Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:27 PM
Default Beeswax candle that is also a light
I am after a single beeswax candle Something like these http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521176 but is a light, meaning it's found under lighting and can be turned on and off. Preferably simple, fat and on a plate or tray not in a fancy holder. There are so many beautiful candles on here but they are all in decorative.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 2:31 PM
You mean I haven't made one yet? (You have nooooooo idea how many lamps/lights I've made.. how many? Way too many, I'm a bit obsessed with them.)

Well. If you don't find one soon, give me a poke and I'll make you one. If Michelle doesn't mind me using her textures, that is. OR, if you do have one that would work but it's deco, I'll make it functional for you. Either/or, just give me a gentle poke as a reminder. (Since I've been working on lights, why not do another one?)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 3:50 PM
There are many different candles as lamps: http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...re_Candles.html
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I am after a single beeswax candle Something like these http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521176 but is a light, meaning it's found under lighting and can be turned on and off. Preferably simple, fat and on a plate or tray not in a fancy holder. There are so many beautiful candles on here but they are all in decorative.

Just change the category - or do you mean they don't light up?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 8:52 PM
Annaminna, I looked at Parsimonious and they don't have beeswax candles, beeswax has a different look to it.

maxon, I can change deco candles to actual lighting? The thing with most deco candles is they don't actually throw light into a room.

@mustluvcatz I adore those candles recoloured by by Michelle even though none are single I would love for them to be turned into lights. I did find a set by Suni with a single and double candle which I can use but it's rather plain and has no recolours, plate or tray.

I'm after candles for my commune hippie type hood, so modern day, hand made with natural materials rather than medieval.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 10:05 PM
So they're not lighting up - that's separate coding, nothing to do with the catalogue. You can put stuff more or less anywhere you like in the catalogue if you know the appropriate Hex value.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 10:17 PM
Well I didn't check those ones by Michelle but normally deco candles look lit but don't light up an area, also being deco they don't turn off during the day. I thought to be an actual light that turns off and on and lights up an area would take quite a bit of additional coding not just moving about the catalog.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 10:31 PM
I think you could just clone an ordinary table top lamp and then extract and import a candle mesh into the cloned lamp file.

Or maybe there's something slightly more complicated with the source of the light? Dunno - never tried it.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 12:02 AM
Nah, for a candle you need the wick and the flame. Regular lamps don't have those so you need to clone an existing functional candle, PLUS candlelight is usually a lot softer than lamp light. SimPE is loading as I type.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 12:29 AM
*waits excitedly* No pressure though, take all the time you need.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 1:41 AM
@mustluvcatz - Of course I don't mind you using my textures. ♥

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 10:22 AM
@joandsarah77

Single candle - is that what you're wanting for a single candle? I put the deco tray of candles by it so you can sort of get an idea of size/scale. (I plan on there being more than 1 kind of candle.) If so, I'll keep working on it after I get some sleep.

Michelle - thank you! I had found a beeswax texture and it looks like the one you used. But I went with yours since I didn't have to worry about recolors, lol. I did edit it a bit but it's still your texture, which I really like!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz

I know I'm not Jo, but this looks awesome! :-D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 11:12 AM
Looks great! Somehow I knew you would be making more than one.

~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:38 AM
So. There are 4 different candles. And a slight problem - when they're put on anything against a wall, they don't cast light. I know what the problem is and now I've got to fix that... after sleep. Just wanted you to know that I didn't forget about this.

*I said 4 candles and that's true. But if you were to play the "one of these things is not the same" game, one of them is different and that difference is enough to warrant a separate upload. You can thank my youngest for that since he said "Hey, why don't you make one like 'this'" while pointing to a candle I have .. and I thought that was a great idea. So I did!
Theorist
#16 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 2:27 AM
Ooh, glad I popped into this thread again today. So nice of you to take this on, Maria. Can't wait to see the finished item.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 2:35 AM
Now I'm intrigued as I can't think what this one being different could possibly be. Thanks so much for taking this on.

~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#18 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 9:51 AM
The "extra" candle is up on my tumblr: https://mustluvcatz-reloaded.tumblr...gested-a-candle
(Not sure if I'll upload that one here or not.)

One of the other candles just doesn't want to play nicely - the shadow keeps showing in game as a dark grey rectangle. Which is stupidly odd considering it's the same shadow, has the same texture, same TXMT, same everything else as the shadows in the other candles. There is absolutely nothing different about it. So if I can't fix it I'll probably just ditch that candle's shadow altogether. (Which would bother me to no end since I play with shadows on. *sigh*)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 9:57 AM
Mind your own beeswax lol I like the name.

I'd rather have no shadow then a strange shadow, I have a few objects that throw weird wall shadows and would much rather have none.

~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#20 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 11:51 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 10th Dec 2016 at 12:47 PM.
It's fixed. And I ain't even gonna tell you what was wrong with it in the first place.. because it was THAT easy and I can't believe I didn't notice it in the first place. Once the screenshots are done I'll upload them.

DONE
Mad Poster
#21 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:37 AM
I just saw these, which look cool. https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...andles/#respond
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:02 AM
Nice find Charity, I love the clear glass ones.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:37 AM
Yeah, they're my favourite too.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Thank you for requesting this! I just found it in the downloads section. It is exactly what I needed!!