Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#126 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 3:38 AM
If I remember correctly (I'm too lazy right now to double check) I can run up to 3 variations of the same theme, so maybe on down the line...

You will enjoy round 4 then.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:31 AM
I'm worried this sounds like we may perhaps need a back story... Do we need a back story? Or that it is gonna tie into the last round and I am gonna be pissed because I decided not to put in object X...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Inventor
#128 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:43 AM
Am I reading something wrong? I see 7 total - including baby but then you say build for 7 plus baby.

I read: couple, couple+baby, mother, mother-in-law. Did I miss someone?

kittens!
Field Researcher
#129 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:55 AM Last edited by hotaru801 : 14th Feb 2011 at 7:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Am I reading something wrong? I see 7 total - including baby but then you say build for 7 plus baby.

I read: couple, couple+baby, mother, mother-in-law. Did I miss someone?

I figured college kid still needed a room for the times they get kicked out of the dorm... Christmas break and summer...

Edit: I'm sorry if I ruined the hint moment... But I could always be wrong... Who knows... *Confused look* Happy day before Half Off Candy Day!

More Edits: Since this round doesn't have specified rooms, is it possible for sims 3 users the put the extra dresser (which takes place of the changing table) anywhere? Or does it need to be in a certain distance from the crib?

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Scholar
Original Poster
#130 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:29 PM
No back story. You missed someone. Form follows function!

:P

Field Researcher
#131 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 3:42 PM
Another question for you. If stacking stairs do the non-existant tiles where the upper stairs hang just over air (above the lower stairs) count?
Scholar
Original Poster
#132 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 4:54 PM
Yes. Those tiles are being used by the stairs. The only tiles that do not count are "void tiles. Examples: collumns made by 4 walls with a void in the center, the upper floor of a two story room.

If I'm coming across as b*t*hy, I'm sorry, it's not personal. It just seems that EVERY round someone asks about the stairs.

Test Subject
#133 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 8:02 PM
I just wanted to ask about the stairs... nah

I just wanted to know exactly for how many sims we're supposed to furnish. I understand English pretty well but it's not my native language so I guess there's something about this just floating over my head since I also only see 7 sims in the description (8 if you count the college kid coming home sometimes).
Scholar
Original Poster
#134 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 9:22 PM
7 sims and a baby.

Inventor
#135 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 12:44 AM
Ok, I'm with ya now. Thanks for the answers.

This round is hella challenging but I love it.

kittens!
Field Researcher
#136 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 8:23 AM
I've been watching this thread without posting... am I allowed to be a judge if I haven't ever participated in a Contest? If so, I'll happily get involved .

Also I really want to ask where certain people got all the lovely custom content :lovestruc .

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Field Researcher
#137 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 5:09 AM Last edited by hotaru801 : 24th Feb 2011 at 2:01 PM. Reason: More notes
This is my old barn... No fancy names this time, it's just a barn.

It is a 4 bed(+nursery) 3 bath home.
I believe all the personalities and needs are accounted for. :-)

Measurements:
Main Area
9x9
Side Wing
7x4
Upstairs
9x5

To equal a grand total of 154 tiles. And every item has been tested, accounted for and can be used.

Extra notes:
~There is an end table under the stairs next to the fireplace (which can be poked).
~The two toddler skill toys are in the same corner. (The one shot that shows them both got blurry when I resized it. They cross over where the seating position should be but they are functional one at a time.)
~Though you can't see it in the aerial, the dining room does have 6 chairs and this can be seen in the interior shots.
~The telescope can't be seen in any of the shot (I just realized this) And I can't get any pictures right now so... I'll take what I get with that one.
~In the travelling grandma's room there is a night stand next to her bed, it is kinda dark though...

Scholar
Original Poster
#138 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 2:29 PM
So, I've heard back from one judge, that they don't have the time to judge anymore, and I haven't heard at all from the other. I'm already filling in myself as an EJ. I've already tried to get people I know to judge, and no dice on that. I desperately need TWO judges! People who have posted entries in this competition may not replace the judges.

Field Researcher
#139 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 5:25 PM
This has taken me an age - probably because it reflects my personality as much as theirs. So, I decided that rather than save points by using less tiles I wuld use my full quota and make something everybody in the house would like - particularly Mum & Dad who want some privacy and time to themselves.
They bought an old Victorian house and used the upper 2 floors as a family home with 2 bedrooms for them and returning college kid. What should have been a third bedroom upstairs is a cute study.
Hidden below the house (you can't see from the front) are 3 self-contained units, one each for Grandma Wild and Grandma Sane with a bedroom area, kitchenette and bathroom. The two 'bedsits' are separated by the couple with the newborn baby to prevent arguments.They have the same but with separate kitchen and nursery. All 3 units have their own yard and outdoor seating so everybody has their own space. Grandma Wild is at the back with no part of the house above her so she can't disturb anyone above.

So here's the front of the house;

Basement
Here you can see the 3 units, each has it's own cooking, bathing and sleeping area, the Grandmas also have seating and all 3 have a bookcase and outdoors eating area. No excuses to be loitering upstairs when the parents want some peace.

Ground Floor

First Floor

Exterior Images

Living Room

Guess which bedroom belongs to who - I think the alcohol and stereo give away the wildest member of the family! Having used all the tiles there are loads of extras, 2 extra toilets, 2 extra showers, 2 extra dressers, an extra sofa, 3 extra living chairs, a guitar, several stereos and a tv. Also 2 extra nightstands, 2 extra bookshelves and 2 extra sinks.

Wishing you luck with finding new judges :-)
Mad Poster
#140 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
So, I've heard back from one judge, that they don't have the time to judge anymore, and I haven't heard at all from the other. I'm already filling in myself as an EJ. I've already tried to get people I know to judge, and no dice on that. I desperately need TWO judges! People who have posted entries in this competition may not replace the judges.

That sucks! Have you tried asking baratron (the person who posted post #136 asking if they could be a judge)? I don't think they entered it as a contestant at any point.
Scholar
Original Poster
#141 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 6:01 PM
I've pm'ed baratron, and haven't recieved an answer. It's lucky that I keep my hair as short as I do, otherwise I would have pulled a good chunk of it out by now.

#142 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 5:41 AM
I'd be happy to judge!
Inventor
#143 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:55 AM
I can help you out as an emergency judge too. I've been lurking in this tread since the contest started, and I love all the tiny houses. Wouldn't mind it if some of these come up for download.
Scholar
Original Poster
#144 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:03 PM
A very big thank you to Vampire of Death and appelsapgodin for vouluntering to step in as judges. I've pm'ed both of them, and hopefully, I'll be able to post round 2 scores soon. I'm going to let contestants change their round three entries based on round 2 scores, but would like to see those changes posted by Monday at the latest. I'm going to post round 4 on Sunday, to try to keep on schedule.

Inventor
#145 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:25 PM
Oh, thank you for the extension. I'm not even close and was getting worried. I had it nearly completed when I realized that I forgot a room and had to basically restart.

kittens!
Scholar
Original Poster
#146 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
Oh, thank you for the extension. I'm not even close and was getting worried. I had it nearly completed when I realized that I forgot a room and had to basically restart.

It isn't an extension on the round, it's the ability to make changes to the entry after finally getting some feed-back. I'm really sorry about all the souping of the judges.

Field Researcher
#147 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
That sucks! Have you tried asking baratron (the person who posted post #136 asking if they could be a judge)? I don't think they entered it as a contestant at any point.

I haven't entered the contest! I would have, if I'd seen it earlier. But Round 1 was pretty much over by the time I did, so I just added "Love" tags to some of the houses .

Anyway, yes, we're in contact now. I just didn't see the PM yesterday. *kicks MTS for not having a more obvious "You have a new Message" system*

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Inventor
#148 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 7:58 PM
*Is reading all entries again and makes notes to judge.*
Scholar
Original Poster
#149 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
In an effort to try to make things more fair, seeing as how late we are getting round two scores, what I'm thinking of doing is extending round 3 entries/changes untill 12 noon GMT-5 on Tuesday, and hopefully getting round three scores by 12 midnight GMT-5 also on Tuesday. This will give only 4 days for round 4 to end on time though. Round 4 will be the easiest of the rounds; without giving too much away, lets just say that at a minimum, you have all already compleated at least 50% of it (probably more even). Is everyone ok with this scenario? The only other real option would be to extend untill Monday, and have 5 days for round 4. Round 4 is the last round by the way!

Inventor
#150 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:25 PM
I just send in my scores for round 2. This was a hard round to choose fairly IMHO since you all have such different entries. Good luck to you all!

Page 6 of 9