Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:56 AM
Default Does Patch 1.50 Ambitions Fog Emitters require re-install all pre Seasons lots?
Question is about this patch note:

"The Fog Emitter that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions has been updated to transition properly to the new base game Fog Emitter object. Any lots created with The Sims 3 Ambitions fog emitters that were installed since the release of The Sims 3 Seasons will have to be reinstalled for the emitter effects to play properly."

How can I determine whether or not my lots have been installed with ambitions fog emitters? I have never installed fog emitters before, but I do believe they come with standard content and are in the background anyway. Does this mean that I have to make copies of all my lots installed after the release of seasons and reinstall them after deleting them?

Thank you for any help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 5:12 PM
Fog emitters generate visual effects, and are not there unless they were actually placed. If a lot doesn't have visual effects when it should have them, it had a fog emitter. (Or you can go into Buy Debug and check the lots to see if there is a little ball somewhere on the lot. If there is one, check to see if it's a fog emitter.)

You should not have to do anything with a lot that a fog emitter was never placed into.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:21 PM
The problem is with the original fog emitters that came with Ambitions. These were summarily deleted and they started using a different FE with the 1.42 patch (I think that was Seasons?).

The way they did it was not a direct override/replacement; the new FEs were actually different objects than the old ones, so the old ones simply disappeared from the game; eg they were broken by the patch.

So the NEW patch is providing a replacement FE for those.

If you placed any FEs after the 1.42 patch, those will still work.

If you have lots that were created WITHOUT the 1.42 patch, whether you downloaded them or created them yourself, that had FEs on them, those are supposed to be "fixed" by the current patch - but I can't remember off the top of my head what they said about how to make sure the fix gets applied.

I THINK they said to redownload any borked lots? Which implies to me that the old FEs would have been deleted from the game after 1.42, like any other missing object, and to get the replacement object to apply you have to bring in the original file with the old FEs still in it so they will still be there to BE replaced as they would already be gone from your game. I hope that makes sense.

I could be wrong about how that is actually going to happen, I can't remember exactly what they said to do to get things fixed. I should go look that up, but I'm not feeling very well so ... hopefully someone else won't mind checking that out.

Basically anything created post 1.42 will continue to work, and anything created BEFORE that was already broken, so the worst that can happen is that nothing will change for you.

At BEST, if you follow their directions for any borked lots, the old broken FEs will be fixed and the new ones will continue unchanged.