Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 11:29 PM
Default Help with Traits
I have at least 8 sims in one house, I control them all. The problem is, I want them all to know each other's traits...they all have Observant reward, one of them is a Vampire so of course he can learn their traits by reading their minds. But, one of the sims can't learn his (the vampire) last one which is Natural Born Performer.

Jessica
Social Butterfly
Adam
Natural Born Performer
Heather
Genius
Elizabeth
Savvy Sculptor
Kevin
Bot Fan
Gatherer
Derek
Disciplined
Ben
Handy
Lucky
Computer Whiz

No matter how many times I click get to know it never works....and it's annoying as well....can anyone help?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy122
I have at least 8 sims in one house, I control them all. The problem is, I want them all to know each other's traits...they all have Observant reward, one of them is a Vampire so of course he can learn their traits by reading their minds. But, one of the sims can't learn his (the vampire) last one which is Natural Born Performer.

Jessica
Social Butterfly
Adam
Natural Born Performer
Heather
Genius
Elizabeth
Savvy Sculptor
Kevin
Bot Fan
Gatherer
Derek
Disciplined
Ben
Handy
Lucky
Computer Whiz

No matter how many times I click get to know it never works....and it's annoying as well....can anyone help?

Do you have University Life? Try interviewing the Sim with a mobile radio station. That will let them learn all the traits if the interview is successful. Keep in mind that some traits cannot be discovered no matter what, such as Brooding. Natural Born Performer can't be discovered through conversation, but I suppose it can be by interviewing the Sim.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Do you have University Life? Try interviewing the Sim with a mobile radio station. That will let them learn all the traits if the interview is successful. Keep in mind that some traits cannot be discovered no matter what, such as Brooding. Natural Born Performer can't be discovered through conversation, but I suppose it can be by interviewing the Sim.

I didn't know some Traits couldn't be discovered at all, I guess that shows how much I know of the Sims 3 XDD Thanks for your reply! I'll try that out! =)
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:20 PM
On Police carreer you can interview sims and discover traits that way.
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:28 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 10th Feb 2015 at 5:28 PM.
Maybe try thril2's Observe More Sim Traits mod? From one comment on the mod's page:
Quote: Originally posted by thril2
The purpose of this mod is unique. It allows for your Sim to learn more traits about another Sim after purchasing the Lifetime Reward, the Observant Trait.

ETA: I think Architects (from Ambitions) can also interview Sims to find out their traits - it helps with renovating e.g. even if you have a big budget, a Frugal Sim will appreciate you not spending it all (and a Snob will want you to spend it all). Not sure which level this option is available at, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
On Police carreer you can interview sims and discover traits that way.

I tried that and getting one of my Sims to join the Journalism Career and that didn't work, because she couldn't interview any of her friends, I guess because I control them all idk. =/
Alchemist
#7 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:15 PM
I tried that and getting one of my Sims to join the Journalism Career and that didn't work, because she couldn't interview any of her friends, I guess because I control them all idk. =/

What level is your Sim on? They can start interviewing Sims at level 3 of Journalism career.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 10:04 PM
What level is your Sim on? They can start interviewing Sims at level 3 of Journalism career.

She's at Level 3 but, it won't appear for them. I think I've had it like this before in another gameplay long ago where I couldn't interview the family or ppl he or she was living with...
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM
Maybe this will help you out a bit: Scroll down to "How Can My Sim Learn The Unknowable Traits Of Another Sim" on THIS PAGE .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Maybe this will help you out a bit: Scroll down to "How Can My Sim Learn The Unknowable Traits Of Another Sim" on THIS PAGE .

The page gives me this: This page can’t be displayed. Is the site and everything correct? =/ I tried a mod and read that I was suppose to put it in bin/Gameplay and it doesn't work...
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 12:31 AM
The page gives me this: This page can’t be displayed. Is the site and everything correct? =/ I tried a mod and read that I was suppose to put it in bin/Gameplay and it doesn't work...

Well, for one thing, I don't know of any mod that would be installed by placing in the bin/gameplay folder. Mods normally go in the mods/packages folder since, well, forever. Once upon a time to use a mods folder you did need to put a special .dll file in the bin/gamplay folder to make the mods folder work, but that was back in 2009 to 2010. Perhaps you didn't install the mod properly so it's not working?

And yes on your earlier observation. You cannot interview other sims who are active in your household, either as a journalist or police officer.
Alchemist
#12 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 5:27 AM

That link Barbarat shared was broken. Here's the correct link: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Moodle...es+Traits+Needs

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 6:35 AM
Very sorry about that link...don't know what happened there and Thanks nikel23.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
That link Barbarat shared was broken. Here's the correct link: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Moodle...es+Traits+Needs

I've read up about this a lot, and I've wanted to download it at one point, but I don't know if it's actually safe to use....
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:03 AM
I've read up about this a lot, and I've wanted to download it at one point, but I don't know if it's actually safe to use....

MasterController is very, very safe to use. All the Nraas mods are "safe", and add a great deal to enhance the game experience. Some, such as Overwatch, and ErrorTrap, are invaluable at keeping your game running well. I would partake in what they have to offer. I doubt you will regret it. Just read up on them before using, as they have lots of nifty options, and be sure to install them correctly in a working mods/package folder in the proper location.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
MasterController is very, very safe to use. All the Nraas mods are "safe", and add a great deal to enhance the game experience. Some, such as Overwatch, and ErrorTrap, are invaluable at keeping your game running well. I would partake in what they have to offer. I doubt you will regret it. Just read up on them before using, as they have lots of nifty options, and be sure to install them correctly in a working mods/package folder in the proper location.

That's good to know...I'll start reading up on everything on there. =)
Alchemist
#17 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:09 AM
It's totally safe, just remember to download the version that's made for your patch level, or you could encounter some issues.
Also, I'd recommend getting most of the Nraas suite BUT read up on them first and install them one at a time - not because it's unsafe or anything, but to see what every mod does. Downloading everything at once can be overwhelming

A small tip: after you finish configuring your mods, export their settings. That way you won't have to go through the same tedious setting-up process each time you start a new game - you just choose "Import Settings" instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
It's totally safe, just remember to download the version that's made for your patch level, or you could encounter some issues.
Also, I'd recommend getting most of the Nraas suite BUT read up on them first and install them one at a time - not because it's unsafe or anything, but to see what every mod does. Downloading everything at once can be overwhelming

A small tip: after you finish configuring your mods, export their settings. That way you won't have to go through the same tedious setting-up process each time you start a new game - you just choose "Import Settings" instead.

Okay thanks, I'll do that! =)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:33 AM
Many of the Nraas mods have a tuning file that can be d/l'ed, which can be edited to make personal settings persitant (though that require basic knowledge about XML mods and howto edit such).
So if one doesn't know howto do that sweetdevil's tip is better.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..