Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13126 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nirar22
I have a whole day and a half to myself---what shall I do??? lol Hubby and kids are camping, yes, I stayed behind. Not much of a camper, especially in a cow pasture, thank you very much! (A bunch of trikers (3 wheel motorcycles) are all camping and doing trike games.)

I also have a new shiny. I've been saving up for a laptop so that when I go with my hubby in the truck, I can bring my Sims along. Our old laptop barely runs just the Sims3 base game. We were looking at laptops, and the one I wanted was several hundred over what I had saved---but he chipped in the rest and said consider it my anniversary present. Best present ever! lol (We've been married 20 yrs as of Sept.10, together for 22---I bet that sounds ancient to some of you guys, haha! )

Anyway, so I have an Alienware 17, windows 7 for program compatibility. The salesman tried to sell me on windows 8, but I was not interested. It's a beast of a laptop though, it's heavy!

Yay for more updates! I'm super excited to read Misty's---I already know I'll love it!!

Oh, as for Sims4---I'm still getting it on Tuesday. It's pre-paid, I just need to pick it up, but I am not abandoning Sims3, I have way too much time and money invested in it, lol Plus, Colin is in Sims3, and he won't ever be in Sims4, there is no way to replicate him, he's one of a kind. :lovestruc

Wow, congratulations! My anniversary is in September as well but it'll only be 6 years for us. What a wonderful, wonderful anniversary to celebrate. Congratulations again. And on your present too. :D

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#13127 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:14 AM
Thank you Heaven! The only thing I dislike so far, is there isn't an actual eject button for CDs, you have to push this FN key and the F4 key to eject stuff. Which is dumb, in my opinion, lol

Edit---and Happy (early) Anniversary to you and your husband too. September is such a beautiful month for a wedding, with the fall colors, yet still a little of summer's warmth left.

@urunwa---I forgot to say---loved that picture. He looked just as I imagined him! :P

Nirar's Nest: My TS3 Stories, Sims, and Builds hosted by TFM's Sims Asylum
You must be registered to view the site. :)

Kahekili Random Legacy My Random Legacy story blog
The Stone Kings A Medieval Random Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#13128 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:56 AM
Happy anniversaries, all around! Mine and Kevin's six year anniversary is coming up in October We always get confused as to which date is our actual anniversary, because we changed the date of our wedding at one point, from 10-17 to 10-18, and then changed it back. A couple years ago we ran across our marriage certificate and realized we'd been celebrating the wrong date, lol.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13129 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nirar22
Thank you Heaven! The only thing I dislike so far, is there isn't an actual eject button for CDs, you have to push this FN key and the F4 key to eject stuff. Which is dumb, in my opinion, lol

Edit---and Happy (early) Anniversary to you and your husband too. September is such a beautiful month for a wedding, with the fall colors, yet still a little of summer's warmth left.

Oh that IS weird!

Well...we got married in Florida. So September in Florida is pretty much just summer. And hurricane season. With lots of love bugs. Which are attracted to lighter colors, especially white. It was definitely an experience! Our first anniversary was in Virginia though and it was beautiful that time of year.

Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Happy anniversaries, all around! Mine and Kevin's six year anniversary is coming up in October We always get confused as to which date is our actual anniversary, because we changed the date of our wedding at one point, from 10-17 to 10-18, and then changed it back. A couple years ago we ran across our marriage certificate and realized we'd been celebrating the wrong date, lol.

Hahahahahah! That's hilarious.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#13130 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:45 AM
Happy upcoming anniversary to all ya'll! I just celebrated my fourth anniversary with my partner (which is an obnoxious way of saying husband, but I feel weird saying "husband" so I use "partner" because "man-I-married-because-I-guess-I-love-him-and-all-the-tax-incentives-and-stuff-are-nice" is too wordy). We both forgot to get each other gifts, so we're perfect for each other.

So my next chapter is either going to be filler, or a very long back story about a character who I think is liked by many of you. I'm still making up my mind. Filler would be nice for me because this last week was very, very hectic. I've been toying with the idea of starting a second blog for back stories about secondary or tertiary characters. However, it would probably be straight up short stories with very few pictures, so I don't know if anyone would be interested.

Top Secret Researcher
#13131 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:39 AM
As an aside, those of you who read my website or follow me on tumblr know I was doing some contests recently to get rid of the rest of my simpoints for the sims 3 store. I didn't mention that here because I always feel weird about promoting myself, but anyway, I am really happy that some of you have submitted sims for the latest contest. Like, really happy, so thank you! That said, I wouldn't mind having a couple more judges to help me determine the winners. PM me if you're interested and can be available for input over the next few days. The winning sims will be added to my legacy village, so it makes sense that readers here would have an idea of what sims might be the best fit.
Scholar
#13132 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:28 AM
I'm not dead! : D

2.17 - This is War

In which we see some familiar faces. One of which I'm sure none of you missed. : )

I've been working almost everyday these past few weeks to be able to afford school this September. I'm still about $700 short but thats way better than the $5.5k I was short in June! So proud of myself! And I still have a week left!

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#13133 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:16 PM
Popping in to drop my update too:

Chapter 2.14 - Just...Friends

How is it possible to love pixel dollies this much?? I've honestly never loved my sims as much as I love this family. I'm not looking forward to when the spares have to move out.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Alchemist
#13134 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:04 PM
Happy Anniversaries all around!

I've finally got my new legacy blog started, with an Introduction for new readers not already familiar with my legacies, and the first chapter.
Since I"m starting fresh, I wanted to make it so new readers would not need to have read any of the previous legacy. But the first chapter is a bit of a transition from one world to the next (literally), so there's a few mentions. And so, I wrote up a brief introduction to explain anything you'd need to know. After the first chapter, the past stuff will not come up anymore.

Introduction

Chapter 1: Tomorrow Never Knows

And I'm still way behind on my reading, but I am working on catching up to all your legacies.
Inventor
#13135 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:00 PM
And I...don't have an update. Yet.

However, I did break the writer's block, and I did get some work done on the next chapter. I just didn't get enough done to confidently release it.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#13136 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:00 PM
Reya, that's definitely something to be proud of! I'm proud of you too, that's dedication to education.
Field Researcher
#13137 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:00 PM
Update: Chapter 2.20 Daydreamer

I'm proud of you as well, Reya! That's a lot of money to make in two months! I hope it's nice there for you :D

And happy anniversaries all around! I don't have all too much to add on anniversaries but September's a good month to have a birthday in. No one's ever on holiday and it's always warm over here in September

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
#13138 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by urunwa

I'm so so so so so SO sorry to drag this out of the depths of the previous page (My baby girl had surgery this week, I'm behind and taking advantage of drug induced happy time and hubs being home to help to catch up) This stinking made my day! Seriously. I needed it. Thank you, Urunwa! :lovestruc *hugs. Marco ought to be "He of the flowing locks" more often. Rowr!
To make up for my super inexcusable lateness have some pics of Roger's Alterego 'Bad Boi Rog' lol They were up on Tumblr so I know a lot of folks have seen them already.

And Happy Anniversaries!

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Inventor
#13139 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:38 AM
Happy Anniversary to those of you that are having anniversaries!

I've been working on this for a long time; Chapter 8 is finally finished!

Generation 1 is starting to wind down. In two or three chapters, Samantha will take over as heir!

Field Researcher
#13140 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:24 PM
Oh, more anniversaries! Happy Anniversary!

@Heaven---married in Florida? How neat!

@Misty---LOL, love it! At least it was mutual! :P

@Sunny---I hope your daughter is doing well, I've been the surgery route many times, and it's always hard to see them hurting. *hugs*

@Cali---I am so happy to see you playing/writing again! I can't wait to read it!

@Cece---wow! That is quite an accomplishment!

I'm proofreading my next chapter, probably not as well as I usually do though. I hope to post it sometime tonight, because tomorrow Sims4 comes out, and I might be distracted for a while, lol I will also go through and answer all the comments from last chapter, like I usually do, same day I release another chapter, lol Then it looks like I have some more updates to read. Yay!

Inventor
#13141 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
One of the first things I plan on doing in three and a half hours is getting my bearings in TS4 so I can port the RLC to that game.

Three and a half hours to go...I can't wait! <turns on SWTOR>

Field Researcher
#13142 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:21 AM
I ordered my Sims4 game from gamestop, so will have to wait until they open. I don't trust Origin and their policies, so I prefer physical discs.

And I have an update, yay!

Chapter 85: What about Bob?

I love that movie, Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray are hilarious. And no, the chapter has nothing to do with that movie, lol As promised, this chapter is not as sad as last chapter, I still have some sad stuff in (like abusive relationships) but it's much happier than the last one. I think anyway! Jack builds a bot, named Bob. He's a Bobbot, haha! Luna has another baby---but just who is the father? :D

edit: cause I fail at names, lol

Inventor
#13143 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:04 AM
OK, having played around a bit with TS4, I think that porting the challenge might be more than I can do alone.

That said, I did copy the TS3 rules into a Word document and changed the stuff that obviously can't make it in TS4. I've attached said Word document; please let me know what you think! I really want to get a TS4 RLC going!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RLC Rules Document for porting to TS4 draft.zip (30.1 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Word document - draft of the TS4 version of the RLC rules

Scholar
#13144 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM
Alchemist
#13145 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
Duckie, The Random Legacy Challenge was created by tigger89. I've seen her posting in the Sims 4 section here, so she has the game. I don't know if she's planning on making an RLC for TS4, but you should ask her first before you start your own.
Field Researcher
#13146 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:56 AM
Is it so quiet on here because everyone is enjoying their new shiny? (Well, those who'd got it, anyway. I still remain proudly TS4 free)

Anyway, I have a question. It's more about SP than the RL rules, but since it affects my legacy save I decided I'd ask you guys. My game is getting increasingly more laggy when I play and I read somewhere that 'Cleanse the dead' can possibly help with that issue. My question is, will cleansing the dead remove sims from the family tree? Since it deletes those graves and all. :/ I don't mind losing those graves, I just don't want my family tree to be broken.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Forum Resident
#13147 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:59 PM
*pokes her toes in the water* You may.... or may not...... be seeing me in the future

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Field Researcher
#13148 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:57 PM
Update: Chapter 2.21 Loonies in a Lift

I think the quietness is due to the new shiny (even though it's not yet out here in the UK I don't think). I still don't know if I'm going to get it or not. I think most likely not for now, until I see proper game play.

Personally, I kind of want this thread to stay just TS3. That may just be me thinking that, and I think it probably is, but I don't think it'll be the same with TS4

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Alchemist
#13149 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FutureCarrie?
Update: Chapter 2.21 Loonies in a Lift

I think the quietness is due to the new shiny (even though it's not yet out here in the UK I don't think). I still don't know if I'm going to get it or not. I think most likely not for now, until I see proper game play.

Personally, I kind of want this thread to stay just TS3. That may just be me thinking that, and I think it probably is, but I don't think it'll be the same with TS4

This thread is for the Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge. If the challenge gets ported to TS4, it will need it's own thread in the TS4 section of the site (I haven't seen a challenge section there, but the game is still new.)

I haven't got 'the new shiny' myself, but I am really involved in playing my legacy. I post a lot about it on my tumblr...I don't want to spam this thread with pictures, so I don't post that stuff here as much.

Anyway, Ann, it's a long time since I've cleansed the dead, so I'm not sure how it affects family trees. But I do know it only cleanses the dead who don't have gravestones in the world itself. Only the dead whose stone/urn has never been claimed from the mausoleum and placed in the world are removed. So if you don't get a real answer from anyone else, you can make a trip to mausoleum and pick up your dead ancestors and place them in the graveyard first to make sure they re safe. =)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13150 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
I haven't done cleanse the dead either but what cali said sounds logical. I'd also recommend following this tutorial to clean up your save some. It really helped with my Avendales.

Also, squeee! Kayla! Please, please, yes let us see you again soon!

Page 526 of 676