Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#5576 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I read somewhere you can allow your sim to take multiple classes a day in university. How does this work if it's true? I just want it to end...graduate already--this bouncing from college to home and back is making me crazy (long loading times on my subpar computer, just boring....)

Pretty sure, you can get 3 classes max. (we're talking about the Rabbtihole ones, right?). It depends on the number of credits you apply for when you enroll (36 or 18 = 3 classes, 24 or 12 = 2 classes, 12 or 6 = 1 class, not counting the activities and lectures).

But, do you take the Aptitude Test (University Welcome Kit ; Buy Mode > Study > Hobbies & Skills) before you enroll your sims in University?
You can get free credits for skills and some traits. When you know that you have to get 48 credits for a degree and only can apply for 36 max, this is something to think about if you want to get a degree in just one visit.

Alternatively, there is a mod to reduce the number of credits required to get a degree, for future students?

Just like barbarat, I was going to suggest setting up a Homeworld University, if the travelling is getting to you and you have the space in your town.
Advertisement
Instructor
#5577 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:36 AM
Thanks a bunch guys, other then NRAAs saver and story progression I am not sure what mods I have installed, it has been a while so i will have to check.

I will give some of the mods linked to a try. I know I had one that stopped it from happening before but I guess I lost the file when my hard drive crashed, if you want the whole story on that I have a video on Youtube where I talk about how the "game" Mall Tycoon wiped my hard drive this past winter. Any way I know the mod I had required going into a menu like story progression and resetting some numbers so the aliens will not show up, but that is all I remember about it.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now but things are a little crazy at the moment with my internet going in and out.

One thing it is always the same sim in a house hold that gets taken and when i play with only one sim in a household it doesn't happen at all and I know i don't have any alien mods in my game, at least I don't remember getting any but my memory isn't the best right now.

Any way thanks for your help and I will let you know what works.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Site Helper
#5578 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Any way I know the mod I had required going into a menu like story progression and resetting some numbers so the aliens will not show up, but that is all I remember about it.

Take a look at Retuner. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner+Interactions
Might this be the mod?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#5579 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Take a look at Retuner. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner+Interactions
Might this be the mod?

THAT'S IT!

The moment you put the name up i remembered it now, thanks a bunch. You just saved me a whole lot of time in game!

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Site Helper
#5580 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:24 PM
You're welcome. I've never used it, but I thought that sounded like the way it works.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#5581 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 4:44 PM
Hi guys! Quick question. Does the OMSP resizer work on wall objects? Specifically a basic clock I've mounted on to a town hall I built. I kind of want it to have a bell tower look but the clock needs to be bigger.
Site Helper
#5582 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:18 PM
If you can get it onto the OMSP it would work. I have no idea if you can get it onto the OMSP or not, since wall objects are generally designed to go exclusively onto a vertical surface and an OMSP is a horizontal surface. You can try it and see.

(If it doesn't work, you might be able to use a combination of a tipsy OMSP and an OMSP resizer to enlarge one of the planter bowls from Supernatural and turn it into a larger frame around the clock. It still wouldn't be ideal, but it would give the impression of a bigger clock. Especially if you got creative with the CAST tool. )

Instructor
#5583 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You're welcome. I've never used it, but I thought that sounded like the way it works.

Well I just did and just like before it did the trick, now my sim will not starve to death or lose his job.

My PC specs.
Scholar
#5584 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 11:34 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 14th Jun 2016 at 1:44 AM.
Thanks for the help!
Lab Assistant
#5585 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 6:04 AM
Strange question...is it possible to have more instruments in the game and have a bigger band? Or have double instruments and be able to play at public venues? I wanted to make my IRL band in the sims and have us play shows, but I can't at the moment.

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Scholar
#5586 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BMVagabond
Strange question...is it possible to have more instruments in the game and have a bigger band? Or have double instruments and be able to play at public venues? I wanted to make my IRL band in the sims and have us play shows, but I can't at the moment.

I've actually thought about this as well, as far as I know you can get instrument meshes but they often produce the same sound (basically, look different but sound the same as an instrument already available).
Around the Sims 3 has a guitar converted from the sims 4 as well as a mandol and a banjo and maybe some pianos, EA has a fiddle, I think anything else you find is going to be along those lines, but I personally haven't continued my search in a while so i may be wrong.
Test Subject
#5587 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 7:26 PM
Alright, this is the weirdest thing ever, so I figured I might as well post it in stupid questions...

Basically, I used to play TS3, then I uninstalled it and currently I'm not really able to install it again. But, the thing is, I need screenshots of my last played family and. whoops. haven't made any back when I played the game.
I have the save files, I had all the expansion packs and no mods (except Overwatch, but if I remember correctly that shouldn't really matter). So, is there anyone who has all EPs installed who'd be willing to load my poor old save and take a few screenshots? I promise lots of virtual hugs in return.
Lab Assistant
#5588 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 3:11 PM
Is it normal for stray animals and wild horses to spawn in Oasis Landing?

I had a dog spawn in the base area you usually live in once before Error Trap removed it, and a few days ago I found 2 wild horses in the Wastelands that didn't get removed by Error Trap (other than them having routing errors).
Site Helper
#5589 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kotoliszka
Alright, this is the weirdest thing ever, so I figured I might as well post it in stupid questions...

Basically, I used to play TS3, then I uninstalled it and currently I'm not really able to install it again. But, the thing is, I need screenshots of my last played family and. whoops. haven't made any back when I played the game.
I have the save files, I had all the expansion packs and no mods (except Overwatch, but if I remember correctly that shouldn't really matter). So, is there anyone who has all EPs installed who'd be willing to load my poor old save and take a few screenshots? I promise lots of virtual hugs in return.

I would be willing to help you out, but I'm missing something like 6 or 7 EPs....

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5590 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl
Is it normal for stray animals and wild horses to spawn in Oasis Landing?

I had a dog spawn in the base area you usually live in once before Error Trap removed it, and a few days ago I found 2 wild horses in the Wastelands that didn't get removed by Error Trap (other than them having routing errors).
It's not normal. You are probably using NRaas Traveler? If you do you should be able to disallow wild animals spawning with NRaas Register.
Scholar
#5591 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 10:47 AM
The inappropriate trait seems a bit weird... okay, so you can do some proper washing at sinks. That's great. But your Sim will not do that if it is not an enclosed space they are alone in? Seriously? You are inappropriate enough to wash yourself at any sink, but going nude is suddenly not okay? (I suppose this would not be a problem, if they also have Never Nude)

How do I make believeable designs for Asian or black Sims? I mean, I want to create a variety of them in my world - I already made some 'German' ones (blonde hair, blue eyes - horray for stereotypes!) with fitting features, but I struggle a bit with the others. For Asian ones, my main method is low Nose Definition, high Nostril Definition and low-to-lowest Eye Socket Height. For black Sims, I basically go more the opposite: wide nose with high definition and very thick lips. But I feel I could make them... better and more realistic.
Site Helper
#5592 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:53 PM
Get a few pictures of real people who are black or Asian. Try making sims of them as they would be if they were the opposite gender. (Which encourages you to make a sim according to your own vision rather than matching a picture. )

Test Subject
#5593 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 6:25 AM
Some stupid questions about custom worlds and please be as basic in your answer as possible as I am new to Sims.

How do I find out what a building does in a custom world? Also how do I find what EP features are in it?

I downloaded the post apocalyptic world Nightmare City from reading the forum. The atmosphere is excellent but I don't know how to properly play it.
http://nowa2000.de/sims-3-world/sim...nightmare-city/

The buildings are either in German, which I don't speak, and/or CC made by nowa2000 himself/herself that is blank when I click on it. This is true with residential and community lots. Most community lots are just empty when my sim visits. Some of the humongous residential lot buildings seem to be apartment/hotel but I am not sure either. The atmosphere is so good I am hasten to bulldoze anything.

Nightmare City does not list any EP as requirement. Does this mean EP features won't work in this world since some custom worlds specifically laid out if they a certain EP "compatible"? I only have the base game at the moment and don't want to jump into EA DLC money trap yet especially if good worlds such as this don't bother requiring EP, not even Pets.
Scholar
#5594 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 7:57 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 21st Jun 2016 at 7:59 AM. Reason: another thought
wr3sim3, the download page says that the Jinx rabbitholes are required. These are modded objects that contain the information for the game's rabbithole lots (the ones the sims disappear into). I'm guessing you didn't download and install them separately? The page you linked to has a download link for them, which you can follow to get them. They are packages, so they just get placed into the Mods\packages folder.

edit: make sure you put the rabbithole doors into the game before you install the world (that is, uninstall the world, install the doors, then put the world back). Also, as to the lack of sims--did you install the save game too? There's a link for that too.
Test Subject
#5595 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 11:28 AM Last edited by wr3sim3 : 21st Jun 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
wr3sim3, the download page says that the Jinx rabbitholes are required. These are modded objects that contain the information for the game's rabbithole lots (the ones the sims disappear into). I'm guessing you didn't download and install them separately? The page you linked to has a download link for them, which you can follow to get them. They are packages, so they just get placed into the Mods\packages folder.

edit: make sure you put the rabbithole doors into the game before you install the world (that is, uninstall the world, install the doors, then put the world back). Also, as to the lack of sims--did you install the save game too? There's a link for that too.

I have the rabbit holes. I placed them in the Mods folder with other packages in its own folder. The world is in sims3packag so I installed it with the Launcher. I can see the rugs in build mold and can place them so I assume the mods are in place.

What I am not sure is what's included in the original Nightmare City. I have another world that also requires rabbit hole rugs mod and all the rugs show up in the world without needing me to place them. No rugs appear in Nightmare City despite its requirement. Almost every lot I clicked in Edit Town mode is either in German or just no-visitor-allowed/hang-out so I don't know what those buildings are for. There isn't a whole lot of info from the linked page even with Google Translate. Is this just an empty world where all the buildings are merely shells?

EDIT: I used the saved file provided by the author. It adds quiet a few households but the community "buildings" are still empty shells.
Site Helper
#5596 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 5:57 PM
There are rabbithole rugs, and there are rabbithole doors. They are not the same. You need the doors, not the rugs.

A sim using a rabbithole door should not be getting into the building so the only things that would be inside a building with a rabbithole door are decorations. (Unless there is also a real door in the building somewhere for any sims who leave the rabbithole on the wrong side of the door.) It would help reduce file size by not putting anything in them.

Check the doors to the empty buildings. If they are the rabbithole doors, it will tell you which rabbithole they are. (You can change the lot zoning to match the rabbithole if you want to.)

And if you have the rabbithole doors and they are not in that game, you can go ahead and put them on various buildings around town.

Top Secret Researcher
#5597 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:52 AM
Can you double click on a save from a folder in the Saves area, or is there some other reason the game isn't finding the game I started last time? I played nearly a week - the saves are there in the folder, but the game doesn't seem to see them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if the game for some reason actually didn't save anything when it said it was. (I used "save as" after creating the initial save.)
Site Helper
#5598 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 2:07 AM
Double clicking a save file won't do anything unless you have a program like S3PE or S3OC set up to open it. (Although it would tell you something if they can't open it either...)

"Save As" should not be causing a problem. (I always use it rather than just "save" because my game has an annoying tendency to hang up while trying to save and this way I still have a previous save to load when that happens.)
Do the dates and times on the save files match the times when you saved the game?

(I have no clue, either. I'm just doing a bit of guessing.)

Top Secret Researcher
#5599 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:27 AM
The weird thing is that I didn't have any script error messages (I'd expect to have a "we deleted these cars" one from ErrorTrap), either. The saves have the right dates and time signatures.

It's all very weird.
Scholar
#5600 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 12:25 PM
Can I somehow make incestuous siblings? And I mean without having one move out, into another town, brought back and moved back in that ends up deleting their existing relation? I thought Woohooer had an option for that, but I may be confusing it with a different mod... I somehow had the idea of having these two vampire siblings be romantically involved. Because you get the weirdest kinds of people, so why don't I make them in the game, too?
Page 224 of 385