Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 4:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Will a default skin-replacement conflict with non-default skins?
I have an array of non-default replacement skin tones installed onto my game. I never really was into a default replacement because i wanted a variety of skins that would match different sims. But now I'm tired of looking at all the plastic-like NPCs. I know you can't have two default replacement skins for the same Maxis skin tone, but is it possible for someone to have a default maxis skin tone replacement while at the same time having non-default replacement skins? So I would have a default replacement for the Maxis skin tones so that the NPCs would look a little better a all the non-default skins for my sims. Can I do that without causing problems? Thanks...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:53 PM
Good question! I have never really thought about it, but in my game I have 1 Default Replacement skin and a lot of Non default skins, it has not caused any issues in the game. And my townies get spawned with the DF replacement :-) I think it is safe to do so.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:22 PM
Same as gaxili. I used a default replacement skin so any townies that spawn will use that skin and then I have all my other non default skins for my Sims and any townies I give makeovers too. I haven't had any problems. So I think its safe too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:15 AM
Thank you guys