioning people at a bikini party on the other side of town. Sam's sudden expiration granted the household a marvelous 2-day "Passed away" moodlet. Apparently, my sims were bumped out so much that promotion was delayed for a week, the mixology bar was pawned for extra simoleons and my sims emo-ed for ages on the HUD. *mumbles*

Yeah, the dog was hit really hard, but as if I was gonna let him waste his time mourning. He's not gonna live any longer so let's double the sniffing output, shall we? Something along the line of 5 more Tiberium ores until you hit the bucket, hmm?

Inexperienced Sims making baked alaskas = Molotov cocktails.
Scholar
#275 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 6:20 AM
So I went on a bit of a murder rampage with my unicorn's Ignite ability. Now that is entertaining. You can't use it on sims, but with a bit of creativity and timing you can use it to surround them.

My unicorn and the Grim Reaper have an arrangement. My unicorn gives him new souls and he gives the unicorn carrots.

Page 11 of 11