Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 10:25 PM
When I am in CAS, or just editing a sim, I have my game set up to see nothing but Custom Content.

I hate EAs clothing options.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
The male tshirts drive me nuts. When have you ever in your life seen a normal male tshirt that's short enough to show skin between the pants and the shirt? Who looked at that and went "Yeah, this anatomy seems accurate"?

And it's really all of the male basegame shirts. The wifebeater, the tshirt, the tanktop....whoever was working on TS3 basegame was clearly a chick (or blind), because she had no concept of men's clothing.

The belly shirts look like they are tucked in if paired with some of the high waisted trousers. TS2 had this too.
Instructor
#28 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 11:47 PM
My personal experience with TS3 clothes is... well, not bad.

When I started the sims, I just started with 3 I never really played 1 or 2. I was like "woooah this game's got everything!" and I immediately make a huge, stereotypical family... before I even knew about cheats. Haha, that became a disaster quite fast.

But about the clothes, I used to actually really like them. I quickly got bored of them though... But I think the clothes that come with expansion packs (especially late night and showtime) are BRILLIANT. The clothing is just about the thing I look forward to most when I buy an expansion pack. I was a bit disappointed with the World Adventure clothes, though... they're pretty ugly.

Anyway...They're REALLY not that bad if you recolour them with some spunky CC patterns.

Just my opinion.
Instructor
#29 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
And there is another option to shift+click to hide your unwanted clothing item.

Does this work for EA stuff too? I MUST remember to try this next time D: Twallan is awesome.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 12:36 AM
It drove me nuts in the Sims 2, but with this expansion I feel as if the clothes are a little better. Sometimes they're still really odd, but it does give me a laugh when I see townies walking around in something ridiculous.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
I think Twallan's Dresser mod will address many of these issues... ability to blacklist items, change the sort order (custom content first or EA content first)...

I'll check that out. I think I should be allowed to actually delete any individual expansion/stuff pack items that I don't want.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#32 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:49 PM
The TS3 are a huge improvement on the TS2 clothes for sure. It seems that the designers this time around are a lot more in touch with reality, fashion and over all style this time around. Of course the TS2 clothes were incredibly bad so even though TS3 is a huge leap forward there's still room for improvement. Not to forget that CAST can make a lot of things look decent with some tweaking.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Forum Resident
#33 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:56 PM
I think the ability to choose shoes and socks/tights/pantyhose separately from the rest of the outfit gives TS3 the greatest leg-up over TS2 clothing. There were plenty of perfectly decent outfits with godawful shoe choices (usually hideous sandals for men and the blah pumps for women) that made them unusable.

Several of the TS3 dresses seem to flare out around the legs in an odd way, though... Gosh, it'll be nice if some future iteration of the game had even basic fabric movement so we can have full, flowing skirts that aren't just stiff bubbles.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 10:07 PM
TS2 had really small and odd clothes choice. I have TS2 basegame installed now, because I am remaking one of the 'hoods, and when I compare the clothes (and everything else) from TS2 and TS3, I see that they've improved their work on the clothes part greatly. In the base game (TS3) we had some boring, generic items (which stil was better than having a few normal things along with a ton of freaky costumes for aliens, medeival clothes etc. in TS2), but new EPs added variety of styles, and now I use much less CC clothes than I did before, because some EA stuff, very similar to that I downloaded, was added with EPs and SPs. Some outfits are strange and ugly, though, but not so many of them. And, I still download CC, because EA doesn't make certain types of clothes i like: very tight, fit, low-neckline female tops and dresses I usually wear IRL, good quaity long dresses, some kinds of tops for men, accessories, etc. Anyway, TS3 has much better clothes that TS2 had, and, lucky we to have CAST, if I see a sim in a stupidly colored outfit, I just take them to CAS and recolor, and, viola, they start looking normal in the same clothes.
Instructor
#35 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 1:37 AM
I like 80% of my EA clothing and mostly prefer it to CC clothes because half of CC clothing looks painted on to my sims skin. At least EAs has some dimension. Admittedly some of it is crap like half the mens clothing but most of it is just in need of some recoloring. on the other hand I hate EA hair most of it is unusable because of shine or because of its stringiness.

also I see some people mentioning the flippers am I the only person who doesn't have them in any category other than swimwear?
Page 2 of 2