Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:36 PM
OK, I have to admit. Altho I wasnt thrilled about the unicorns, the black one is pretty cool...so I had to have it

And I am finding the "horse gnomes" rather amusing too.

Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
@LadyHawke: I can see them; you're not doing anything wrong.

Thanks for letting me know!
Field Researcher
#153 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:21 AM
Horse Gnomes are so cute. They have such dished faces :lovestruc

My Simblr: Here
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#154 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:32 AM
First pets I made (prepare for cuteness):

PM me with a request!
Field Researcher
#155 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:22 AM
Adorable. I love the way the cat is playing with the bathroom and the dog is on the bed with the Sim :lovestruc

My Simblr: Here
Inventor
#156 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:30 AM
What the... it's 3:30? where did the day go?!

Yeah... safe to say it's a good EP... and now I'm off to bed....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Scholar
#157 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:33 AM
So, anyone else run into this? Unicorn refused my request for him to move in until I had befriended a pet of every species (dog cat and horse at least). The demand was so vague I found that out pretty much by accident.

I've run into some serious "Sims 3 has stopped working crashes" since the install, not too thrilled.
Scholar
#158 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:49 AM Last edited by lazzybum : 21st Oct 2011 at 9:04 AM.
I just installed an hour ago. First thing I did was get a cat. I didnt try the Pets Demo so this was my first time using it. I love how you can have different size cats, ex: Main coons are huge cats. I like how there's more interactions with the cats, like brushing, lasers, and carrying. And that cats can hide under sofas :D

I only played one sim day and I had a bunch of wild horses walk through my backyard, I saw 3 deers, and a racoon. Although this autonomy of wildlife creatures around the hood is great, it seems like a bit too much? Or maybe I just got lucky and was able to see many in one sim day.

I agree with others that notice that cats/dogs walk too slow. I just caught a turtle and them turtles have faster movements than cats and dogs >_>.

ETA:
Welp, I went back to TS2 when I got tired of all the routing problems. Nevertheless, I think this pack is a great improvement from TS2 pets. Kudos for them for adding more creatures, they coulda easily cheaped out and not add horses when this requires more animation and money. Theres still things about TS2 pets which I like better though. I didn't have too much expectations but it was still alright. The bugs and the unfinished feeling of the pack brings it down a notch. But then again, all TS3 EPs feel unfinished, right?
Field Researcher
#159 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:27 AM
I think you just got lucky! I haven't seen many around my homes. I've only had a stray cat or two over several days.
Inventor
#160 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 3:47 AM
This is a great EP indeed! The animals are fun to play as and breed, and the unicorns are so cool! I don't really miss werewolves TOO much :P

I'm wondering though, do wild horses/unicorns spawn in custom hoods? I'd kind of like to play in a custom hood and include horses and unicorns but I don't want to waste my time setting it up if they don't spawn.
Eminence Grise
#161 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
This is a great EP indeed! The animals are fun to play as and breed, and the unicorns are so cool! I don't really miss werewolves TOO much :P

I'm wondering though, do wild horses/unicorns spawn in custom hoods? I'd kind of like to play in a custom hood and include horses and unicorns but I don't want to waste my time setting it up if they don't spawn.

What we were told before release was that they will, if the hood is set up as a suburb (like SV) and not a city (like Bridgeport). You should be able to tell from the icon on the world pic which type it is.

They said the animals will spawn near small parks, beaches, and fishing holes, so you may need those lot types, don't know.

Can't confirm that any of this works as expected though Try it and tell us what you find out!
Is Claeric
#162 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:17 AM
WHy do horses walk so slow!! If I tell a horse to go somewhere it takes them all day because they walk. They only run if someone rides them and knows how to ride them. My horse can't get to the jump sticks to exercise because he takes all day to go there.
Test Subject
#163 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:18 AM
Is it me or does the ice cream truck never leave? Maybe I'm imagining things, but I swear it's out there for days before finally going away.
Inventor
#164 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 5:56 AM
I'm noticing that, if you target select cats, you can't see them if you have the menu up (like for motives, wishes, etc). I'm also noticing that they cast shadows THROUGH stairs, beds, chairs, and couches so that the shadows will appear on the floor even if there is something between the cat and the floor.

Also, weren't cats supposed to be able to catch butterflies? Mine don't seem to be able to...

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#165 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:06 AM
They made a whole new model for the deer, but couldn't be bothered with the raccoons?! They're CLEARLY just cats that make raccoon noises. B(
Scholar
#166 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:15 AM
Just noticed two new Lifetime Achievement awards. There's one that boosts the increase to the social stat you get from interacting with animals, which might be nice, but the real powerhouse looks like it might be the 25K point one. It supposedly makes horses/dogs/cats live longer and makes the minor pets (lizards etc) less likely to die. Think I may have to take that with my horsewoman to get more money out of each horse.

And yeah, that darn ice cream truck is parked outside my house right now. I swear we're all going to look away for a second and he's going to kidnap the sims...
Mad Poster
#167 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:31 AM
Where are you finding unicorns? I've been looking for them but all I can manage to find are a bunch of wild horses.
Scholar
#168 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
They made a whole new model for the deer, but couldn't be bothered with the raccoons?! They're CLEARLY just cats that make raccoon noises. B(

Yea I thought raccoons were cats a few times. I think the deer uses the horse's walk animation. They walk weird for deers lol.
Scholar
#169 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Where are you finding unicorns? I've been looking for them but all I can manage to find are a bunch of wild horses.

When a Unicorn spawns I've noticed you can see a sort of rainbowy column from Map View, but they seem to only show up at night, I think. If you're talking about the new town, I seem to get them up by the pond with the waterfall a lot.
Alchemist
#170 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:00 AM
Unbelievably awesome! EA really self-improved this time! I lurve it! And, OH MY GOD, we can have different looking kittens and puppies, that's really something!!! And the horses, oh, the horses... I'm speechless! I haven't played it for too long since it just came out today, but it's awfully awesome!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#171 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 7:46 AM
Are the ears on anyone else's foals always turning out white? If not, color me confused. Especially since as far as I can tell from bringing the foals into Create A Sim (Create A Horse?) there doesn't even seem to be an ear marking possibility...

Edit: answered my own question. Apparently all my foals are secretly white with a particular almost-full-body marking on top in the darker color, and EA neglected to include the ears in that marking so there's that sharp line delineation there where the white shines through. Huh.
Field Researcher
#172 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:13 AM
I love your pics ladyhawke!
I wasn't fussed about TS3 until the arrival of horses, now I wish I could afford it. I'm guessing its going to turn a lot of sim players over to the pudding side.
Field Researcher
#173 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:03 AM
hi all! Ok so when I got pets I realized that if I want to play at all I have to install it for my four year old daugter, otherwise I will never see my own game. She loves it! She has a family of two sims,a dog, a cat and two horses. So far she only set fire to the house once. She rides her horses everywhere, walks around the hood as her pets, catches things and generally has a ball. I had to help her get to sleep because she was completely sim crazed.

As for my own game, I have a husband and wife, each with a horse and I have one farm cat. I must say I am so impressed. My game has no lag, no routing issues, no issues at all so far. I love my horses and they are great to play, They seem to be complete overachievers and want to win all competitions, the only problem is that I have yet to find the option to enter racing competition not greyed out at the centre.

My female horse Smoke is pregnant and I can"t wait to see the foal. My male sim runs around the hood befriending all the wild horses (his lifetime wish is to adopt a unicorn) My female sim is becomming a great farmer and my cat hunts all the time, just like a real farm cat. Now that I read this it sounds really boring but I must say I am so pleased, it is just like I imagined it to be. yay pets!
Field Researcher
#174 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:09 AM
Oh I almost forgot. I went to the pet shelter thingy near my house and couldn't get in because the lady was in labour on the lawn.Everyone was ignoring her so my sim took pity on the poor thing and took her to the hospital and then wanted to "be with mother" !? I didn't know sims can do this with complete strangers, how bizarre! He still has not actually met her.
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 10:28 AM
Okay, I'm officially confused.

I spent a lot of time kind of mad that I wouldn't be able to get the pet store because I wasn't getting the LE, because they weren't going to have it at my local store. I just got the game (The store opened an hour ago, I was the second person through the door - behind a guy buying the batman game) and I've installed, I went to download my registration items and the store was in my purchase history o_O

Not that I'm complaining, but I'm trying to figure out something. Does everyone get the store, not just the LE buyers? Does the store not contain the items and is actually just a building? I seriously must be out of the loop here.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Page 7 of 11